Did Fedor duck/avoid any fighter in his career?

Did Fedor duck/avoid any fighter in his career?

• Total voters
Was he scared to fight anyone? no, definitely don't think he was.

Were him and his team thinking about the playing field and thinking about his overall career when it came to fights? Probably, and literally everyone should do that, if you force everything to solely play into what the people want, things probably won't go your way.

You need a balance of what's best for you and what makes people want to watch you.

Did you just cite a loss in which he was finished as a way of trying to pass off Bob Sapp was good? Ok.....

No, as a way of saying he could be dangerous regardless of his lack of skill. And give the #1 HW a good fight and put him in a terrifying situation.

And even after that loss (his only one at the time) people were scared as hell of him. I mean ffs look at him, tell me you wouldn't be scared shitless being in the ring with the guy. It was a while before it was established that he crumbled if punched, which made him a lot less scary.

No, as a way of saying he could be dangerous regardless of his lack of skill. And give the #1 HW a good fight and put him in a terrifying situation.

And even after that loss (his only one at the time) people were scared as hell of him. I mean ffs look at him, tell me you wouldn't be scared shitless being in the ring with the guy. It was a while before it was established that he crumbled if punched, which made him a lot less scary.
He was about as talentless as they come. He didn't get wiped out by everyone because he had over 100 lbs on most of his opponents and was as juiced as anyone in mma history.

None. But prides matchmaking was 50% entertainment value and only 50% merit based so go figure. But since he was four times as active as modern ufc hw champs he has dozens of wins over worthy contenders and a handful of pretenders too.

greatest hw resume ever could have been better matched but it is what it is

This is one of those rare scenarios where I actually believe Dana. He and the UFC wanted Fedor so very badly that it can only be inferred that Fedor and his management deliberately chose not to sign. They asked for ridiculous things (like the UFC building a stadium in Russia) as well as co-promotion (which the UFC simply wouldn't do. I mean why would they want to partner with any org but especially one based in Russia....).

Why Fedor chose not to come into the UFC is a big mystery. He resigned with the B leagues even though he definitely would have made a lot more money in the UFC with PPV points alone. Then he got drubbed and lost his value.

Randy vs. Fedor in the UFC would have set records. Randy tried to get out of his UFC contract to fight Fedor because he also knew how big it would be.

I don't think Fedor feared any fighter but I'm sure he feared losing (as all athletes do).

Sapp and pre-Roid Overeem were both pretty much cans.

I remember hearing this too back then. They were also supposed to get matched in the owgp, but Wanderlei took Fedor's spot, no?
The open weight happened after their fight and Fedor didn’t compete in it due to injury.

It was between 2003 and 2005 that they were trying to make the fight happen and Fedor wasn’t signing.

After Mirko knocked out Fedors brother, then later his training partner Ibrahim Magomedov, he famously demanded Takada get in the ring and give him his samurai word that the next fight would be against Fedor.

laughed @ "stylically favorable matchups like Nog." Contending against the undisputed #1 HW on planet Earth for a title is Fedor picking a matchup now.

The crazy thing about that fight is people, almost 19 years later are still going on about how elite BJJ guys (like Nog) can give high level Sambo guys (like Fedor) problems. Oliviera morphed into the number one pick of who'd give Khabib trouble, people saying Burns would submit Khamzat, etc.

lol

So Fedor signed to fight him and then snuck steroids into his drinks? Whoever snuck high level steroids into Jones drinks must have taken notes from Fedor who signed to fight Josh but then maliciously forced Josh to test positive and fold an organization. 4D chess ducking from Fedor.

The people saying this shit are people that weren't there at the time.
They think they know, but lack the context behind everything.

They hear a couple of things on the internet, and all of a sudden they're experts.
Fedor beat every top guy at the time..Nog, he beat on the ground when everyone was saying he should avoid that area.

Crocop...who was kicking everyone's head of at the time, he beat on the feet, when everyone thought he should go to the ground.

He beat a very dangerous Semmy Schilt, Randleman dropped Fedor on his head...and literally 30 seconds later he subs Randleman.

He beat all the best, at what they were good at.

Yet these roads think he was afraid lol

The people saying this shit are people that weren't there at the time.
They think they know, but lack the context behind everything.

They hear a couple of things on the internet, and all of a sudden they're experts.
Fedor beat every top guy at the time..Nog, he beat on the ground when everyone was saying he should avoid that area.

Crocop...who was kicking everyone's head of at the time, he beat on the feet, when everyone thought he should go to the ground.

He beat a very dangerous Semmy Schilt, Randleman dropped Fedor on his head...and literally 30 seconds later he subs Randleman.

He beat all the best, at what they were good at.

Yet these roads think he was afraid lol

Toads*

The only thing Fedor ducked was not holding himself to the highest standard possible. He avoided not being great.

GOAT.

Reem, Randy, Lesnar

I didn't get the impression that Fedor was afraid of anyone or really even cared who he fought. When M-1 started managing him, they definitely wanted to protect their cash cow though. That's just business. They had no interest in Bob Sapp and Overeem fights. I don't remember if it was Vadim or someone else but they mentioned how it would be a shame if Fedor's first real loss was against a steroid abuser and didn't want him fighting Reem.

Even recently, Coker said he'd sign Werdum or anyone Fedor wanted. He asked Fedor if he wanted to avenge his loss against Werdum and he said he didn't care.

I don’t think Fedor feared anyone. If anything, his management feared his first lost…
Nailed it.

Most of these fighters are not scared to fight, win or lose. Their management is scared of losses that hurt their potential earnings.

Regarding Fedor in the UFC, Dana White even stated Fedor was not afraid to fight but that he had managers who were crazy. There is a youtube clip of the interview.

He 100% ducked Overeem. Fedor fanboys try to spin this so hard.

As far as Brock and Barnett go - it's understandable. The fight with Barnett was in the works and Fedor clearly disliked Dana and didn't want to be in the UFC.

He was open to fighting Couture and Barnett in Affliction. Some friendship with Barnett cited earlier. Fought AA and Sylvia. Fought Werdum, Cro Cop, Nog 3 times.

I don't think he wanted to fight Ubereem. According to Alistair Fedor refused that fight. Sergei was a countryman and they both were at RTT. IDK about Sapp, Fedor had just signed with Pride. Nog was champ there before, so that pairing made more sense. Sapp was a beast back then tho.

Back