Did DC Convince Anyone In the Countdown?

Comparing Jones to Hendo and Barnett, lol.

DC is going to freeze or get finished.

Jones couldn't come close to taking Gus down until he was completely gassed in the fifth. The stand-up will be interesting, but wrestling wise, I think Cormier will tool Jones.

I keep getting this really strong feeling Jones is gonna knee, elbow and punch Cormier into a bloody mess in the first round and leave him on his knees grasping for referee legs.

yet the whole time I've thought Cormier would be "the one" to dethrone Jones (I'm a Jones nuthugger)

so goddamn excited for this fight :D

Comparing Jones to Hendo and Barnett, lol.

DC is going to freeze or get finished.

not comparing them, as much as I'm trying to point out how good DC's Wrestling is.

Jones could barely get Gus down.

Do you think DC could get Gus down? they don't really have a common opponent so it's impossible to compare, but based on what I've seen DC certainly has better Wrestling.

How many of jones opponents even try to take him down? Not shogun, Machida, Rampage, Glover, Gus (except that one time and it was probably to win the round more than it was a part of his strategy)

So I guess Just evans then, Who is clearly outmatched by Jones.

So, You can look into the examples given all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that jones Wrestling defense and bottom game are yet to be seen, and if anyone will expose it, It's going to be cormier.

not comparing them, as much as I'm trying to point out how good DC's Wrestling is.

Jones could barely get Gus down.

Do you think DC could get Gus down? they don't really have a common opponent so it's impossible to compare, but based on what I've seen DC certainly has better Wrestling.

How many of jones opponents even try to take him down? Not shogun, Machida, Rampage, Glover, Gus (except that one time and it was probably to win the round more than it was a part of his strategy)

So I guess Just evans then, Who is clearly outmatched by Jones.

So, You can look into the examples given all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that jones Wrestling defense and bottom game are yet to be seen, and if anyone will expose it, It's going to be cormier.

Jones has fought LHW's with DC's build and level of MMA. Jones never fought anybody with Gus' build and level of MMA. And believe it or not but Jones said he didn't take the Gus training camp serious.

I don't see Jones having a hard time with DC. Everybody's banking on DC to get inside and wrestle Jones. Jones is good at keeping the distance and setting up attacks on the inside and controlling clinches.

DC has yet to face anybody on Jones' MMA level which is GOAT status, elite of the elite.
Jones has faced people on DC's level but maybe not his wrestling level but people like to brag about Gus' wrestling against Jones' and Jones still won that. And that fight was mainly contested in the stand up.

I agree with you that DC can dominate in the wrestling department.

But I kind of wonder about DC's conditioning. Can he wrestle hard for 5 rounds? Not sure about that.

I think DC wins early then gasses and gets beat up on the feet but I do think he has a chance in this one.

He went 5 hard rounds vs barnett back in the days when he was eating popeye's all the time.

DC will win in dominant fashion.

He can't, that simple really. Unless he miraculously manages to flash KO Cormier in the first 30 s, he's going to get taken down. Gus took him down, Cormier most certainly will as well.

Didn't Gus take him down exactly 1x in a 25 minute fight? The only time ever that Jones has been taken down?

DC is obviously the best wrestler Jones has ever faced, but he's not working on title defense #8 because his TDD sucks.

The more I think about it, the more I think DC will have some success in the wrestling, but the reach of Jones will lead to him winning the majority of the fight via pitter patter strikes for UD

No !

And I think he is bit scared, I just see it in his eyes.

This will not help him against Jones at all.

Jones by submission, round 3.

lol "see it in his eyes"

another clich

iwrp4Ji9FJjeF.GIF

There's DC picking up a 250 pound heavyweight and tossing him around.

This is what it looks like when he's doing it to someone who weighs 205
bodyslam.gif

How can one think jones can prevent this? I don't care how good jones' take down defense is, If corimer gets a hold of him, Im confident he's going for a ride one way or another.

Silly comparison. Jones is neither named Barnett or Henderson

Black Fedor doesn't need to prove himself. Cormier showing up is all that is needed for the win.

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

iwrp4Ji9FJjeF.GIF

There's DC picking up a 250 pound heavyweight and tossing him around.

This is what it looks like when he's doing it to someone who weighs 205
bodyslam.gif

How can one think jones can prevent this? I don't care how good jones' take down defense is, If corimer gets a hold of him, Im confident he's going for a ride one way or another.

Jones doesn't shoulder roll or try to guillotine when he's near airborne.

Really amateurish things to do in a MMA fight with an Olympic wrestler. Does Cormier have the strength and wrestling ability to slam any LHW if he gets in a position like one of those two? Yes

Setting one up on Jones in particular is going to be a tall order.

Back