Did Meltzer publish a final UFC 194 estimate?

Yea forget that he's universally respected by journalists and fans Cooliox needs to know these sources right now or his entire career is bullshit

Colliox?
I have him on ignore. I should have figured it was him lol

Frank Deford, a 50-year veteran of Sports Illustrated, once labeled Meltzer the most accomplished reporter in sports journalism.

“You could cover the Vatican or State Department,” Deford said recently, “and not do as good a job as Dave Meltzer does”

Yea forget that he's universally respected by journalists and fans Cooliox needs to know these sources right now or his entire career is bullshit
universally respected? he gets called out on his bullshit all the time in wrestling. he was also wrong about Fedor getting 2.5mil for fighting in Rizin. Sakakibara-san had to come out and dispute the claims himself.

Organizations just usually dont give 2 enough fucks to dispute this dude and his clickbait rumors.

No one asked to see sources either, just asking whether any of you have seen said sources or are you just blindly someone because they are a reporter. Facts-not-required basis.

are you a kid? names social security number? simple question was asked, have you seen proof of these claimed sources through your own eyes? "he's a reporter so this is how business works" man go the fuck back to mcdonalds and eat "food". lol
Gonna be honest I have no idea why you brought up McDonalds
Is that a sick burn where youre from?

universally respected? he gets called out on his bullshit all the time in wrestling. he was also wrong about Fedor getting 2.5mil for fighting in Rizin. Sakakibara-san had to come out and dispute the claims himself.

Organizations just usually dont give 2 enough fucks to dispute this dude and his clickbait rumors.

No one asked to see sources either, just asking whether any of you have seen said sources or are you just blindly someone because they are a reporter. Facts-not-required basis.
The facts that got Meltzer his clot are from his wrestling numbers. His estimates lined up well with the true wwe numbers when they became public. No idea if anything else has backed him up.

The facts that got Meltzer his clot are from his wrestling numbers. His estimates lined up well with the true wwe numbers when they became public. No idea if anything else has backed him up.

You are arguing with a guy that still thinks Meltzer reported the $2.5 million Fedor thing even though I showed him the exact wording.
The $2.5 million came from Japanese newspapers, not Meltzer.
This Cooliox guy is a bad troll.

Meltzer was the first to break the Fedor is coming back news and the first to publicly say he was not signed to UFC like many other reporters tried to convince people.

You are arguing with a guy that still thinks Meltzer reported the $2.5 million Fedor thing even though I showed him the exact wording.
The $2.5 million came from Japanese newspapers, not Meltzer.
This Cooliox guy is a bad troll.

Meltzer was the first to break the Fedor is coming back news and the first to publicly say he was not signed to UFC like many other reporters tried to convince people.
Oh. Weird topic to troll/care a lot about.

Oh. Weird topic to troll/care a lot about.

I know. I guess Dave gave his favorite wrestler a bad star rating for a match once.
Very few people get the respect at a level he does.
Ariel & Luke fawn all over the guy and they are fellow reporters.
Snowden too
Jonathan Snowden ;
@JESnowden
Every MMA journalist is the same guy except Dave Meltzer who is the guy they are trying to be.

I know. I guess Dave gave his favorite wrestler a bad star rating for a match once.
Very few people get the respect at a level he does.
Ariel & Luke fawn all over the guy and they are fellow reporters.
Snowden too
Love listening to Meltzer when he's on the MMA Hour. Best guest journalist imo.

He is interesting. He is like an encyclopedia and sometimes comes across like Rain Man because he has so much he wants to say.
I wish he would do more MMA only audio shows about the industry.
Since his site covers both MMA & Pro Wrestling, his shows are a hybrid and that turns off the purist on both sides.
His weekly newsletter has a lot of good MMA info though.

Here is interesting audio where Meltzer responds to Dana.

Meltzer reported an early advance at being lower than expected and Dana went nuts.
Of course Dana got it completely wrong, but never publicly apologized!

There was another time when Fox started with UFC.
Meltzer said that Fox was a little disappointed with the early ratings in his newsletter.
Dana went ape shit of course.
But Meltzer said that Dana called him to tell him in advance that he was going to call him out and not to take offense, but he didn't want it out there that Fox was unhappy and people would take his report and blow it out of proportion.

He basically says that he knows in advance that anything he reports that biz is not as good as UFC hopes that Dana will counter-strike and that he understands why he does it!

Last edited:
'bout tree million fiddy

Here is interesting audio where Meltzer responds to Dana.

Meltzer reported an early advance at being lower than expected and Dana went nuts.
Of course Dana got it completely wrong, but never publicly apologized!

There was another time when Fox started with UFC.
Meltzer said that Fox was a little disappointed with the early ratings in his newsletter.
Dana went ape shit of course.
But Meltzer said that Dana called him to tell him in advance that he was going to call him out and not to take offense, but he didn't want it out there that Fox was unhappy and people would take his report and blow it out of proportion.

He basically says that he knows in advance that anything he reports that biz is not as good as UFC hopes that Dana will counter-strike and that he understands why he does it!

It's all promotion and not personal, have to put over your product. Reason why Dana subtly bashed Benson for his Bellator switch etc.

It's all promotion and not personal, have to put over your product. Reason why Dana subtly bashed Benson for his Bellator switch etc.

Exactly.
But some media doesn't get that and they start wars with Dana.
Just let him (Dana) speak and back up your stance with facts and let the work speak for itself.
Just because Dana acts like an ass that doesn't mean others need to.

Who had it that high?
I don't remember, it was in the week after the event, so it was always gonna be a bit if a guess.

I think the the estimate was based on it having done around 10-15% more than ufc 193, which at the time was estimated at 1.2m.

I don't remember, it was in the week after the event, so it was always gonna be a bit if a guess.

I think the the estimate was based on it having done around 10-15% more than ufc 193, which at the time was estimated at 1.2m.

OK, thanks.
193 wound up 1.1 million. So 10% more fits in with his latest numbers.

Back