Did Ariel lie to Conor lol

Dana probably doesn't want Ariel around, and vice versa. Plus it is not exactly next door.

If I looked like Ariel and had an attractive wife I'd never leave too
ariel-helwani.jpg

He isn't going to Muslim countries, that's my take on it to be honest ...
He has been to Abu Dhabi land the UAE before. He Parents are from Lebanon and Egypt.
I don’t think he is scared to go to “Muslim country’s”

Clear lie.

Licks his lips, looks sheepish, quickly moves on from it

And who cares?
TS have no clue if he is lying or not. Zero.
In any scenario, is a no-news.
The whole thing with the Ariel hate down here is ridiculous.

First, Jews can go to any country, it’s trips to / from Israel which can be an issue for some countries.
Secondly, UAE normalized relations with Israel in 2020

I agree Jews are allowed to go most places but Israelis are not, there are many places where if you visited Israel you are banned

lol at Conor asking that question knowing Ariel is Jewish. Ariel is saying travel restrictions? so they don't allow Jews to go to UAE? Ariel is Lebanese but his family converted to Judaism many years ago.

Towards the end of the interview Conor questions why Ariel isnt there with them and covering the event directly.

Ariel starts talking about restrictions and that he wanted to go then quickly changes subject. Im not buying it. He hasnt wanted to cover an event in person because of the virus.

Didnt he mention on one of his podcast he hasnt left his house in months lol?

Happens around 34 minutes in

Yea I noticed that too, it was hilarious.

He was trying to put forward the hilarious notion that an Ariel-Conor interview is some sort of tradition (like it matters in the slightest which of these guys a fighter chooses to talk to). “I’ve been to all your fights, we always talk, it’s so great, we have a special relationship, I’d be there again except blah blah blah.”

Conor either smelled his bullshit or just happened to be in a good mood, so he addressed the alleged roadblock to Ariel making it over and forced Ariel into the awkward position of walking it back and admitting that flying across the world is a pain in the ass and he’s established enough as a pundit now not to have to do it. Naturally he just panic babbled a bit and changed the subject instead, but it was crystal clear what had happened. Ariel is a bit of a weasel.

I'd expect no less from Ariel than to quarantine for 10 months straight.

I missed it. What’s he lying about? He said he’s not there because of COVID. Isn’t that the case?

or just tell the truth like a real grown man

Yea we should all strive to do that. Jordan Peterson has some good thoughts on this topic.

I also think that this would be received differently if Conor had been the one to push for him to come out of the blue. Ariel was the one to bring this up. He wanted credit from Conor for being there from the beginning and going to all his fights, then completely unprompted tried to claim that he would have been at this fight too but for things outside his control. It’s one thing to lie when put on the spot. It’s another to lie for some sort of gain.

It wasn’t a huge deal but it was a weak move.

Back