Did she hit her head?

Esile

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Did she hit her head or just her back when she was slammed? I'm not too sure (I can watch the video just on a very small screen by the way)

I don’t think the girl on the back was even slammed. She won by rnc. But no she didn’t hit her head or anything hard for that matter

What a coward . I'm sorry but to go that hard at all with a girl that weighs half your weight then slam her like that .... pos man

I don’t think the girl on the back was even slammed. She won by rnc. But no she didn’t hit her head or anything hard for that matter

Umm yeah she was. He didnt fall back he purposely threw himself back. Big difference

What a coward . I'm sorry but to go that hard at all with a girl that weighs half your weight then slam her like that .... pos man
I don't see any problem with going as hard as you can with a girl if she is good enough to take it, why should you treat them differently?
That kind of double standard actually do a disservice to woman, if you go easy on them you are going to give them a false sense of security that will hurt them if they have to use their skills in a real life situation.

I don't see any problem with going as hard as you can with a girl if she is good enough to take it, why should you treat them differently?
That kind of double standard actually do a disservice to woman, if you go easy on them you are going to give them a false sense of security that will hurt them if they have to use their skills in a real life situation.

I agree and disagree at the same time. For example our bigger guys know they are bigger, and can simply use weight and size advantage to overpower smaller guys, but they dont unless their opponent asks them to go 100%. People are not dumb, whether its a woman or a smaller guy, its pretty obvious when someone bigger is going all out or holding back.

That being said there is zero excuse for that slam he did. None. He spazzed out and slammed her out of desperation

If you are getting slammed on your head it's a bit more than you can take.
When going with the good small guy at our gym who trains twice per day it's a full on berimbolo war but I avoid just crushing him with pressure.
With the girls I play around.

This is the whole trouble with BJJ and it's insistence on technical answers of all kinds.<GOT3>

Judo's simplicity avoid this kind of high risk approach. The video highlights the overall dangers that go with a prolonged grappling exchange.

If you are getting slammed on your head it's a bit more than you can take.
When going with the good small guy at our gym who trains twice per day it's a full on berimbolo war but I avoid just crushing him with pressure.
With the girls I play around.
That was a competitive match not training, if they were both aware that slams were legal I see no problem in that, if she did not was cool with it nobody forced her to grapple with him, once she agree it's should not be up to him to go easy to do her a favor....also it obviously was not more than she can take since she still ended up winning lol
If it was not explicity agreed beforehand that slams were a possibility then yeah, it was definetely a dick move and he is an asshole for that.

I agree and disagree at the same time. For example our bigger guys know they are bigger, and can simply use weight and size advantage to overpower smaller guys, but they dont unless their opponent asks them to go 100%. People are not dumb, whether its a woman or a smaller guy, its pretty obvious when someone bigger is going all out or holding back.

That being said there is zero excuse for that slam he did. None. He spazzed out and slammed her out of desperation
Training is a different story altogether, obviously in training bigger people should not be constantly smashing smaller people with strenght since it does not benefit anyone, but this looks to be a competition of some sort.

If it was agreed beforehand that slams were legal I don't see the issue, if not he was an huge dick and deserve an ass beating for that.

Man vs Woman is a no-win for everyone involved.

Dude wins? He beat a girl. Wow.

Dude loses? He got beat by a girl. Lol.

Girl wins? She gets a false sense of security in her abilities, and finds out the hard way, when she gets into an actual fight with a man, who is looking to do her serious harm.

Girl loses? Is normal.

Girl wins? She gets a false sense of security in her abilities, and finds out the hard way, when she gets into an actual fight with a man, who is looking to do her serious harm.
I would assume that girls who can win against people who actually train could beat up some untrained street rat.

I would assume that girls who can win against people who actually train could beat up some untrained street rat.
It's not even an assumption, there are several documented cases of trained girls choking out untrained assailants and stuff like that.

This is the whole trouble with BJJ and it's insistence on technical answers of all kinds.<GOT3>

Judo's simplicity avoid this kind of high risk approach. The video highlights the overall dangers that go with a prolonged grappling exchange.
This post makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Are you suggesting Judo is not technical?
Or Judo is simple?
Maybe Judo is not grappling?
That a throw on a padded wooden cage floor would have ended the match?
That a throw followed by osaekomi or newaza wouldn't be a prolonged grappling exchange?
That attacking the back to choke is not a common technique to Judo and BJJ?
That Judo rulez & BJJ suckz?

Grappling is grappling, its pretty much all technical answers with or without jackets unless you're 100% hoofing people around with zero technique???

Then a bigger person should never roll with a smaller person. The liability of being "too honest" about the situation outweighs the nearly zero reward that comes from competing with them.

Not surprised he slammed her he didn't want to lose to a girl. Oh well he still did anyways.

truly depends on whether or not that type of slamming is allowed under whatever rules they decided to grapple under. if it was, then by all means it would be stupid and sexist to criticism him for 'going hard' against a girl.

I have 3 girls (one 8 years old and 7 years old twins) I make them do BJJ, this is how I see that it's useful

First they don't get all whiney and crying all the time when it plays a little bit rough at school or at home, they are used to get pushed, to get roughen up a little. My oldest girl looks like a little princess but she can play dodge ball with the boys without crying if she gets hit by the ball.

Second, it's good for their coordination, kids class have more warm ups and fundamental movements. I like to know that my little girls can do a proper lunge, squat and push up. Plus shrimping, backrolls, breakfalls...

Third, I know that it's a super fun sport with unlimited new stuff to learn about and that they will be able to continue as they wish in their adulthood. It's cool to continue or to go back to a sport where you have competitions and belt progression even if you're an adult. Cheerleading and gymnastics don't have that.

But, I, like you don't consider that they are now harm safe against an adult man who wants to do them harm, and it will be the same thing when they are adult themselves. BJJ is good in that way, because we don't talk a lot about self defense (it's sport BJJ) so we don't give them a false sense of security. Maybe if it ever happens to them they will have some reflexes that will help them to get away or to show that they are not an easy prey and make the guy go away.

Maybe so. But if all she does is grapple against guys in training, how will she react when she's grabbed and slammed into a wall, with punches landing on her head and body?

It's a different ball game. Just like the trained teenage boy at 140lbs versus an untrained big man at 220.

I have 3 girls (one 8 years old and 7 years old twins) I make them do BJJ, this is how I see that it's useful

First they don't get all whiney and crying all the time when it plays a little bit rough at school or at home, they are used to get pushed, to get roughen up a little. My oldest girl looks like a little princess but she can play dodge ball with the boys without crying if she gets hit by the ball.

Second, it's good for their coordination, kids class have more warm ups and fundamental movements. I like to know that my little girls can do a proper lunge, squat and push up. Plus shrimping, backrolls, breakfalls...

Third, I know that it's a super fun sport with unlimited new stuff to learn about and that they will be able to continue as they wish in their adulthood. It's cool to continue or to go back to a sport where you have competitions and belt progression even if you're an adult. Cheerleading and gymnastics don't have that.

But, I, like you don't consider that they are now harm safe against an adult man who wants to do them harm, and it will be the same thing when they are adult themselves. BJJ is good in that way, because we don't talk a lot about self defense (it's sport BJJ) so we don't give them a false sense of security. Maybe if it ever happens to them they will have some reflexes that will help them to get away or to show that they are not an easy prey and make the guy go away.

That's awesome! They've got a good Father in you. Best wishes for you and your daughters.

It's good to see that there's more women and girls training these days. Wasn't always the case.

Back