Diaz or Pettis?

A turned on Diaz can take this... Anthony is certainly a show-stopper, this fight at 170 allows Nate to be his normal size. He's been off now for years but stayed in great shape without cutting.

I don't think ring-rust is a thing for the Diaz bro's, they literally don't take time off from training. I'm pumped for this, pulling for Nate cause of the drama it would bring to the sport again.

View attachment 588019
View attachment 588021
View attachment 588023
View attachment 588025
View attachment 588027
View attachment 588029

A. Nate moved up in weight and fought monsters like serial killer Rory MacDonald and prime Benson Henderson. Way tougher competition than most of current top tens padded records.

B. Nates record is totally misleading as he never cherry picked his opponents nor was he gifted favorable matchups throughout his career unlike most other current highly ranked opponents.

C. Nate could easily have been champion if he pulled back and played it safe like most of these guys.

D. Petitis isnt the same level of fighter but he is a lot more calculated. He will have game plan. Nate will just bring it and wont back down no matter what....even if he is losing.

Which is why Nate Diaz has so many true fans. He is the real deal.

Is Nate your hero because you're both a little bit retarded?

Nate has good boxing, but I believe Pettis wins by UD
- ring rust for Nate
- Pettis KOed Wonderboy
- Nate has a worse history of losing
- Pettis faced better competition
1-Don't think ring rust applies for gangsters... And Nate never stops training, no loss in condition, strength, coordination (overlooked)
2-True, Pettis was taking a beating but he did pull of a spectacular knockout
3-Petti's losses are much worse. Nate's been stopped once, Pettis gets broken on several occasions
4-They've both fought some incredible talent. Pettis has been more active & though he fought some tougher guys, he looked real bad in some of those

The only way I see Pettis winning is via leg kicks.

This was his gameplan against Tony but he stopped throwing them when Tony turned the pressure up in round one.

I honestly don't think this will be as much of a war as people are hoping for. Nate will make Pettis look like the rusty fighter.

My heart says Diaz but my brain says Pettis.

Man - this is actually a GREAT fight .I'm not going to get caught up in Anthony s win agsinst WB. Rufus kept on talking about how " styles make fights" in this particular fight and in the end he was proven right even though before surprise kO, it wasnt exactly heading that way so I chalk it up to its mma and shit happens. We also might MIGHT see a decline in WB just like we've seen with so many fighters in his current position. It happened to Pettis as he went through a bad stretch.

I dont know if a line has been put out yet but I'm assuming Nate will come in shape and I see a coin flip fight. Either fighter could be a slight favorite or even a dead pk'em.

I'm going to wait and see what the so called experts pick and especially who the fighters pick. Usually when you have a close to the line (odds) fight, for some reason- everyone sides one way...... and ,lol, their USUALLY wrong so I'll just wager the other way.

What Nate Diaz? The half asser that shows up overweight to collect checks or the savage killer that smoked Cerrone, Prime MJ and Conor? It's a tale of two cities with Diaz. In a five round fight at 170, if he is motivated, I have a hard time seeing Pettis getting the job done against Diaz, who is like Holloway but bigger and better.

Diaz bros can't deal with mobile kickers. Pettis is one of the most mobile kickers out there. Leg kick, move, body kick, move, repeat.

The Diaz bros are some of the most easily gameplannable fighters out there. The book is out on them. Just dont stand in front of them and let them tee off and you're fine because they're absurdly hittable, don't cut the ring, and don't check kicks.

1-Don't think ring rust applies for gangsters... And Nate never stops training, no loss in condition, strength, coordination (overlooked)
2-True, Pettis was taking a beating but he did pull of a spectacular knockout
3-Petti's losses are much worse. Nate's been stopped once, Pettis gets broken on several occasions
4-They've both fought some incredible talent. Pettis has been more active & though he fought some tougher guys, he looked real bad in some of those

1. We will see, I hope you are right.
3. His last 3 losses were bad, I agree. But he had a killer row. He lost to Eddie, RDA, Max, Poirier, Tony... all champions. And Barboza, who is top on the feet.
4. Agree, but Nate also looked bad vs RDA, Rory and Thompson.

A. Nate moved up in weight and fought monsters like serial killer Rory MacDonald and prime Benson Henderson. Way tougher competition than most of current top tens padded records.

B. Nates record is totally misleading as he never cherry picked his opponents nor was he gifted favorable matchups throughout his career unlike most other current highly ranked opponents.

C. Nate could easily have been champion if he pulled back and played it safe like most of these guys.

D. Petitis isnt the same level of fighter but he is a lot more calculated. He will have game plan. Nate will just bring it and wont back down no matter what....even if he is losing.

Which is why Nate Diaz has so many true fans. He is the real deal.

A. The Benson fight was at LW. Both Pettis and Nate had top competition.

B. I agree.

C. If, but he didn't play safe. He doesn't have the best fight IQ, very vulnerable to leg kicks and can easily be wrestled by the top wrestlers at LW and WW. And he decided to fight at WW, nobody pushed him.

D. I agree.

Very conflicted on this one. The big question is how will Diaz look after not fighting since 2016?

It depends how Pettis is going to fight him. If he stands and trades then Pettis loses. Pettis has a good chance of winning if he plays a smart kicking game in a 5 round fight.
Nate is a pressure fighter but he is slow with plodding footwork.

It's a 3 round fight which is better for Pettis imo

Depends how effective Pettis can be with his leg kicks and avoiding pressure. Or Nate doesn't give a shit and is just showing up for a paycheck.
It’s possible. IMO, that’s what Nick did in his last few fights fights.

Am I the only person who thinks that Diaz’ 3 year layoff will actually help extend his career? I think we’ll get a Diaz similar to the one that faced Michael Johnson

You should know MMA math does not work. And especially in this situation

Benson Henderson out wrestled Diaz and pushed him against the cage. Pettis NEVER does that to his opponents. He always wants to keep the fight standing

Nate lost the striking to Bendo. He was pretty much outclassed anywhere the fight went.

You should know MMA math does not work. And especially in this situation

Benson Henderson out wrestled Diaz and pushed him against the cage. Pettis NEVER does that to his opponents. He always wants to keep the fight standing
Yeah i guess i worded it wrong. I was basically just trying to say Pettis is just the better fighter.

He's fought better fighters and beaten them and Nate doesn't have the type of offense to stiffle Pettis. Pettis is going to have a space to unleash his wheelhouse.

Cheering for Nate, but I think Pettis’ speed is the difference here, whether standing or on the ground.

Either way, it'll be a badass fight. But I'm picking nate by decision. I don't see pettis backing down from a toe to toe fight which he'll have to do to beat nate.

Nate's going to come out and "surprise" all these shertards who are still salty that he fucked up their idol, god, mentor, on 11 days notice.

Nate literally has no other obligations or commitments in life. He's been in the gym/on a bike everyday for the last 3 years. This layoff has been good for him

Back