Opinion Did Bill Maher go to Far? Fat Shaming, and Obesity Crisis

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(Edit, there's a reason why I posted this in the War Room. due to the Health implications, health care, etc that is associated with obesity)

I've noticed two things that many Sherdoggers hate very much. One of them is "Fat people."

So Bill Maher is taking some heat for his recent "New Rules" on Obesity in America.

he stated that "Fat shaming needs to make a comeback" and that some shaming is good.

do you agree/disagree with this segment? why or why not?

and if anyone wants to share their personal struggles, or have friends and family struggling with this, please share.

all opinions welcome.

I think there should be more programming encouraging kids to get their faces out of their phones and video games and outside getting at least an hour of physical activity everyday

Having a population eating better and exercising more will do a lot for the much discussed healthcare industry as well. You’d be amazed at how many conditions can be alleviated or taken care of with a good diet and exercise. We don’t need to shame anyone about anything just educate them. Then if they still choose a sedative life style then it is what it is

There is nothing positive about being fat. It's unhealthy, unattractive and should certainly not be celebrated by these body-positive weirdos.

You know who celebrates obesity as being normal or healthy? Fat people.

Anti-PC has always been his shtick. Nothing new. He's not wrong though.

Working as an RN in a fucked up part of the country I've seen people with multiple co morbidities and organ failure in their 40s just from being fat and stupid. It's ridiculous

We should shame them just as we should shame the institutions that failed to provide them with proper education on nutrition, exercise, and access to reasonably priced healthy foods.

Nutritional guidelines haven’t done anyone any good for the last 50 years. Not to mention the government subsidized industries behind them.

Just don't promote it like it's healthy and sexy.

Fuck fat people. Now, excuse me while I fuck myself.

Since we're all on the hook for each others' healthcare, why shouldn't we all get to share our opinions? Folks seems to think it's ok to deride others for how they think, and that doesn't cost 'em a penny.

I grew up in the 80s when Arnold Schwarzenegger was the biggest star in the country. The president appointed him to push children to work out and get in good shape. That was a serious era.

And there's nothing wrong with telling people that being overweight causes health problems and is unsightly. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's in their best interests to get more healthy.

I think there should be more programming encouraging kids to get their faces out of their phones and video games and outside getting at least an hour of physical activity everyday

Having a population eating better and exercising more will do a lot for the much discussed healthcare industry as well. You’d be amazed at how many conditions can be alleviated or taken care of with a good diet and exercise. We don’t need to shame anyone about anything just educate them. Then if they still choose a sedative life style then it is what it is

It's safe to say we are already here. So yea....theres that many people who dont give a shit if they are fat.

(Edit, there's a reason why I posted this in the War Room. due to the Health implications, health care, etc that is associated with obesity)

I've noticed two things that many Sherdoggers hate very much. One of them is "Fat people."

So Bill Maher is taking some heat for his recent "New Rules" on Obesity in America.

he stated that "Fat shaming needs to make a comeback" and that some shaming is good.

do you agree/disagree with this segment? why or why not?

and if anyone wants to share their personal struggles, or have friends and family struggling with this, please share.

all opinions welcome.

People are allowed to make fun of me for being bald, something I have no control over. But we are supposed to walk on eggshells around lazy slobs. Dumb.

Being fat is nothing to be proud of. Neither taking all the air for yourself with your huge nose.

Last edited:
Back