Did Anderson go for that knee out of desperation?

D3thr0n3d K1ng

I do not wish to create joinder with you!!!!
@Steel
Reaction score
Bisping had already pointed to his mouthpiece earlier both Herb and Andy ignored it, then later after Silva backs off he points again to it and starts talking to Herb. Obviously Anderson saw this, yet he still chose to launch a double flying knee at Bisping when he was distracted.

Did he do this out of desperation because up until that point in the fight he was losing? Seems to me he could have allowed Mike to grab his mouthpiece and then resumed the attack.

Are you legitimately trying to argue Bisping should've been allowed to call a timeout when getting pressured?

Way she goes. He still lost so it's all good.

Are you legitimately trying to argue Bisping should've been allowed to call a timeout when getting pressured?

No, but perhaps Herb could have allowed him to get his mouthpiece since weve seen a similar precedent in other fights?

No, but perhaps Herb could have allowed him to get his mouthpiece since weve seen a similar precedent in other fights?

Except there wasn't a definitive break in action for Herb to stop it. Defend yourself at all times. Bisping himself acknowledged the stupid rookie mistake.

Except there wasn't a definitive break in action for Herb to stop it. Defend yourself at all times. Bisping himself acknowledged the stupid rookie mistake.

He pointed at it once and everyone saw it, then after a flurry, Silva backed up and gave him space which is why he pointed it out again. Silva could have easily laid back and let him get the mouthpiece, instead, he went for a double jumping knee when Bisping was looking at Herb.

I place more blame on Herb, but it seemed to me Anderson could have let him get it back then continue his assault.

Does this really need to be explained? Fighters don't referee the fights. The onus was on Herb. Anderson had no obligation to grant Bisping his timeout. Bisping knows that and stupidly paid for it.

Anderson baited, and Micheal took the bait. It was almost the end of the round and Herb wasn't going to call a stop to it being that close(seconds). So when he pulled back Mike made a motion and Silva went for it. Herb calling for the break was after Silva had already started the movement. It was strategic, it just didn't work out for him.

Bisping had already pointed to his mouthpiece earlier both Herb and Andy ignored it, then later after Silva backs off he points again to it and starts talking to Herb. Obviously Anderson saw this, yet he still chose to launch a double flying knee at Bisping when he was distracted.

Did he do this out of desperation because up until that point in the fight he was losing? Seems to me he could have allowed Mike to grab his mouthpiece and then resumed the attack.

Absolutely. It was a cheap shot from a desperate man. Juiceless Silva is a shell of his former self.

I'm just glad Bisquick was able to survive the knee and the judges then got the scores right. Silva should skulk away into retirement, exit the game, and leave the fighting to honorable men.

Yes.. Yes he is. Some how Anderson cheated when Bisping dropped his guard and got blasted in face with a knee. A lot of delusional people around here.

Anderson baited, and Micheal took the bait. It was almost the end of the round and Herb wasn't going to call a stop to it being that close(seconds). So when he pulled back Mike made a motion and Silva went for it. Herb calling for the break was after Silva had already started the movement. It was strategic, it just didn't work out for him.

Interesting take if thats what Silvas intention really was.

Maybe Bisping should have just kept his hands up.

Absolutely. It was a cheap shot from a desperate man. Juiceless Silva is a shell of his former self.

I'm just glad Bisquick was able to survive the knee and the judges then got the scores right. Silva should skulk away into retirement, exit the game, and leave the fighting to honorable men.

lol @Bisquick

Interesting take if thats what Silvas intention really was.
He's crafty man. I've seen him do some really smart shit. He knew Mike was worried about that mouth piece and worked him.

Yes.. Yes he is. Some how Anderson cheated when Bisping dropped his guard and got blasted in face with a knee. A lot of delusional people around here.

Why did Bisping drop his guard? Because he was tired or because he lost his mouthpiece?

You want me to speculate as to why Bisping pulled a bonehead move? I cannot tell you, I do know that it's a fight and in a fight you don't let your guard down. The ref stops the fight, everyone knows this, and Michael admitted that it was an amateur move in the presser.

The ref is telling you to fight and you don't, maybe at that moment Bisping wanted an out, that's all I can think of since you want my opinion on the matter.

You want me to speculate as to why Bisping pulled a bonehead move? I cannot tell you, I do know that it's a fight and in a fight you don't let your guard down. The ref stops the fight, everyone knows this, and Michael admitted that it was an amateur move in the presser.

The ref is telling you to fight and you don't, maybe at that moment Bisping wanted an out, that's all I can think of since you want my opinion on the matter.

So Bisping comes back from that devastating knee and endures a vicious front kick to the face and doesnt drop, and keeps fighting and being aggressive to the end of the fight and youre saying he wanted an out?

Also, Silva threw the knee AFTER Dean called "STOP"

Back