Did Derrick Lewis even connect on Travis Browne?

Africa5876

The Last GenderBender (Usada approved)
Banned
Reaction score
I've rewatched the knockout tons of times and Everytime I've rewatched it, the punch that supposedly "dropped" him doesn't even seem to land. It's like he got dropped by a gust of wind. Course the follow-up shots on the ground put him out but I don't even think the punch that sent him on his fine ass even landed, unless he maybe got spooked by Derrick's fist.

(Ko is at 5:08)

You know the expression “dead before he hit the ground?”
A person who jumps off a cliff will go out before they hit the ground and suffer massive injuries.

A person who sees Derrick Lewis’s fist coming towards their face might suffer a similar involuntary reaction.

After that fight with Arlovski, all it took was wind to put Browne down.

Hope they feed Greg Hardy to the beast soon, can’t wait for beast to put hands on him like he did TRAVIS.

time stamp motherfucker.

on youtube>click 'share'>check the 'start at' box>copy link.

You know the expression “dead before he hit the ground?”
A person who jumps off a cliff will go out before they hit the ground and suffer massive injuries.

A person who sees Derrick Lewis’s fist coming towards their face might suffer a similar involuntary reaction.

Lol wut?

That's a reference to taking a bullet to your CNS and being dead before you body falls.

I can’t remember where I saw it but a different camera angle shows the impact

Early stoppage imo.
We need Yuji Shimada and Josh Rosenthal.

His ba//s were probably hot again...

Last edited:
Agreed the punch on Browne might not of landed, looked a bit like he just lost his balance trying to avoid it. His a big guy who loses centre of gravity easily.

On a side note, has Browne ever formally retired? I believe he still hasn't made up his mind but he hasn't fought in like 2 1/2 years.

Looked the same when Travis lutter KO'd Marvin Eastman. The punch looked like it grazed him at the very best but flat lined him. It would have been super suspicious but it had came out that Eastman actually went into the bout with a concussion so one of the few cases where he likely could have been ko'd by a stiff breeze.

Looks like the punch missed then Travis stumbled.

He hit his forehead. After that he pounded him unconscious. Nothing suspicious about that

Derick Lewis is probably the worst hw fighter at top rankings ever. However, you gotta give gim credit. With his lame skillset,he won good chunk of fights and most of them vs top tier opoonents. Its all due to his 2 lethal weapons. Which ones ? Power obviously and last but not least his High Fight iq. He knows that he is not the best fighter, slow and flat footed, lazy but when he sees an opening, its game over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back