• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did anyone else feel guilty on Thanksgiving?

So poor people don't work hard? A single mother with 2 kids who works 2 jobs who still can't afford a feast for her family.. doesn't work hard?

not my point at all. that simgle mom should have supports to achieve a better job if possible.

for example, the single mom used to be a staple at coffee shops and idners here but now it is almost all Filipini and other immigrants working there after their nanny gigjs.

times change

I just give thanks for everything I am grateful for and move on. I didn't pig out like you did though, I don't want to eat a feast, I just want a normal portion.

Having volunteered at homeless shelters on TG I say don't worry, there getting pretty great free meals on old gobble gobble day.

Are holidays not typically times charitable organizations go the extra mile to help as many destitutes as they can get a "feast" ?

It's the other days a year in which they dont have access to that and you are still dining on steak and scotch that you should feel bad about (if that is your inclination)

And, no, thankful for what i have but i dont let the plight of others stop me from enjoying the perks i have access to.

There are people starving at every hour of the day. If anything, Thanksgiving is the one day we pay attention to them and donate turkeys and food to the poor. They are better off on that day than any other.

Most people are lazy pieces of shit who don't want to lift a finger or spend a dollar to help other people. Don't feel guilty TS, do something to help people. Or just sit there and feel guilty, still more than most losers on this site.

how have I never seen you before up until recently? and you created your account in 2006.... quality poster

how have I never seen you before up until recently? and you created your account in 2006.... quality poster

I've been around bud. Seen a lot of things in my years, spread a lot of quality all over the sherdog.

So yesterday, I went to a Hotel buffet with the fam, and gorged on prime rib, turkey, sea bass, stuffing, pie, shrimp, sushi, ham, ice cream, crab legs, etc etc. And a thought occurred to me: there are homeless people out on the street right now that don't have anything to eat. While everyone in this restaurant is enjoying this pagan feast, some people are reduced to eating canned stringbeans.

Something is definitely wrong with the world. Anyone else feel guilty?

Discuss.
No i dont think like that, if your so heart broken about the situation than why dont you donate to the food bank or other charities. Feelings mean nothing without action

I feel guilty I'm not at standing Rock right now. I tell myself I'm too old, with too many responsibilities, to be traveling the cuntry fighting tyranny, but that's just an excuse and something else I'm ashamed of.

it blows my mind that white americans can still celebrate thanks giving guilt free knowing what their ancestors have done to the natives of the land they live in

It blows my mind that people feel guilty or are made to feel guilty for the transgressions of their ancestors.

It blows my mind that people feel guilty or are made to feel guilty for the transgressions of their ancestors.
If you are benefiting from genocide and enslavement of millions then you should feel guilty. doesn't matter how long ago it took place, its the same as accessory to murder.

If you are benefiting from genocide and enslavement of millions then you should feel guilty. doesn't matter how long ago it took place, its the same as accessory to murder.
Ohhhh boy.....

Perhaps you should give thanks and appreciate what you have.

You have the opportunity to have a nice meal with family.

Not everyone has that opportunity, so it's worth appreciating.

Last edited:
The only thing I feel guilty about is wanting to order a Pizza when I have a fridge full of leftovers. I have already ate Thanksgiving swag 3 times now.

The most fucked up thing is the UK still having a Royal Family.

It's something that should remain in the dark ages. Some random family getting everyones money, for no other reason than they originate from a respected family centuries ago.

I read a few days ago that the UK public are giving them $490 million so they can decorate their palace - that is sickening. That money could make a real difference to the millions of families struggling in the UK, yet it's going to the Windsor family.

So poor people don't work hard? A single mother with 2 kids who works 2 jobs who still can't afford a feast for her family.. doesn't work hard?

lol, please list this magical woman who works two jobs and cannot afford to feed herself yet is still alive
Please tell me you dropped out of elementary school

Back