Did Greg Jackson have a falling out with Jon Jones?

He was out finding supplements they can blame if jon cycles wrong again.

Nothing wrong with the get fans line. That's exactly what Jones should have done and what post fight interviews are for. The fighter gets to address the live audience and hype his future up.

"Go trick fans into liking you by faking concern for the guy who looks like you just killed him."

It was manipulative and disingenuous in a bald-faced and blatant way. Very clumsy PR.

He’s literally in embedded from this event.

Jackson’s legacy is a complicated one - he comes across as a philosopher, but also a duplicitous “go get some fans” jerk. He seemed to meticulously gameplan for boring decision wins with some fighters, while letting others (Leonard Garcia) just swing wildly. Lastly, part of me wonders if he could have been stricter on Jones instead of (I’m speculating here) enabling his crazy antics.
You have to let fighters be their own fighters. You can help mold them, train to improve weaknesses and tune into their strengths, but at the end of the day you can't turn someone like Garcia into GSP. Different minds, different athletic abilities, different body types, different strengths and weaknesses. Otherwise everyone would fight like Jones or GSP.

I'll admit, I have very little talent with BJJ. I spent more time on BJJ than striking or wrestling combined because they were my strengths by a huge margin, but I will never be a black belt in BJJ. Obviously that shaped tactically how I would fight and spar, which would be to stand and bang or use a TD to GnP and only use defensive BJJ... almost exclusively.

And Jones is a huge cash cow for the gym, I'm not surprised they didn't kick him out.

Jackson’s legacy is a complicated one - he comes across as a philosopher, but also a duplicitous “go get some fans” jerk. He seemed to meticulously gameplan for boring decision wins with some fighters, while letting others (Leonard Garcia) just swing wildly. Lastly, part of me wonders if he could have been stricter on Jones instead of (I’m speculating here) enabling his crazy antics.
You can only do so much with what you have. He probably realized that he cant change Leonard Garcia. So just let him bang bro.

He is a mad genius when it comes to psychology and gameplanning,and keeping his fighters head in the game. People may not like his style,but it got results.

Nothing wrong with the get fans line. That's exactly what Jones should have done and what post fight interviews are for. The fighter gets to address the live audience and hype his future up.

fuckin LOL at this

He left this guy

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

like this

Jones-vs.-Machida.jpg

and u think pretending to show concern is the same as "I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"....

<36>

For the record, I have no issue with Jones not giving a single fuck about Machida. Makes me more of a fan honestly. But the coach not giving a shit, and telling him to pretend to give a shit, is ridiculous.

fuckin LOL at this

He left this guy

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

like this

Jones-vs.-Machida.jpg

and u think pretending to show concern is the same as "I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"....

<36>

For the record, I have no issue with Jones not giving a single fuck about Machida. Makes me more of a fan honestly. But the coach not giving a shit, and telling him to pretend to give a shit, is ridiculous.

And so when did Greg imply Jones should go show 'fake concern'?

"Go trick fans into liking you by faking concern for the guy who looks like you just killed him."

It was manipulative and disingenuous in a bald-faced and blatant way. Very clumsy PR.

You are putting words in Greg's mouth. I didn't understand it to mean "go show fake concern to earn some fans", simply "go give your post fight interview and win the audience over."

That's perfectly good advice.

Greg “Action” Jackson dealing out a lil life advice to Jones and getting hate for it. Smh

Jon, Jones Jones. Quit running over pregnant women, win some fans.

- Kenny Florian

You are putting words in Greg's mouth. I didn't understand it to mean "go show fake concern to earn some fans", simply "go give your post fight interview and win the audience over."

That's perfectly good advice.

Lol. And that would be why you're confused at the criticism.

Back