did it bother Amanda that they kept calling Ronda the pioneer, when Nunes has been fighting longer?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nunes has been fighting since 2008, let that sink in. what did Ronda pioneer?

Good question.

Nothing.She's just a great judoka who's also very marketable and was at the right place at the right time.

There were many pioneers before Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. They sing folksongs and write legends about Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. Why? Because they were Daniel-fuckin'-Boone and Davy-get-over-it-Crockett.

There were many pioneers before Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. They sing folksongs and write legends about Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett. Why? Because they were Daniel-fuckin'-Boone and Davy-get-over-it-Crockett.

Considering most of those legends are not true I don't think this example accomplishes what you think it does, lol.

Ronda pioneered the go to guide on how to ruin your career.

Considering most of those legends are not true I don't think this example accomplishes what you think it does, lol.
Whether or not those legends are true is not the point. The point is that THEY are legends despite there being priors that have become footnotes, much like the vast majority of the females that have fought before Ronda.

Last edited:
WMMA exists in the UFC because of Ronda's influence and star power. So yes, she was and is the pioneer.

I'm tired of UFC and MMA media saying she trailblazed and was a "pioneer." What about all of the fucking women fighting in small clubs for shit money or no money before her? Those are the real trailblazers.

Whether or not those legends are true is not the point. The point is that THEY are legends despite their being priors that have become footnotes, much like the vast majority of the females that have fought before Ronda.

No, the point is that THEY don't deserve their rep any more than Ronda does. So using them as an example to defend Ronda really doenst make much sense.

Ronda was winning Olympic medals while Nunez lost to cans in Brazil

Nope! Amanda has her belt & title and even Amanda as admitted that Ronda as done a lot for the sport of wmma. Amanda knows everybody saw her rip Ronda's ass and retire her as it looks and put her coach out of a job, why would her not being called a pioneer bother her, either way she's in the history now...

WMMA exists in the UFC because of Ronda's influence and star power. So yes, she was and is the pioneer.

Exactly. Pioneer is just a word. The fact remains that WMMA would probably not be where it is today (headlining a card) without Ronda. Is it the UFC marketing? You betcha. Would it be the same if it was Amanda that was marketed? We'll never know.

No, the point is that THEY don't deserve their rep any more than Ronda does. So using them as an example to defend Ronda really doenst make much sense.
Deserve's got nothing to do with it. They are the recognized pioneers because they are legends. The others are merely footnotes.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it. They are the recognized pioneers because they are legends. The others are merely footnotes.
i guess it's just a matter of semantics, they say pioneer but they really mean she was popular. To me pioneer means 1st of something or an innovator

Jesus christ. She pioneered women into the UFC. Without Ronda, there wouldn't be any bantamweight, straweight or featherweight divisions in the UFC for women. She did it. She is a pioneer.

So fraud is "pioneer" now?

Why not just be honest in what you are selling people? Just say "I'm one of the best female fighters behind Cyborg and a few other female fighters but I want to start female MMA in the UFC and make it more mainstream"

People aren't gonna hate you if you are just honest with them. If you try and scam people though they will never forget

Yeah, I don't think you really understand the conversation here. The entire point is whether she deserves to be called a pioneer. lol

Ronda was very important to the sport, this is undeniable, like her or not. Amanda even said it immediately after she won, she knows her place.

Yeah, I don't think you really understand the conversation here. The entire point is whether she deserves to be called a pioneer. lol
Yes she does. Is she not responsible for WMMA being on the biggest stage of the sport and for it gaining notoriety? Yes, she is. Ronda is a pioneer both in legend and fact.

ACCEPT.

Back