Did Bethe Manage to Chael Sonnen Herself?

Nah because Chael almost won

Gus/Jones is more similar where a guy almost beat a dominant champ and then fought very little but kept his stock because of his loss

I liken Bethe to Sonnen more because although Sonnen performed much better, the whole PED thing blew up in his face and he was ridiculed for that and people largely dismissed his performance (although Anderson's own PED bust might change the narrative a bit).

Your revisionist history is what's pathetic. It was a stacked division.

At that time, it was. But lets not pretend they were solid competition and act as if these fighters were unbeatable.

facebook media made her butt of jokes,even ufc posted that little clay video of ronda koing her on fb.

Everything she does stinks of effort, which is a turn off.

The best part of all this was during the in cage staredown, there was a moment where it looked like she had an "oh shit" moment and realized what she had got herself into.

I don't know about that, but I know that Manuel Charr managed to Bethe Correia himself by getting faceplanted hard as fuck.

Last edited:
At that time, it was. But lets not pretend they were solid competition and act as if these fighters were unbeatable.

They were absolutely solid competition. I'm assuming you just started watching mma in the past few years.

They were absolutely solid competition. I'm assuming you just started watching mma in the past few years.

I don't think you understand what I am saying, at that time they were, but if them guys were here now, in their prime against these MW currently that are competing - Jacare/Rockhold/Weidman/Kennedy/Machida - they would get destroyed, even the SF version of some of these fighters would destroy Nate/Okami

At least Bethe didn't resort to cheating like Chael did..

I don't think you understand what I am saying, at that time they were, but if them guys were here now, in their prime against these MW currently that are competing - Jacare/Rockhold/Weidman/Kennedy/Machida - they would get destroyed, even the SF version of some of these fighters would destroy Nate/Okami

You realize Nate knocked out current top welterweight Woodley? Okami beat current top middleweight Lombard. At some point every fighter starts losing and looking bad, unless they retire in their prime. You're letting that bias get through to you.

Weidman, Jacare and Rockhold are all going to start losing and looking like crap if they stick around long enough. Seems to have already started for Machida. And I bet you are going to be here saying they weren't that good in the first place. You don't have the proper perspective.

Back