Did Cain Watch Jones-cormier Saying "HOLY SH*T"??

mudrubble

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Think about it. You're Cain velasquez. Baddest man on the planet in everyone's eyes. DC is second baddest, your biggest test. The guy who pushes you the most. You and he are widely considered the two toughest mofo's on the planet called Earth, especially in terms of pace and grind.

Then you watch your training partner, who gives you the toughest run for your money, who sometimes gets the upper hand on you..... you watch him get comfortably outclassed, out-grinded, outworked, out-wrestled, out-struck, and most importantly (to Daniel), out-thought ("I can't say enough about his mentality") by a guy who's gone on record as saying he thinks he can beat you as well.

If you're Cain in this hypothetical situation, is there not at least a bit of "HOLY FUCKING SHIT, this guy's outworking and out-grinding DANIEL!!!" going through your head? Is not your confidence that you can beat him not shook? Daniel's your toughest opponent but he's just another head to take for this guy who's lighter than you.

Was Cain watching this contest and thining "HOLY SHIT!" like I think he was? Nobody at AKA though Jon could outwork Daniel.

Not sure, but his look when the camera panned on him immediately after the final bell said it all. Looked like he had murderous thoughts swimming thru his mind.

Well he's not Dana so he might rephrase it a bit, but you get the point that Cain MUST be shook, seeing his toughest partner's ass handed to him so handily.

I think it's entirely probably that the HW champ is now more scared of the LHW champ than vice versa.

Has this ever been the case in UFC history?

sicknote velasquez aint beating jones

Yup. It must be scary realizing he's only the third baddest man in the arena, watching the number two beat up on your best friend whilst the number 1 is in the seat next to you.

EwtRzko.gif

There is a point where size or height can become too much of a discrepancy and fighters can no longer fight to their best ability I believe this is what happened with dc.

He didn't give his best performance because jones is too tall, he couldn't deal with the height difference.

Im not making excuses for Cormier that is just my honest opinion. Just as Fedor had nothing for Bigfoot because he gave up too much weight imo.

Cain doesn't give up so much height, I think he would be able to fight jones the same as he does everyone else.

Not sure, but his look when the camera panned on him immediately after the final bell said it all. Looked like he had murderous thoughts swimming thru his mind.

Probably was more disappointed in DC than impressed with Jones.

sicknote velasquez aint beating jones

I tend to believe this as well. I had not even though it possible but now I'm believing this as well. If Cormier posed so little threat, I doubt Cain would pose much more.

And until now Jones isn't even training full time! An off season training Jones beats the whole UFC as far as I can see.

With an asterisk beside Werdum's name. He might be the only guy who stands a good chance against a full time Jones.

Then again, he might not stand a chance. Submitting a guy who's concussing you with long elbows isn't a sure thing.

LOL

Jones vs Cormier is way closer than people think.

Jones was winning yes but Cormier pressuring Jones really showed he can be beat via pressure, which Cain excels at. Doing 2 takedowns that led to nothing, mostly only a "moral victory" rather than anything significant.

Well he's not Dana so he might rephrase it a bit, but you get the point that Cain MUST be shook, seeing his toughest partner's ass handed to him so handily.

I think it's entirely probably that the HW champ is now more scared of the LHW champ than vice versa.

Has this ever been the case in UFC history?

i don't know about shook. but i'm sure cain gained a lot of respect for bones' skills.

DC was holding his own until he gassed hard.

This is a repeated and flawed argument. DC "gassed" because his best effort was being continually thwarted. That's why he gassed. If you spend 15 minutes punching and trying to take down a brick wall, you will be pretty gassed too.

Cain would destroy Jones

Back