Did celebrating cost Anderson the Win?

JimtheJake

Undisputed Sh!t Post Champion 2016
@purple
Reaction score
Jut wondering what people think on this one.

Had Anderson not celebrated and just went back to his corner, would Herb have called it off as Michael couldn't stand?

I don't think it would have been "called off" per se.

I did think that Anderson shot himself in the foot, and lost himself the fight showboating though.

I am a fan of neither fighter. With that clearly stated, the time between the end of round three and the start of round four was WAY THE F more than 60 seconds.

Unlike the filthy team of Ghey Jesus that should have had him DQ'd, Bisping nor his corner had a damn thing to do with why he got a couple of minutes to recover rather than 60 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally think that Anderson has one of the lowest fight IQ's I have EVER witnessed, and have the greatest joy when the only thing that can beat his GOAT skills inside the Octagon is his own stupidity in there.

If he would have gone back to his corner starting the 60 second between round clocks, I think Bisping would have been ripe for the picking to start round 4.

No, Anderson tried celebrating to "cement" his win, as in "look i'm on the fence celebrating, i must have won!!!"

Anderson was trying the entire fight to end it in one blow like he was in a movie.

He got his one blow and thought he did enough. The way Bisping crumbled, it's hard to argue Anderson's reaction. He probably didn't think he had to follow up.

Bisping's head never touched the canvas and his hand was there immediately to protect his face, so no. It wouldn't

Jut wondering what people think on this one.

Had Anderson not celebrated and just went back to his corner, would Herb have called it off as Michael couldn't stand?
no because it was the end of the round, he had to stand up and he did. Anderson could be dancing the macarena would make no difference at all

I don't think Bisping would have been able to answer the bell.

I DO think this very question has been beaten to death since Saturday...

Yes. It was a great shot but it wasnt a walk off finish. Bisping dropped but did still cover his head and looked like he still sort of knew where he was. He wasnt KO'd. I think it only would have taken Silva to punch him a couple of times and it would have been over. But he didnt, and the rest is history now.

Bisping could stand. Right when the bell sounded Bisping immediately had words with Dean, so he was coherent. As soon as Dean turned away, Bisping got up to sit on the stool. He never seemed unfit to continue. He didnt lay there forever as some have claimed.

I don't think it would have been "called off" per se.

I did think that Anderson shot himself in the foot, and lost himself the fight showboating though.

I am a fan of neither fighter. With that clearly stated, the time between the end of round three and the start of round four was WAY THE F more than 60 seconds.

Unlike the filthy team of Ghey Jesus that should have had him DQ'd, Bisping nor his corner had a damn thing to do with why he got a couple of minutes to recover rather than 60 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally think that Anderson has one of the lowest fight IQ's I have EVER witnessed, and have the greatest joy when the only thing that can beat his GOAT skills inside the Octagon is his own stupidity in there.

If he would have gone back to his corner starting the 60 second between round clocks, I think Bisping would have been ripe for the picking to start round 4.

That makes sense. Anderson's celebration is probably the only reason Bisping could answer the bell. And then Anderson did nothing...

I think the "you must knock him the fuck out twice" standard is what cost him the win. I blame the UFC and their instant rematches. Now instead of needing to beat a guy twice running you have to beat him twice in the same fight.

So in that sense I applaud the efficiency of Herb Dean. Anderson won in the third, Bisping won on rounds, and we can advance straight to the rubber match.

Bisping could stand. Right when the bell sounded Bisping immediately had words with Dean, so he was coherent. As soon as Dean turned away, Bisping got up to sit on the stool. He never seemed unfit to continue. He didnt lay there forever as some have claimed.

Bisping laying there was not the issue. It took minutes to "pull" the Spider from his web atop the Octagon padding. Actually I don't think it mattered if Bis did lay there for ten minutes. Since it took that long to force his celebracy back into fight mode to get the fourth round underway, Bisping could have smoked a cigarette and gotten a doctor to stitch his facial wound in the interim and not be blamed!

I was joyous when I heard the decision, due to the amount of blood on Bis.

I think it didnt,but its possible it could have. Imagine if Herb hadnt had to act in haste. "bisping are you allright" "yeah mate" But then he struggles to get to his feet and his corner has to help him up...Herb mightve been inclined to call the ringside doctor to take a closer look. That is where Anderson played himself.

No. Leaning against the cage for 22 minutes of the fight cost him the W.

Nope, inactivity did, he could have won that fight easily if he'd have been more aggressive.

I bet Anderson relies on refs stopping fights from now on...

Back