Did she hit her head?

Maybe so. But if all she does is grapple against guys in training, how will she react when she's grabbed and slammed into a wall, with punches landing on her head and body?
It depends on the girl (not only on her skill level but also on her mental toughness and ability to adapt to the new situation without panicking), but I would say that she would surely react better than an untrained one.
Sparring with strikes once in a while and learning how to deal with them by closing the distance, staying in position where you can't be struck effetcively etc....would surely be very useful tough.

Last edited:
It depends on the girl (not only on her skill level but also on her mental toughness and ability to the new situation without panicking), but I would say that she would surely react better than an untrained one.
Sparring with strikes once in a while and learning how to deal with them by closing the distance, staying in position where you can't be struck effetcively etc....would surely be very useful tough.

Good post.

Also training with weapons such as stick, knife, and pepper spray, combined with training in situational awareness and de escalation strategies would help, imo.

Maybe so. But if all she does is grapple against guys in training, how will she react when she's grabbed and slammed into a wall, with punches landing on her head and body?

It's a different ball game. Just like the trained teenage boy at 140lbs versus an untrained big man at 220.
Watching the videos of girls beating up thugs, the thugs have zero clue what to do and just get victimized.

Watching the videos of girls beating up thugs, the thugs have zero clue what to do and just get victimized.

There's thread going on in the War Room that I think you should read.

A teenage college girl was stabbed to death by a 14yo boy and his group of fellow lowlifes in Harlem last year.

Do you think any amount of unarmed training on her part would've changed anything?

Unarmed, one vs one fighting is a luxury. One that we cannot be expected to be afforded by reality.

Do you think any amount of unarmed training on her part would've changed anything?
I doubt any sort of fighting training would have help her.
A regular sized women is not beating up multiple guys or any man who doesn't completely suck at fighting.
I would say training to win impossible scenarios has no real value.

Yes. She did. That dude's never rolled in his life. :D
Yep, add in the fact that a girl was getting him in trouble and he probably panicked.

That girl was athletic as hell - combined with some obvious skills and his non-skills.

Good post.

Also training with weapons such as stick, knife, and pepper spray, combined with training in situational awareness and de escalation strategies would help, imo.
<{1-10}>Why are we bringing weapons into a UFC Octagon fight?

Man vs Woman is a no-win for everyone involved.

Dude wins? He beat a girl. Wow.

Dude loses? He got beat by a girl. Lol.

Girl wins? She gets a false sense of security in her abilities, and finds out the hard way, when she gets into an actual fight with a man, who is looking to do her serious harm.

Girl loses? Is normal.
lol exactly their was a woman who trained at my school, she was given a bjj blue belt when she couldnt even do a elbow knee escape from mount just cause she went to mandatory 40 classes at a gym. she goes to my gym and she could not sub this guy who was 250 pounds and a legit blue and super strong and got angry telling me how shes angry that she should be able to beat this man due to her ability.

she literally got u and walked off cause she couldn't pass his guard lol. the expectations women have i feel is due to today with all these super hero movies about women being "badass" makes them think they can do everything men can and better when it comes to physical

Then a bigger person should never roll with a smaller person. The liability of being "too honest" about the situation outweighs the nearly zero reward that comes from competing with them.
exactly lol i feel bad for the girl but.. tbh you stepped into a mans world.. if she legit decided to compete against a man and thought he should "take it easy on her" then yeah. lol whats funny is some people actually think a man should i didnt watch the vid yet but as long as he didnt break the rules of the match i dont feel the guy did anything wrong this is a tournament with pride on the line and money involved not a gym roll

Dude's a Marine, that must be embarrassing, choked out in under a minute too.

Back