Did anyone hear Matt Hughes on Ariels show? Terrible.

how do you manage to get hit by a train the safety gate was broken?

A lot of people taking shots at him in this thread. I watched the Fight Pass Show on his accident, and even his wife did not pull any punches about him before the accident. She said he was arrogant when he fought, and difficult to deal with. She said he was gone a lot, he was neglectful, and when he retired was searching for a new purpose. He was working for a farmer every day delivering diesel fuel driving from farm to farm. His relationship with his family appeared strained although his Kids that spoke seemed to have nothing but love and affection for him. His daughters were devastated at the thought of losing their Dad after the accident. They chronicled his long rehab process in recovery and coming back home.. He has a new outlook on everything now according to those that know him best. He is obviously still recovering and will likely always have limitations. I think everyone should have that chance for redemption and this appears to be his chance. I commend him in his continued fight.

Regardless of what one might have done when younger, I wish upon no one that they end with permanent brain trauma like this. Think about the tragedy this is for his family, his wife, etc. He basically is dependant on others now.

This affects more people than just Matt. To say "well he was asshole" is about as stupid a reaction as they come.

If you have Fight Pass watch the 25 years in Short Documentary on him and this accident. It was quite emotional.

If you have Fight Pass watch the 25 years in Short Documentary on him and this accident. It was quite emotional.

A lot of people taking shots at him in this thread. I watched the Fight Pass Show on his accident, and even his wife did not pull any punches about him before the accident. She said he was arrogant when he fought, and difficult to deal with. She said he was gone a lot, he was neglectful, and when he retired was searching for a new purpose. He was working for a farmer every day delivering diesel fuel driving from farm to farm. His relationship with his family appeared strained although his Kids that spoke seemed to have nothing but love and affection for him. His daughters were devastated at the thought of losing their Dad after the accident. They chronicled his long rehab process in recovery and coming back home.. He has a new outlook on everything now according to those that know him best. He is obviously still recovering and will likely always have limitations. I think everyone should have that chance for redemption and this appears to be his chance. I commend him in his continued fight.

I'll check it out. Great post btw.

I've disliked Hughes for over a decade, solely as a fan nothing personal, but after this ordeal he can say what he pleases. I'm not about the judge the guy after such a terrible accident and such a grueling recovery.

Hopefully he gets better and maybe we get him fighting Karo Parisyan like they were supposed to in UFC 56.

But right now he is not in a good shape and so I hope he keeps getting better to the point of full recovery.

damn reading about his past...........sounds like he needed this and karma got him pretty good, or bad. Ppl change all the time after life altering events

hope he has a healthy life for the rest of his days

Wait, I thought you weren't allowed to mock a guys religious beliefs?

Only if he’s Muslim.

Classic Matt Hughes. There’s literally a conductor driving the train. Does he really not realize that?

Matt was a dick a few years ago but this tragedy and getting old probably changed him as a person. People can change for better as well..... Hope he recovers fast.

Funny how people love to call matt hughes out for being a dick, but accept and embrace how guys like Conor mcgregor act.

how do you manage to get hit by a train the safety gate was broken?

You come to a crossing and a train is just feet down the track stopped and the barriers are down. After waiting ten minutes you say to yourself, "fuck this" and you drive around the gates. WhT you don't realize is coming from the other way, and your vision is blocked by the parked train, is another one barreling at 60 mph. You are now between the barriers and clinically fucked. This exact scenario happened to my brother and he lived to tell about it. Just got the back bumper clipped and it rolled him 5 times. Luckily he was drunk and for some reason, God let's drunks lives and just kills young mothers..... anyhow. Multiple track crossings can be deadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
You come to a crossing and a train is just feet down the track stopped and the barriers are down. After waiting ten minutes you say to yourself, "fuck this" and you drive around the gates. WhT you don't realize is coming from the other way, and your vision is blocked by the parked train, is another one barreling at 60 mph. You are now between the barriers and clinically fucked. This exact scenario happened to my brother and he lived to tell about it. Just got the back bumper clipped and it rolled him 5 times. Luckily he was drunk and for some reason, God let's drunks lives and just kills young mothers..... anyhow. Multiple track crossings can be deadly.

Hughes is a piece of a shit. Everything wrong with his self riteious act. Fuck him.

shit rly sad story

That's some out to lunch shit.

He thinks a God has it out for him.

He's been through alot, no offense to him, but that's ridiculous imo.

Funny how people love to call matt hughes out for being a dick, but accept and embrace how guys like Conor mcgregor act.

It isn't even close.

Matt was an outright mean person, and I am not talking call you names mean, but sadistic and evil.

I hope Matt turns a new leaf, starts over, and becomes someone he never thought he could be.

What sins make trains hit you?

Wondering what he thinks he did that was so bad
He use to beat up his father (I think his mother too, not sure tho) and torture little piglets for fun.

Back