• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did DC's eye pokes really affect the first stipe match?

DC is a dirty fighter... he's said this many times in interviews. "I'm a dirty dog" " I've got all kinds of dirty tricks". He's blatantly poking him in the eye many times, there's video showing it's def repeated and on purpose. I wouldn't mind his bullshit as much if he didn't act like a boyscout.

He eyepoked, he cheated to make weight, but in the end Justice was served... got his ass handled in the rematch, TWICE. Fuck daniel Cormier glad he lost to jones twice too

Your own statement is an oxymoron, you claim dc pretends to be a boy scout, while at the same time calling himself a dirty dog.

He ain’t acting like a boy scout if he admits to being dirty.

I don't see how anyone can watch some of Jones or Cormier's last couple of fights and not think that they are blatantly throwing out eye poke attempts. DC would literally hold his fingers on both hands outstretched constantly. And Jones would rake the eyes of a few opponents who would complain to useless referees.
Yep.

Surely it's also a pure coincidence that DC suddenly started having issues with keeping his fingers in check only after he fought Jones the first time. If I didn't know any better, DC being such a wholesome guy and all, I would almost think he realized how effective doing that actually is and how easy it is to get away with it.

But nah, our Daniel would never.

Did DC poke him for the second and third fight?

He was getting hit by that punch repeatedly before the eye poke

Are you saying that as an argument against the idea? Because logic then wonders : if he was getting hit by the same punch before then why wasn't he knocked out before?

You can see a punch coming and not have the ability to defend or evade it, but having that split second to brace yourself can be the difference between eating a punch like it's breakfast or getting rocked. Which is why it's an adage in boxing that "it's the punches you don't see coming that knock you out."

Your own statement is an oxymoron, you claim dc pretends to be a boy scout, while at the same time calling himself a dirty dog.

He ain’t acting like a boy scout if he admits to being dirty.
He acts like a boyscout in front of cameras and the media...

But i've seen a lot of footage.. he was talking to khabib about how dirty he fought, he won't that stuff in a press conference.. he'll bitch about jones cheating etc.. whild being a cheater himself..
It's called acting one way and being another...
He's two faced...

I can't believe i'm explaining this jesus

So let me see if I got this. Everyone in this thread basically says DCs first win over stipe doesn't count because of an eye poke. Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Maybe, but Stipe paid him back in the hematch.

Both dudes made Juicehead Jones proud with their retinal skewering skills.
Didn't you use to say DC won it fairly? No offense I'm just confused. I'm not even a big fan of DC.

Last edited:
Are you saying that as an argument against the idea? Because logic then wonders : if he was getting hit by the same punch before then why wasn't he knocked out before?

You can see a punch coming and not have the ability to defend or evade it, but having that split second to brace yourself can be the difference between eating a punch like it's breakfast or getting rocked. Which is why it's an adage in boxing that "it's the punches you don't see coming that knock you out."

Thats fair.

We'll never know for certain, but:

1. DC very clearly poked Stipe on purpose. He literally kept jabbing his fingers directly at Stipe's eyes and had already been warned 3 times by the ref.
2. The poke happened with 1:09 left in the round. DC dropped Stipe with a punch to the damaged eye exactly 40 seconds later.

Coincidence? You be the judge. There's been a lot of talk about Jones being a dirty fighter (which he is), but DC is also an incredibly dirty fighter.

A couple of events back on some early prelim, DC is commentating and admitted he cheated a lot in the cage. And he fessed up about Towelgate during his speech at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Yet almost everyone still thinks of him as the "good" guy...

Because I don't think they would have changed the result . Stipe was doing it too and DCs boxing looked a lot better in that fight than in the next two fights. Two all time greats. Not saying DC is better but I think he won the first fight fair and square.
they gave extra time for him to recover
theres no way people would call these guys cheater

except for jones

Personally I think the main issue is that Stipe went in with the wrong gameplan, he chased DC down the way he did guys like JDS and Reem but that played into Cormiers hands.

Beat him up so bad he needed to make a late fight adjustment to keep beating him?

Which fight are you talking about? Cormier only won the first two rounds of their second fight, was plainly fading, and would have lost the decision if it had gone the distance. In the third fight, Stipe won either 49-46 or 48-47 (depending on who you ask), meaning he was dominant throughout the entire fight, not just at the end.

May have, but not as much as DC post back surgery and going into the rematch and trilogy without being able to properly train. People seem to mix the fights up and forget DC was coasting to victory until he gassed in the rematch before getting finished and the third fight was purely ego.

<This7><WhitmanDefeat>

Surely it's also a pure coincidence that DC suddenly started having issues with keeping his fingers in check only after he fought Jones the first time. Then DC realized how effective doing that actually is and how easy it is to get away with it.

Jones, the protected LHW, was granted EPP, Eye-Poke-Priveledge.

DC was much braver, challenging Heavyweights and using his EPP effectively.

Jones remained fearful of stepping up to HW, refusing to fight DC there. Jones remained a Lightweight for years to avoid fighting men his own size. Jones silently and jealously watched as DC went on, fighting men Jones wouldn't, to win the HW title.​

A couple of events back on some early prelim, DC is commentating and admitted he cheated a lot in the cage. And he fessed up about Towelgate during his speech at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Yet almost everyone still thinks of him as the "good" guy...
I think he gets a pass for a few reasons: (1) people tend to like the "jolly fat guy"; (2) he looks like an alter boy compared to his biggest rival, Jon Jones; and (3) he's a brown-nosing company man, so Dana never says anything negative about him.

Back