Diaz Lawler 2 IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS IN YEARS

Don't bring facts into this thread asshole.

There's other good facts like i'm promising you this will be a legendary battle. I know these fighters. They are old school as fuck.
I never said it would NOT be a great fight, asshole.
-- get your fucking facts right before launching into your petty insults.

Delusional. It’s a garbage fight that means nothing.

You can say you’re personally excited for it. But, to literally call it..

ONE OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS IN YEARS, is pure nonsense. Get real.

Delusional. It’s a garbage fight that means nothing.

You can say you’re personally excited for it. But, to literally call it..

ONE OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS IN YEARS, is pure nonsense. Get real.

Means nothing to you. because you're not smart enough to understand greatness.

I'll tell you assholes why. And how this is also a sort of end to an era. (and yes I wanted this fight like 7 years ago)

This is the fight that if it never happens then life isn't complete as a mma fan.

I watched every one of these LEGENDS fight live in every one of their fights since they were both like 19. Fuckin old school style fighters. I stayed up to watch Diaz fight Sakurai in Japan at like 6AM.

Nick Diaz is a complete boxer. I'm not saying best ever. Extremely good hands is fair to say. He can attack and he can counter extremely well. Provokes emotion from opponents.

Lawler is a counter puncher. Fucking strong and scary. Emotional. He's had a good amount of time off to relax. He knows what he's up against.

I think a 5 rounder is unlikely between these 2. and that it could be an extremely highly skilled legendary fight. I think Lawler will get hit and NOT LIKE IT.

I think 1 round.
Its a great nostalgic fight, nothing more really. Respect to two legends in their own rights, not much more of a fitting match up for either at this point

Its a great nostalgic fight, nothing more really. Respect to two legends in their own rights, not much more of a fitting match up for either at this point

Fitting for fuckin what. Some arbitrary ranking system?

Fights a fight. Styles make fights. This will be a good one.

I'll tell you assholes why. And how this is also a sort of end to an era. (and yes I wanted this fight like 7 years ago)

This is the fight that if it never happens then life isn't complete as a mma fan.

I watched every one of these LEGENDS fight live in every one of their fights since they were both like 19. Fuckin old school style fighters. I stayed up to watch Diaz fight Sakurai in Japan at like 6AM.

Nick Diaz is a complete boxer. I'm not saying best ever. Extremely good hands is fair to say. He can attack and he can counter extremely well. Provokes emotion from opponents.

Lawler is a counter puncher. Fucking strong and scary. Emotional. He's had a good amount of time off to relax. He knows what he's up against.

I think a 5 rounder is unlikely between these 2. and that it could be an extremely highly skilled legendary fight. I think Lawler will get hit and NOT LIKE IT.

I think 1 round.
I think Nick gets smacked around but appreciate your enthusiasm TS!

Gonna agree with OP, this fight has the potential for something magical.

Don't confuse potential with guaranteed but my body is ready for Diaz to lose a point shit talking and the mat to turn red.

don't take me calling you an asshole so sensitive asshole this is sherdog
try to develop some ability to not resort to insults for basically no reason. It will help you.
I do not care this is Sherdog or 'real life' or whatever. A bit of civility would go a long way.

For the record, I am a fan of BOTH these fighters, they have a hell of a lot of history between them. Lawler especially is an absolute warrior, even though he's been in the game so long.

I'm in and excited to gaze upon the carnage!

Not so sure bout biggest (or one of) but I'm betting the eyes drawn will be pretty damn decent.

try to develop some ability to not resort to insults for basically no reason. It will help you.
I do not care this is Sherdog or 'real life' or whatever. A bit of civility would go a long way.

For the record, I am a fan of BOTH these fighters, they have a hell of a lot of history between them. Lawler especially is an absolute warrior, even though he's been in the game so long.

Jesus christ what happened to this forum.

Is it really this soft now? Softer than a bucket of kittens.

Don't necessarily agree with everything you said, but fuck ya!!!!

It sucked watching Lawler getting beaten up badly only to land on Manhoef’s glass chin and win that fight. And Lawler couldn’t even walk after that fight if I remember correctly.

It sucked watching Lawler getting beaten up badly only to land on Manhoef’s glass chin and win that fight. And Lawler couldn’t even walk after that fight if I remember correctly.
That video doesn't show Lawler's legs flailing from the kicks. It was epic.

This one sorta shows the last flail.

EEKV.gif

I don't remember if this was before or after Aldo v Faber, but there were very few leg kick victories at that time. CroCop v Yoshida is the one I remember the most. It just didn't happen as often as it does today in the calf kick era. Watching Manhoef almost beat Lawler that way was pretty unreal.

But not as unreal as Lawler's UFC return ;) punctuated by UFC 189 (v MacDonald). Comeback of the decade right there.

Yep. Just typing in this thread makes me excited for this bout that happened a decade too late, heh.

I love Nick and Robbie ... but I really hate these rematches of old fights from years ago. They're never good. Hunt vs Bigfoot 2?
Hopefully Nick looks good and Robbie has one last one in him. I just hope it's not sad.

This fight will be interesting.

I am quite sure that this fight is the absolute record for any UFC fight, ever, for the length of time that both fighters last actually WON.
Lawler last win = 4years ago (July 2017)
Nick Diaz last win = 10years ago (Oct 2011)

So a combined 14years since either won a UFC fight.

Who knows what Nick will look like. Robbie really hasn't looked good since the first round of the Askren fight. He's stopped throwing punches.

Let's hope its a fun fight.

I love Nick and Robbie ... but I really hate these rematches of old fights from years ago. They're never good. Hunt vs Bigfoot 2?
Hopefully Nick looks good and Robbie has one last one in him. I just hope it's not sad.
I'd think about "what if everything goes right" instead of "what if everything goes wrong"

because you don't want to miss the massive potential of this one

Back