Did JDS hurt himself too bad by hitting his head or did he just use all his gas?

Laban

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I didn't see the post fight press con so I don't know if he spoke on it. Did JDS really hurt himself that bad? To me it just look like he used everything he had left in that final submission attempt and his body could do no more due to fatigue and being damaged for 5 rounds. The only one that knows for sure is JDS. I think is hard for Rogan to know that is what happened.

Last edited:
He wasnt at the press conference, he was at the hospital

he hit his head really hard and said he turtled because he thought he was going to die

JDS will be fine now

Dana's tweet

Dana White ‏@danawhite 9h
Just an FYI.... JDS ct scan of brain, face and spine are all good and he is in good spirits. I am heading to Vegas, thank u Houston!!

He'd taken so much damage I just think he was done. They said at the hospital he thought the fight was over in round 2. He took massive damage in that fight.

1.+Go+to+fountain+of+youth+2.+Go+_5befb80ab11ee4c36ce90e6b92a44a5b.jpg

Corner should have thrown in the towel and Herb is inconsistent as f*ck.

He'd taken so much damage I just think he was done. They said at the hospital he thought the fight was over in round 2. He took massive damage in that fight.

I was think he just took so much damage and expended so much energy. I have to wonder if hitting his head on the floor would have even been an issue if it happened early. Unless JDS says something specific, it is just speculation on how much damage that did.

He wasn't out, at all. I think hitting his head like that stunned him, but he was awake and aware. Rogan's whole comment about him holding his head because he was knocked out was silly. How many unconscious fighters turtle up and protect their head?

JDS was stunned, and completely exhausted. But he was fully conscious. His ability to take a shot and absorb punishment are, in all honest, second to none right now.

In my opinion Cain grabbed JDS and pulled him down with him pretty hard cuasing that head slam to the mat. I don't really buy that JDS "slipped". But I think he was done, if the head slam didn't faze him that much, his gas tank was depleted. That fight was gonna go to a decision if not for that and Cain was going to get the UD no matter what.

I didn't see the post fight press con so I don't know if he spoke on it. Did JDS really hurt himself that bad? To me it just look like he used everything he had left in that final submission attempt and his body could do no more. The only one that knows for sure is JDS. I think is hard for Rogan to know that is what happened.

Cain just beat him badly and dominated the whole fight. Cain is just waayyyy too much for JDS.

He wasn't out, at all. I think hitting his head like that stunned him, but he was awake and aware. Rogan's whole comment about him holding his head because he was knocked out was silly. How many unconscious fighters turtle up and protect their head?

JDS was stunned, and completely exhausted. But he was fully conscious. His ability to take a shot and absorb punishment are, in all honest, second to none right now.

You're right. He can take a shot. He is basically a human punching bag for Cain. I'm sure he wants no more of Cain. Cain even predicted he would feel like that after the fight. There is way too much distance between their abilities for most to even care about a 4th Fight. Hopefully, JDS will fight again.

That head spike looked pretty painful. I'm sure he got a bit of a stinger from it.

I didn't see the post fight press con so I don't know if he spoke on it. Did JDS really hurt himself that bad? To me it just look like he used everything he had left in that final submission attempt and his body could do no more. The only one that knows for sure is JDS. I think is hard for Rogan to know that is what happened.

Gassing wasn't it at all. He took an unreal amount of punishment and the neck spike didn't help his cause.

I think he collapsed from exhaustion, and he was holding his head to defend from Cain. The thought behind him holding his head because he hurt it on that fall seems a little far-fetched to me.

Cain just beat him badly and dominated the whole fight. Cain is just waayyyy too much for JDS.

No "waayyy'. Caim was 'just enough' too much. Not to take anything away from Cain, I was rooting for him, and he executed a very smart game plan for JDS, but I think JDS beats Cain in 2 years.

agreed

JDS was on autopilot by the 3rd round, when he hit his head in the 5th he had nothing left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back