Did Shields just guarantee himself an injured leg?

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
In the post fight talk, he just called Rousimar dirty and said he'd break his leg. Someone's bound to translate that accurately for Rousimar and he's not gonna like that.

Pretty much.
I wouldn't fight Palhares for $1 million

I think Shields will beat Palhares, maybe even submit him after he gasses.

I doubt Paul Harris can leg lock Shields. Jake is too good to get caught in that, plus you have to factor in that he's gonna train leg locks whole camp with high level guys.

Palhares has shown lack of heart and Shields has it in spades. If the fight goes long, Jake will probably sub him.

Shields vs toquinho is a great fight...difficult to predict

I could see Jake move to side control and get an arm triangle or something after escaping a leg lock(if he's able to). Palhares loses it mentally if he can't get the leg lock. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught during a scramble, because Jake isn't really the most explosive takedown artist usually.

I cant see Jake losing this one. He's on another level than Paul Harris.

Plus, Jake's never been submitted in a MMA fight.

I'm interested to see how this fight plays out. Jake did very well against Maia but Paul Harris has crazy retard strength. Respectfully. I'm going with a rare Shields via TKO rd 3.

Alan Belcher put the bjj beatdown on Paul Harris.

With the correct leg lock escapes, Jake Shields murders Paul Harris.

Rousimar is one of the last guys I would call out.

Although last time I checked, I'm not a pro fighter either.

paul harris will lose his title, but only due to holding the leg lock way too long to punish jake for his sharp tongue.

I'm taking Shields in this one.

Belcher looked great with the escapes, but if Rousimar is hungry for the leg, I think he'll get something quick. I'm pretty sure Fitch must have trained escapes a lot too, but didn't help.

Dangerous route to go down, but there will be asses on seats, come fight time.

I cant see Jake losing this one. He's on another level than Paul Harris.

Plus, Jake's never been submitted in a MMA fight.

I just realized that fact about Jake. :eek:^

I can't wait for this one!

Shields rarely submits anyone, especially top grapplers like Palhares. His game is so completely non-aggressive, which is the antithesis of Palhares.

Palhares should just keep it on the feet, his stand-up is better than Jakes

If Jake Shields tkos palhares I'll commit e-suicide

Rousimar has better stand up, better wrestling and is much more athletic. I see palhares throwing jake around like he did horn and winning a decision

Back