Did anyone ever figure out why Yoel didn't use his wrestling against izzy?

Because Yoel's MMA wrestling is medicore, and Izzy's TDD is pretty good at MW.
There is nothing mediocre about yoels wrestling. I think he's just a head case. He barely even used it against izzy. Bizarre

It wastes alot of energy and Yoel cuts so much weight that he was in constant fear of gassing out. So he was always focused on conserving energy.

He should have gave LHW a chance, could have wrestled his way to the top of LHW

Because of his age and maybe lack of endurance training? If he'd had the wrestling stamina of a Gregor Gillespie maybe he would have used his wrestling. On the other hand, once he switched over to MMA in 2009 he never used his wrestling all that much as he discovered that his best take-downs were with his fists.

Yoel did use his wrestling but couldn't keep Izzy down.

Also, Yoel's already not so great cardio would be gone in a minute would he consistently wrestle.

Maybe injury or just stupidity. One of the few times he used it, against Machida, lead to some of the best ground and pound we've ever seen. That should have been his main gameplan every fight.

I mean Jan exposed izzy in the 4th n 5th in their fight and Yoel's wrestling is 2nd to none.
Man I look back at that Yoel could be champ right now

I think it's because he's fucking crazy
I don't think Yoel has even figured it out yet lol

Uses too much energy. Especially for an explosive fast twitch built guy like him. He’s not a grinder like Khabib.

I would be super intrigued to see Yoel vs Izzy with wrestling as part of Yoel’s game plan.

have you watched a yoel romero fight? this guy almost never wrestles unless he has to

he backed up against costa and stuck his tongue out like a dog all fight and ate punches for two rounds
worst fight IQ in MMA history

Back