Did anyone actually become a Jones fan after last Sat?

I've been a huge Jones fan since he smashed Hammil. But wonder if anyone turned around to him after this fight.

The perceived notion was Jones was some super talented fighter who use his size advantage and natural talent to win

Last Saturday, he went to WAR. A lot of wrestlers would have mentally died a little when being stuffed as effortlessly as we was against a high level striker. Jones along with Gus shown as much heart as we've ever seen in MMA.

So anyone become a fan as a result of his warrior spirit?

All this fight did was validate/confirm this opinion. He fought someone his own size, was bloodied and taken down, and eventually won a controversial decision.

I was a Bones fan already but after Saturday night he's in my top 5 for sure now. Warrior

All this fight did was validate/confirm this opinion. He fought someone his own size, was bloodied and taken down, and eventually won a controversial decision.

It was a great battle. Gus is a warrior, no need to discredit Jones because it was his first competitive fight since winning the title. And the decision was close yet unanimous, not controversial IMO

I was already a fan, but I gained a new respect for him. Both Jon and Gus are warriors.

I was rooting for Gustaffson I've been following him ever since he beat the crap out of one of my fav. fighters (Thiago Silva). I was a Jones fan before just watching the spinning elbows and what he did to Stephan Bonnar and Hammil.

I was pretty torn but gained more respect than I already had for Jones .

i like both guys a lot more now. was already a fan though

I was a huge fan of Jones after his fight against Bonnar, but then after I heard him speak in interviews I really started to hate him. I love the way he fights though. I'm so conflicted. Maybe I should just stop listening to interviews and judge fighters solely on what they do in the cage.

omg he was taken down! he sucks! lol, taken down!

.. Maybe I should just stop listening to interviews and judge fighters solely on what they do in the cage.

This is what you've got to do. The guy is amazing. I feel like the stuff he says is true, but he has no filter so it comes across as c0cky. He has a strategical reason for every
thing he does in a fight, constantly game planning.

I give Jones lots of respect after this fight. He could have quit/folded under that pressure. I was in awe at his killer instinct in late round4. Though this fight did prove to me that his size advantage did win him most fights. I also learned he has good cardio which I thought was his weakest link.

Gus was rugged with tons of heart and cardio. I'm not sure he wins the rematch. He'd have to finish and come forward.

I've been liking Jones more and more as an individual. He loves to fight. He's got heart. All the stuff i like to see.

Having said that i still think he slipped a bit in P4P rankings. He went from mythical and untouchable to phenomenal but human. After his last fights he was really looking like he could go undefeated for a years.

He beat Gus, a large LHW at his own game and you criticize him?

He started to win me over with the Belfort and Sonnen fights. I found myself cheering for him saturday and wasn't expecting too.

Not so much a fan, just gained a lot of respect. Showed he was willing to go out there and fight for it when he's not just rag dolling. Huge amount of respect gained for Both fighters.

I've been a huge Jones fan since he smashed Hammil. But wonder if anyone turned around to him after this fight.

The perceived notion was Jones was some super talented fighter who use his size advantage and natural talent to win

Last Saturday, he went to WAR. A lot of wrestlers would have mentally died a little when being stuffed as effortlessly as we was against a high level striker. Jones along with Gus shown as much heart as we've ever seen in MMA.

So anyone become a fan as a result of his warrior spirit?

I definitely gained more respect for him after the fight.
Even if I thought he lost, he did prove he has tremendous heart, and is willing to die inside the octagon before giving up his belt. a quality I wish more fighters would have!

because it is easy to dominate.
The hard part is to persevere when you are losing. And that, he did!

I definitely gained more respect for him after the fight.
Even if I thought he lost, he did prove he has tremendous heart, and is willing to die inside the octagon before giving up his belt. a quality I wish more fighters would have!

because it is easy to dominate.
The hard part is to persevere when you are losing. And that, he did!

Yep. I like him even more now.

How can anyone not like the two fighters after a war like that. Well how could anyone besides blind haters

I actually found myself liking both fighters a bit, after the fight.

Wasn't really a fan of either, before the fight began. Didn't care who won the fight, either.

Both guys are warriors and deserve a lot of respect. They went out there and put on a show. Both guys looked like champions, to me.

How can you not be a fan of Jones as a fighter? I may not like his personality but he's a great fighter.

Back