Did Dominic Cruz retire?

Cruz should have pulled out of the Garbrandt fight, he was severely debilitated by plantar fascia tendinitis. I thought this was common knowledge. Watch any of Dom's fights and tell me he was 100 percent.
Oh I concur about the Garbrandt fight but I'm not sure he's capable of making it to the octagon anywhere close to 100 percent ever again so the only way it may occur is if he fights injured or so severely reduced by his catalogue of injuries his level of performance will fall off a cliff. I've genuinely lost track of the injuries that man has endured.

Oh I concur about the Garbrandt fight but I'm not sure he's capable of making it to the octagon anywhere close to 100 percent ever again so the only way it may occur is if he fights injured or so severely reduced by his catalogue of injuries his level of performance will fall off a cliff. I've genuinely lost track of the injuries that man has endured.
He looks in phenomenal shape at the moment, best I've seen him in years.

He looks in phenomenal shape at the moment, best I've seen him in years.
If you mean in 3-4 odd years I'd imagine he would be. As I said I'd be mightily impressed if he came back and won the belt but I highly doubt it.

Lol: at this point I got so used to Cruz being out because of injuries that this time around I didn't even realize it had been so long (since 2016).

I migh't ve guessed second half 2018.

His age and fragility do not bide well for a return. I'm sure he intends to..... It's one thing to come back from these injuries, but I go with what Faber said, he's just not built for combat. INCREDIBLE fighting mind, but his body isn't made for the sport....

Hes turning 35 next month and has fought 9 times in the past decade.........

honestly does it matter

hes effectively the BW Cain Relaxquez
Except when he comes back he inexplicably looks good.. so it's always interesting to keep tabs on.

He's injured himself into irrelevancy. Even if he comes back, he'll only get injured again.

If you mean in 3-4 odd years I'd imagine he would be. As I said I'd be mightily impressed if he came back and won the belt but I highly doubt it.
Many said such things before with his last lay off with injuries, all faith in Cruz. If anyone can do it... he can.

Many said such things before with his last lay off with injuries, all faith in Cruz. If anyone can do it... he can.

He has a history of rising to the occasion, I doubted him in the TJ fight. Honestly thought he was going to get obliterated, but he put on one of the best performances in BW history imo

I am in absolute shock at the amount of flack Dom is catching in this thread lmao. Thought everyone kind of agreed that he is legit the greatest BW of all time. TBH if his career wasnt derailed due to injuries I could deff see him beating Cody in a rematch, getting the belt and then going to 145 and giving people SERIOUS problems with that awkward counter punching and angles IMO.

He just fights for the title every three years or so.

So he’s nearly over due!

Expect him back for a title shot very soon.
lol Jeepers creepers style. When the seasons change 3 times and the stars align. Cruz's body will synch with the eqinox and he will be granted True power.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people can dismiss Dominick Cruz at their own peril.

Any guy who can battle through multiple major, career altering injuries and come back and win the championship from the reigning, dominate champion after a virtual five year layoff should never be counted out of the conversation.

The guy is a stud, and there's no fighter worth their salt that is going to take him lightly.
I think why people dismiss him is because he has never had to climb the ranks. He is always gifted favourable fights/title shots. If he had to string together wins and climb the ranks like everyone else, he would be a top 10 fighter, maybe top 5. He would have undoubtedly racked up more losses and probably retired by this point if he had a healthy career imo.

its only worth it to him, if he is fighting for the belt

but does the UFC want him with the title, knowing how much of a liability he is?

doubt it

He just fights for the title every three years or so.

So he’s nearly over due!

Expect him back for a title shot very soon.
Gsp should also at this time return

Back