Did JDS's departure from Black House hurt him as a MMArtist

Miiiiiiighty

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He seemed pretty clueless yesterday to what to do when his boxing wasn't enough and looked like he hadn't prepared for what happened..
He himself said that he didn't have a gameplan and I would add that his striking versatility is seriously lacking nowadays..
I was far from impressed by how uncomfortable he looked with his kicking in the video where Glaube Feitosa holds him the Thai pads .

I have been noticing he seemed to slowly lose steam since parting way with Casa Preta ( Black House ) team with each additional fight

Is he going the Rampage route, only training with Dorea, a boxing coach, and neglecting MMA training as a whole ?

He seems like he doesn't have the high level sparring he used to work with like Machida, Nog brothers, Anderson, Glover etc..

Thoughts on this ?

He trains in the same gym he did before and after. Black House were his agents, nothing else.

His ego hurt him. Hopefully he sees that and gets hungry again.

Blackhouse would have convinced him to just get taken down and use bjj.

But cain is too good on top and he would have just gnp jds repeatedly and win a decision.

He obviously hadn't B or C gameplan when his " A plan " failed too ...

Cain's pressure overwhelmed him basically, as did that overhand right early in the piece. And what the hell do they feed Cain? Dude's cardio is off the charts! :eek:

Hard to say. He just seemed to have no answer for Cain's game.

Jesus Christ. How many times does this shit need to be explained?

Black House is a management group not a fight team. Junior was still training with Team Nog and Anderson after he left "Black House" (Soares).

Aldo is represented by Black House, but he trains with Nova Uniao.

Last edited:
seemed to show in the countdown show for the first time he spent half the camp at what is largely a strength and conditioning gym

Rarely have I seen a look on a face change that drastically. JDS began with his usual confident/mean face and soon changed it for a clueless/afraid face.

20121230122947_1MG_0452.JPG

20121230123241_1MG_0645.JPG

I don't think it has anything to do with Black House. It's more about a guy who convinced himself he couldn't lose. When it happens, he's just not prepared for it. Incredible how much heart he showed in that situation. It shows he wasn't champion by mere luck, he will be back at the top.

Just when I though I found my FOTY at UFC 154, they throw this one at us.

Difficult choice!

He seemed pretty clueless yesterday to what to do when his boxing wasn't enough and looked like he hadn't prepared for what happened..
He himself said that he didn't have a gameplan and I would add that his striking versatility is seriously lacking nowadays..
I was far from impressed by how uncomfortable he looked with his kicking in the video where Glaube Feitosa holds him the Thai pads .

I have been noticing he seemed to slowly lose steam since parting way with Casa Preta ( Black House ) team with each additional fight

Is he going the Rampage route, only training with Dorea, a boxing coach, and neglecting MMA training as a whole ?

He seems like he doesn't have the high level sparring he used to work with like Machida, Nog brothers, Anderson, Glover etc..

Thoughts on this ?

When his boxing wasn't enough ??

What else does JDS have outside of his boxing. I think he learned that he needs more then just boxing to stay relevant as champion or learn how to adjust in fight to benefit his strength when it is taken away.

Like the other champions, Jones, Aldo and GSP, they can win in many different ways and there are benefits to having many different facets to your game as champion.

Last edited:
When his boxing wasn't enough ??

What else does JDS have outside of his boxing. I think he learned that he needs more then just boxing to stay relevant as champion.

Like the other champions, Jones and GSP, they can win many different ways and there are benfits of being wellrounded champions.

I agree that he is clearly too one dimensional..

He looked like a boxing version of prime CroCop but not as good neither as fast
He has tremendous heart and chin though but he needs to up his whole game if he wants to be able to become the " HW Chuck Liddell " ..

Like it's been said he seems to have been overconfident and just had no clue what to do once he realized his sprawl and brawl wouldn't be enough to beat Cain again

He is still an awesome fighter. Cain smothering style is why we did not see his skills. Similar to Bendo vs Diaz.

Fighting a better fighter last night hurt him as an MMArtist

I would hardly call JDS a MMaritist. To me he is very one dimensional and did well up until now. Maybe now he will go back to the drawing board and become a real MMArtist. Train hard in all other descipline.

Back