Did anyone actually become a Jones fan after last Sat?

RodrigoAldo**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been a huge Jones fan since he smashed Hammil. But wonder if anyone turned around to him after this fight.

The perceived notion was Jones was some super talented fighter who use his size advantage and natural talent to win

Last Saturday, he went to WAR. A lot of wrestlers would have mentally died a little when being stuffed as effortlessly as we was against a high level striker. Jones along with Gus shown as much heart as we've ever seen in MMA.

So anyone become a fan as a result of his warrior spirit?

I was impressed.

On one or two occasions, Jones looked like he wanted to quit or like he was becoming disheartened... But he just kept on moving forward.

Impressed with Gus too. The guy was dead tired at some point. You could see him trying to move on sheer willpower when his body just wanted to pack it up and go home.

Both guys went way up in my estimation. Jones is the LHW GOAT, and frankly AG doesn't look that far behind. Who besides Jones can beat that guy?

Yep. Jones cemented his place as a legend in my own personal book, and Gus cemented his legacy as a tough mother fucker. I think when Shogun finally hangs em up, Gus will take over as my new LHW crush.

I like both guys more after this fight.

To be fair, I was a Jones fan already.

Yes. I was a big anti-Jones guy but he showed alot of balls in that fight even though I think he lost.

Yep, and I think he won. Did a 180. I liked him on the Ultimate Fighter, but then he kind of douched it up after the show in some interviews leading to the Chael fight (the infamous silent treatment), and now I love him.

I've been a huge Jones fan since he smashed Hammil. But wonder if anyone turned around to him after this fight.

The perceived notion was Jones was some super talented fighter who use his size advantage and natural talent to win

Last Saturday, he went to WAR. A lot of wrestlers would have mentally died a little when being stuffed as effortlessly as we was against a high level striker. Jones along with Gus shown as much heart as we've ever seen in MMA.

So anyone become a fan as a result of his warrior spirit?

I didn't become a fan but he became more likeable after the fight, his post fight interview helped him as well.

I wouldn't say I became a fan, but I definitely am sick of the idiots blindly hating on him and plain out right making up shit to comfort the butt hurt they felt from him not losing.

I like him less now. Not because of Gus .
But because he was supposed to have raw natural talent of strikes, and phenom level wrestling.

A lot of people's suspicions were right when he got stuffed over and over and got outclassed on the feet . The suspect that he is just lucky enough to not have an opponent his size yet.

And boy were we right.

After a fight like that, I can see them both earning a lot of new fans. Who, as a fan of MMA, wouldn't want to watch either of those guys fight? I'd really like to see a rematch between those two guys. Just not an immediate one. At least one tune-up fight between for each guy. I think that PPV would sell in higher numbers than 165 did.

Jones silenced a lot of critics about his heart and his chin. No matter what backhanded compliments he receives or lack of credit everyone now knows you are going to actually have to TAKE the belt from him. He is not going to give it to you without a war.

I've never been a Jones fan, but I don't think you can call yourself a true MMA fan if you're not fans of both guys after that amazing fight.

gained more respect for him, but wouldn't say that I became a bigger fan.

Yes I became a fan again, upto the Shogun fight I was a major supporter of him then after that it was all downhill. But his fight on the weekend and his post fight interview made me a fan again. His post fight interview seemed but human perhaps he was humbled, but he seemed honest and I appreciated that. So war Jones and Gus the fight could of gone either way it was a great fighter and both deserve respect I cannot wait for the rematch.

Been a fan if Jones as a fighter. Not so much as a person. But AG is now the man in my book and 2nd in ranking at lhw only cause he aint win the fight.

I became a Gus fan. That's for sure.

I was a big Jones fan when he 1st came to the ufc. Then I started watching his interviews & around the time he won the Belt he lost me as he came off like a douch bag nark. But as a fighter I`ve always enjoyed watching him, but after Saturday I gained much more respect for him because I wasn`t sure if he had the heart to get though a tuff fight. Big props to Jones for hanging in there & liking like the champion I thought he could be a few yrs ago.

Back