Did Keenan just lose to new BB Roberto Jiminez ?

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just saw Robertos IG. Anyone watch that match ?? Keenan just got subbed too last I
Month. Damn.

Edit : it's on youtube but not gonna link it in case its pirated. Intense match !!

Last edited:
He lost, but it was back and forth the whole time, not a bad showing for him at all.

Jiminez is a beast but this is a guy that was still a purple belt by the end of 2018. Damn.

Man, Roberto is a beast. He's dominated divisions since he was barely a teenager. Sure he's a new black belt, but he's been doing jiujitsu and competing in it for most of his life. I was super hyped when I saw that he beat Keenan.

He didn't get his back taken which is what he's saying doesn't work.

He got clearly swept twice tho. I watched it only once so I don't know, but I remember in the second attempt in particular Jimenenz exposed his back but Keenan managed to invert away or something.

However we want to put it, no easy defense as in the video above anyway

He got clearly swept twice tho. I watched it only once so I don't know, but I remember in the second attempt in particular Jimenenz exposed his back but Keenan managed to invert away or something.

However we want to put it, no easy defense as in the video above anyway

I just watched again. He did almost exactly what he shows around the 6 minute mark of that video on both attacks. He got his hips away and Jiminez came up when he couldn't get back exposure.

I just watched again. He did almost exactly what he shows around the 6 minute mark of that video on both attacks. He got his hips away and Jiminez came up when he couldn't get back exposure.

I mean I don't want to be pedantic, but at 6 minute mark of your video he just came back on top and went to a kind of top deep half. How is it almost the same of being swept twice and having to invert out to avoid your back being taken?

Like ok, it's undoubtedly a good defence to not give up the back but if you concede the sweep anyway.. I don't know, I think all his point about berimbolo being so useless as he passed it to be at the times he made the video kinda fades away..

He didn't get his back taken which is what he's saying doesn't work.

Jimmenez inverted into a full bolo twice. Keenan actually tried the technique on his youtube and it turned out to it DID NOT WORK at all an Jimmenez just entered the bolo.

I mean I don't want to be pedantic, but at 6 minute mark of your video he just came back on top and went to a kind of top deep half. How is it almost the same of being swept twice and having to invert out to avoid your back being taken?

Like ok, it's undoubtedly a good defence to not give up the back but if you concede the sweep anyway.. I don't know, I think all his point about berimbolo being so useless as he passed it to be at the times he made the video kinda fades away..

All he talks about in the video is the bolo as a back take. For a while that's what it was, some guys wouldn't come on top, they would only go to the back. Rafa used to do this in some matches.

This is what I think of when I think of berimbolo, to me he defended.

Keenan was much closer in his back take attempts.

He seemed like he was playing fairly loose. I think a match at a big tournament would look different.

Both guys looked good.

Jimmenez inverted into a full bolo twice. Keenan actually tried the technique on his youtube and it turned out to it DID NOT WORK at all an Jimmenez just entered the bolo.

Here's "The real berimbolo". He did not do this.

Here's "The real berimbolo". He did not do this.

Keenan on his video was claiming that the inversion into berimbolo was garbage. That work. Jimmenez got into the berimbolo position. Sure he took the sweep rather then the back, but he isn't know as a berimbolo wizard.

That's how its always worked. The invincible hero steez was IBJJF marketing. I think Buchecha would lose more if he stepped outside.

He clearly exposed keenan's back in his second attempt even if for a fraction. Plus he pinned his hips to the ground both times. His defence looked nothing like the stuff he did in the instructional

He clearly exposed keenan's back in his second attempt even if for a fraction. Plus he pinned his hips to the ground both times. His defence looked nothing like the stuff he did in the instructional
He tried the defense on YouTube on the second bolo it just didn't do shit.

He tried the defense on YouTube on the second bolo it just didn't do shit.
Yeah I mean the last second inversion he used to avoid the back take looked like something entirely else. As you said the one of the video did nothing.

He may soon discover running a gym, website, all his other side shit, AND competing at the highest level may result in stretching himself too thin.

That said, Meregali also got scissored to death. Bunch of upsets. Could be that the new guard is filled with terrors, could be that the older guard doesnt care about "Who wants to be #1" medals.

All that aside...once is a coincidence, but two points make a line. Keenan isn't doing so hot.

I really wasn't expecting this. Kudos to Roberto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back