Did JDS's departure from Black House hurt him as a MMArtist

Masterful performance by Cain, incredible heart by JDS. Cain came well prepared and executed a very well played game plan. Im not sure Dos Santos was prepared for the angles Cain worked and ultimately the pace Cain put on Dos Santos became quite a bit to try to keep up with.

You could really tell the pace was getting to JDS when he started to concentrate on body shots, he was definitely trying to slow Cain down.

It was a great fight, JDS won me over as a fan even in defeat.

I agree that he is clearly too one dimensional..

He looked like a boxing version of prime CroCop but not as good neither as fast
He has tremendous heart and chin though but he needs to up his whole game if he wants to be able to become the " HW Chuck Liddell " ..

Like it's been said he seems to have been overconfident and just had no clue what to do once he realized his sprawl and brawl wouldn't be enough to beat Cain again

The worst thing was how bad JDS looked and how unable he was to make adjustments in fight. I think that was the biggest issue, JDS did not know how to make the proper adjustments in the fight.

Cain just pretty much embarrassed JDS and JDS made no adjustments for the wrestling or grappling on the cage. He also didnt fair too well against Cain on the ground.

I am also hearing he didnt bring in a wrestler for this fight, he just thought he was going to KO Cain.

Hopefully this loss brings JDS down to earth and makes him understand that he really needs more facets to his game or learn how to make smart adjustments in fight to benefit his strengths.

Cain kept saying before the win that he needed to fight his way and put the pressure on JDS. That's exactly what he did and you could tell Junior was overwhelmed. He wasn't giving him much time to load up those big shots he's so good at. I think JDS would do better in a rematch being more prepared but Cain has a great style to counter his heavy hands and I don't think many men could have survived his pace last night. JDS really impressed me with his fortitude, he looked defeated after the first round but never gave up. It's a shame he didn't get more respect from the crowd.

Last edited:
You fucking knobs still don't get that Black House is a management group?

Back