Did anyone ever figure out why Yoel didn't use his wrestling against izzy?

have you watched a yoel romero fight? this guy almost never wrestles unless he has to

he backed up against costa and stuck his tongue out like a dog all fight and ate punches for two rounds
worst fight IQ in MMA history
Tend to agree with that. Like I said, he's a head case with all the skill in the world.

I mean Jan exposed izzy in the 4th n 5th in their fight and Yoel's wrestling is 2nd to none.
Man I look back at that Yoel could be champ right now

I think it's because he's fucking crazy
Yoel was never the wrestler who tried to hold you down. With age he lost some of the ability for his explosive takedowns as well.

have you watched a yoel romero fight? this guy almost never wrestles unless he has to

he backed up against costa and stuck his tongue out like a dog all fight and ate punches for two rounds
More like a low iq take.
He never experienced such pressure in his career and was clearly nervous to fight a beefcase like Costa. Clowning is a way to relax and get into the groove, not to mention a tactic to show you're fine to your opponent and the judges.

Lmao you're so wrong man

Yoel has an extremely high fight IQ, he has more high-level competition experience than anyone in MMA

He's very explosive and realized the only way he can go 5 rounds without gassing is to be very inactive and then explode a few times in the fight. This strategy almost beat Whittaker, Costa, Izzy, etc.

Wrestling isn't worth it for him, he'd risk gassing out, and most high-level guys are gonna be able to get back up

Lmao you're so wrong man

Yoel has an extremely high fight IQ, he has more high-level competition experience than anyone in MMA

He's very explosive and realized the only way he can go 5 rounds without gassing is to be very inactive and then explode a few times in the fight. This strategy almost beat Whittaker, Costa, Izzy, etc.

Wrestling isn't worth it for him, he'd risk gassing out, and most high-level guys are gonna be able to get back up

This guy knows what he is talking about
tenor.gif

I mean Jan exposed izzy in the 4th n 5th in their fight and Yoel's wrestling is 2nd to none.
Man I look back at that Yoel could be champ right now

I think it's because he's fucking crazy
Because yoel was terrified of izzy....

More like a low iq take.
He never experienced such pressure in his career and was clearly nervous to fight a beefcase like Costa. Clowning is a way to relax and get into the groove, not to mention a tactic to show you're fine to your opponent and the judges.

a low IQ conor casual detected
be a good girl and watch the kennedy, jacare, weidman, and cavalcante fights. be the good girl i know you can be and learn something before you type

Lmao you're so wrong man

so high IQ that's why he
never makes weight for championship fights
doesn't finish bobby knuckles when he has him hurt
gets wrecked by ricky martin bodybuilder types

legit lowest fight IQ until nathaniel diaz last night

PS i know you are a conor casual if you think romero almost beat adesanya

He has bad cardio and would rather try to goad Izzy into opening up. Izzy wasn't playing his game, and so it was an insanely boring fight.

Regardless of who anyone thought won, I think Izzy certainly deserved the win at the end of the night. It was a poor performance by both, but when you do what Romero did and literally stand still in the middle of the cage infront of your opponent (among other dumb things) you don't deserve to win the belt.

so high IQ that's why he

It seems that you are a little bit exaggerated, he didn't got wrecked by Costa and I don't think that Whittaker was close to be finished, he didn't make the weight in 1 interim title fight but he made it in the other fight, same with title fights and he was 41 years old when he didn't make the weight for the first time, before that he never missed the weight and yes, for me he almost beat Adesanya ( no idea how that is related with Conor, but, hey, everybody has crazy ideas in the head)

so high IQ that's why he

Yeah Yoel sucks and his career was a failure

It’s as easy to comprehend as why any other former great wrestler can’t impose that gameplan in there 40s for 5 rounds.

there bodies are shot and it too taxing on and old man to fight like that.

Back