Did celebrating cost Anderson the Win?

maybe Silva should be DQ'd for not answering the bell at 1 minute?

lol

No, but he should have been DQ'd for acting like a cat that was stuck up a tree swatting at the fireman attempting to get them down from there. I thought Spider was going to kick the crap out of the dude trying to convince him from dismounting the Octagon in the middle of the freakin' fight to continue!

Is that a combined resting time of Anderson "clowning"? Or what is that?

lol no. disgruntled Anderson fan making shit up.

Knee lands at 2:10:30, bell sounds at 2:10:31

hWyt4kJ.jpg

Bisping out of corner at 2:11:54 for a total time of 1:23 seconds from end of the 3rd round.

AEOnkdo.jpg

Round starts at 2:12:04 for a total time of 1:33 seconds from end of the 3rd round.

R6jMrc4.jpg

At most you could say bisping received an extra 33 seconds, but you could hardly say it was his fault that he received it.

I thought anderson was gonna kill him when they started the 4th.

Jut wondering what people think on this one.

Had Anderson not celebrated and just went back to his corner, would Herb have called it off as Michael couldn't stand?

No. The bell rang and the round was over a second after the knee landed. He didn't have time to follow up even if he didn't celebrate.

Getting rocked multiple times by Bisping, getting outstruck, and losing 3 rounds is what cost him the fight

I thought anderson was gonna kill him when they started the 4th.

Me too, but he seemed content to just wait around and allow Bisping to recover. I think he if he went hard at Bisping he could have got a knockout victory.

Anderson was trying the entire fight to end it in one blow like he was in a movie.

He got his one blow and thought he did enough. The way Bisping crumbled, it's hard to argue Anderson's reaction. He probably didn't think he had to follow up.

Anderson knows better. He is a vet and has been in a ton of fights.

Bisping was not out. He was hurt and rocked. The bell rang 1 second after the knee landed so Anderson tried to sell the finish.

Thanks for all the feedback sherbros.

I wondered what the general consensus was...

There isn't one.

Anderson had the time and position to follow up with a punch or two, but he wanted the walkoff KO. 1 second is plenty of time to hit a defenseless guy that you're standing above. It was really bizarre for him to celebrate and assume it was over just because he got a knockdown. At least see what the ref calls.

Bisping laying there was not the issue. It took minutes to "pull" the Spider from his web atop the Octagon padding. Actually I don't think it mattered if Bis did lay there for ten minutes. Since it took that long to force his celebracy back into fight mode to get the fourth round underway, Bisping could have smoked a cigarette and gotten a doctor to stitch his facial wound in the interim and not be blamed!

I was joyous when I heard the decision, due to the amount of blood on Bis.
Actually, they got about 70 seconds between rounds as opposed to the usual 60. So they only got an extra 10 seconds.

No.
Fighters celebrate regularly when they can clearly see their opponent doesn't require any further damage and they back off before the ref can intervene, and get commended for it.
The problem is in the rules. Referee stoppage "not intelligently defending them self". It's too open to opinion.

Jut wondering what people think on this one.

Had Anderson not celebrated and just went back to his corner, would Herb have called it off as Michael couldn't stand?

No.

Coasting when he wasn't even in the lead, is what cost him the fight.

That makes sense. Anderson's celebration is probably the only reason Bisping could answer the bell. And then Anderson did nothing...
Good point. it could have been Silvers cocky arrogance that just tipped herbs decision to allow the fight to continue.

Anderson has no faith in his chin, thus he was fighting much more passively than previous fights.

He simply can't risk taking shots like he used to. If he pulled the trig and rolled the dice on his chin he may of got the finish.

At this point I think he's fighting for cash, wins don't mean as much he hasn't really got anything left to prove (see fedor). Why risk brain trauma when he can fight on auto pilot and still look like a top 5 middleweight.

Maybe, we can't know for sure if Bisping would have been able to continue or not in a normal time frame cause Anderson was celebrating on the cage which made the time between rounds longer than normal. I do think the right guy won the fight though as Bisping won more rounds and was in control of the fight for longer and all the judges got the scores right.

Back