Did Cain Watch Jones-cormier Saying "HOLY SH*T"??

Training is one thing. Cain is a different animal when it comes to fighting in the cage.

Lol @ Cormier getting out classed. It was a close as fight until the gassing which means that skill wise they were even. Even then, I don't believe DC gassed, he was beaten up badly after the illegal eye gouge. That's what I would be worried about if I was a future Jones opponent. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter has never competed at anything. Even if the fighter who got gouged doesn't say anything about it its just to not look like he's making excuses but it does make a huge difference. Chuck used that technique to end fights as well.

Depends man. The large majority of sparring videos I've seen of Cormier and Cain, Cain always seems to have the upper hand. I think both of them are different aminals and Cain had largely proved it. Jones is the best fighter to currently fight in the UFC. The only fighter I put above him at the moment is GSP, but with future wins over Gus and Rumble, Jones will officially be N.1 GOAT.

With that said, this match-up entirely depends on when it takes place and what weight class. The sooner the better for Cain, the longer the better for Jones. Jones is entering his prime, in 3 years he will be at his best. In 3 years, I can only see Cain's abilities start to deteriorate with age.

Cain, on paper, is a bad match-up for Jones, but I thought the same about Cormier, so I'm a little lost here. I think it would be interesting to see how Jones would react to getting hurt by a HW like Cain. I can tell you that if Cain was healthy, beat Werdum and fought Jones, end of 2015, I would favor Cain. If we were to wait a couple years for this fight to happen, I would favor Jones.

Dude, I can imagine that Cain was watching that fight thinking how badly he would beat Jones up.

Lol @ Cormier getting out classed. It was a close as fight until the gassing which means that skill wise they were even. Even then, I don't believe DC gassed, he was beaten up badly after the illegal eye gouge. That's what I would be worried about if I was a future Jones opponent. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter has never competed at anything. Even if the fighter who got gouged doesn't say anything about it its just to not look like he's making excuses but it does make a huge difference. Chuck used that technique to end fights as well.

So what do you think made Daniel gass? Maybe it was his unability to use his "equal" skills and wrestle/punch Jones out?
The man has kicked a lot of ass, including some really big guys at HW, but lets face it; he is not as good as Jones and will never be.

[YT]dWOpu4hJK78[/YT]

I've always been kinda indifferent towards Cain but that, along with his stone cold rage reaction to the fight, might've just made me a fan

You make it seem like Jones dominated every single round, and almost finished him. Jones won 4 out of 5 rounds, all of which were somewhat competitive, but he didn't destroy DC.

1. It is entirely possible that Cormier pushing Velasquez to the edge has been overstated by their team.
2. If Cain's skills are even close to Cormier's (and in MMA, by all accounts, they're a fair bit better) his gas tank would have won him the fight against Jones even if all else failed.
3. I think he more likely felt bad for his friend, coach, and training partner than he lacked any confidence in himself.

I tend to believe this as well. I had not even though it possible but now I'm believing this as well. If Cormier posed so little threat, I doubt Cain would pose much more.

And until now Jones isn't even training full time! An off season training Jones beats the whole UFC as far as I can see.

With an asterisk beside Werdum's name. He might be the only guy who stands a good chance against a full time Jones.

Then again, he might not stand a chance. Submitting a guy who's concussing you with long elbows isn't a sure thing.
Damn bro why don't you just kiss jones ass while you're at it?

Cain is thinking "I wouldn't stop or slow down until Jones is broken".

I was asking everybody else. Sorry.

Depends man. The large majority of sparring videos I've seen of Cormier and Cain, Cain always seems to have the upper hand. I think both of them are different aminals and Cain had largely proved it. Jones is the best fighter to currently fight in the UFC. The only fighter I put above him at the moment is GSP, but with future wins over Gus and Rumble, Jones will officially be N.1 GOAT.

With that said, this match-up entirely depends on when it takes place and what weight class. The sooner the better for Cain, the longer the better for Jones. Jones is entering his prime, in 3 years he will be at his best. In 3 years, I can only see Cain's abilities start to deteriorate with age.

Cain, on paper, is a bad match-up for Jones, but I thought the same about Cormier, so I'm a little lost here. I think it would be interesting to see how Jones would react to getting hurt by a HW like Cain. I can tell you that if Cain was healthy, beat Werdum and fought Jones, end of 2015, I would favor Cain. If we were to wait a couple years for this fight to happen, I would favor Jones.

very smart post.

I think we have ONE answer, ie- how Jon would react to getting hurt by ANY monster. He'd steel up his determination. He popped his toe out of socket by sheer force and wanted to keep fighting.

I don't think we need to ask ANYTHING about his heart or lasting power anymore.

Dude, I can imagine that Cain was watching that fight thinking how badly he would beat Jones up.

That's not imagination but fantasy. Either on your part or Cain's.

It would be a tough match at best, but I doubt he'd beat Jones, certainly not badly.

No,he probably thought "If DC had my cardio, rounds 3,4 and 5 would have looked just like round 2."

........................"I'm going to fucking destroy this kid if he ever moves up."

You make it seem like Jones dominated every single round, and almost finished him. Jones won 4 out of 5 rounds, all of which were somewhat competitive, but he didn't destroy DC.

No but he beat him handily, which is all I said. I never said destroyed. It certainly wasn't a destruction but it wasn't close either. Daniel wasn't in the slightest danger of winning that fight.

DC was holding his own until he gassed hard.
Yeah, I am not seeing where he got his ass kicked. He def. got his wrestling nullified, but in the first half of the fight DC did great in the standup. Turning point was he let his ego get in the way(or didn't have the energy) and stopped striking and refused to do anything try takedowns. That's the point when jones had him.

Back