Diaz or Pettis?

A healthy amount of aggression will do the trick for Nate since either standing or on the ground he should have the upper hand. I'll be surprised if Pettis doesn't go for a point-gathering session which is why Nate will need to be in his face non-stop.
I say Nate wins. It will be tricky but I think he got this.

Am I the only person who thinks that Diaz’ 3 year layoff will actually help extend his career? I think we’ll get a Diaz similar to the one that faced Michael Johnson
I kinda have the same feeling but we'll see at fight night. It sure is possible though. Some times a break from something is refreshing.

Nate Diaz has the chin, the pressure and cardio to beat Pettis. You don't just walk through the Diaz bros without willing to mix your ground game/striking up.

Nate gave Conor everything he could handle. A guy who was in his prime and was a champion. Personally I think Conor had/has better head movement and combos than Pettis.

I know Pettis was successful in the Wonderboy fight by playing possum defensively but that's a recipe for disaster if he fights Diaz like that. Pettis has to bring the fight to Diaz. He has to throw Diaz off his rhythm. To beat Diaz to the punch. With that being said, I think Pettis on the offense from the outside is a dangerous man.

Last edited:
Diaz is not a wrestler so Im pretty confident Pettis will get W.
Pettis is faster and he's excellent kicker. Even McGregor was able to destroy Diaz leg, Pettis is much better kicker than Conor. Do you remember Diaz vs Thomson? Thomson used kicks to destroy Nate and he finished him by head kick. Pettis head kicks are probably the best in the business. 3 round fight is better for Showtime as well.
Diaz have a good chance cause of his size, boxing, being southpaw, pressure, great cardio etc but I think Pettis is the favourite cause kicks, great movement, speed and he's not afraid of ground game with nobody. Pettis by decision.

CFEC52F4-EFDC-4F90-B71C-BC07017C0224.jpeg I’ve got Pettis. Real question is, will Diaz try to finger him to get Pettis all worked up & his mind off the fight?

Nate Diaz has the chin, the pressure and cardio to beat Pettis. You don't just walk through the Diaz bros without willing to mix your ground game/striking up.

Nate gave Conor everything he could handle. A guy who was in his prime and was a champion. Personally I think Conor had/has better head movement and combos than Pettis.

I know Pettis was successful in the Wonderboy fight by playing possum defensively but that's a recipe for disaster if he fights Diaz. Pettis has to bring the fight to Diaz. He has to throw Diaz off his rhythm. To beat Diaz to the punch. With that being said, I think Pettis on the offense from the outside is a dangerous man.
I agree with some things but Pettis bringing it to Nate won't help him IMO. In a battle of grit, Nate will win. I'd love to see such a fight though so I hope it happens.

Diaz is not a wrestler so Im pretty confident Pettis will get W.
Pettis is faster and he's excellent kicker. Even McGregor was able to destroy Diaz leg, Pettis is much better kicker than Conor. Do you remember Diaz vs Thomson? Thomson used kicks to destroy Nate and he finished him by head kick. Pettis head kicks are probably the best in the business. 3 round fight is better for Showtime as well.
Diaz have a good chance cause of his size, boxing, being southpaw, pressure, great cardio etc but I think Pettis is the favourite cause kicks, great movement, speed and he's not afraid of ground game with nobody. Pettis by decision.
I have Nate winning but that's a good post.

I agree with some things but Pettis bringing it to Nate won't help him IMO. In a battle of grit, Nate will win. I'd love to see such a fight though so I hope it happens.

What do you believe Pettis's best options are? The Diaz brother style thrives around getting into their rhythm where they throw volume of punches. This pressure adds up as most opponents have a problem keeping up with it over time. Conor did a great job with beating Nate to the punch in their second fight, but he barely won that fight. There were a couple of times where Conor almost succumbed to Nate's onslaught of punches.

You simply can't let the Diaz bros lead and then tee off on you. You have to lead the dance.

Pettis wins with the right gameplan (leg kicks). Pettis seems to try to find ways out if he starts taking damage though. It's a toss up.

What do you believe Pettis's best options are? The Diaz brother style thrives around getting into their rhythm where they throw volume of punches. This pressure adds up as most opponents have a problem keeping up with it over time. Conor did a great job with beating Nate to the punch in their second fight, but he barely won that fight. There were a couple of times where Conor almost succumbed to Nate's onslaught of punches.

You simply can't let the Diaz bros lead and then tee off on you. You have to lead the dance.
Definitely, he'll just have to be methodical and snipe from afar. Head kicks like we all say, very short combos etc. Those things as long as he wants to really fight, otherwise kicks from afar and a lot of lateral movement.

I honestly think Nate is gonna pressure Pettis and get a win. Pettis seems to wilt when things don't go his way. Nate isn't gonna stand there and trade kicks, he's gonna be pushing forward slapping and punching him.

Truth is, I like both fighters and consider myself to be a bigger fan of Nate than Pettis, however I don't want Nate to win. Pettis at 170 is interesting and he fights more often than Nate. Nate hasn't fought for nearly 3 years and he's a huge diva, he could beat Pettis then go on a strop again when Dana says no to a TS or a Conor rematch. Why let Nate kill off a potential contender at 170 and then disappear again? I think Nate wins but i'd be fine with Pettis winning the fight.

Also I realise it might sound laughable at Pettis as a contender but he's the first guy to ko Wonderboy which is something

Conor is/ was a much tougher fight for Nate than Pettis

The biggest hole in Pettis's striking game is his boxing, which is rudimentary at best. He also doesn't respond very well to pressure.

Nate will also have a sizable weight advantage along with height and reach.

Could Pettis play a calculated kicking game throughout 5 rounds and win? Maybe, but I don't see him keeping Nate off him.

Not a great stylistic fight for pettis

Pettis just seems to not do well in long fights.

Even against Bendo in WEC a decade ago, he really wasent a clear winner. That Snowtime kick was incredible but that fight was close as hell.

His success in the ufc comes from finishes in the first 2 rounds. In fights where he cant get that, he doesnt do well

Diaz has been finished in under 3 rounds.. what like twice ever? Keep in mind hes got more ufc fights than anyone. Smart money is on Nate

I wasn’t aware it was a handicap match TS. The Diaz brothers? Are they facing the Pettis bros? Seems a bit of a mismatch considering lil Pettis is a 135 fighter.

You’re a typical Diaz fan.

Show up after the fight.

Back