Diaz Lawler 2 IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST FIGHTS IN YEARS

Jopo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'll tell you assholes why. And how this is also a sort of end to an era. (and yes I wanted this fight like 7 years ago)

This is the fight that if it never happens then life isn't complete as a mma fan.

I watched every one of these LEGENDS fight live in every one of their fights since they were both like 19. Fuckin old school style fighters. I stayed up to watch Diaz fight Sakurai in Japan at like 6AM.

Nick Diaz is a complete boxer. I'm not saying best ever. Extremely good hands is fair to say. He can attack and he can counter extremely well. Provokes emotion from opponents.

Lawler is a counter puncher. Fucking strong and scary. Emotional. He's had a good amount of time off to relax. He knows what he's up against.

I think a 5 rounder is unlikely between these 2. and that it could be an extremely highly skilled legendary fight. I think Lawler will get hit and NOT LIKE IT.

I think 1 round.

I completely disagree... but since you are a Nick Diaz fan I will change my opinion to match yours. I completely agree, this is the one of the biggest fights in years!!

9NUBd7ipGQVdRzGNE4WIOp-xP4xrcobiHQyFgfnOjBY7H6O3UTqgMAR4dfwViw5HEoaHUnFUc85gL5CxC1sY1OGvT_Yd7POiv0YpclxZSt5LGRg

When Manhoef vs Lawler was announced it was the only time I got goosebumps. Because I knew right away for a fact that something was going to break in that fight. Someone is gonna die lol.
Manhoef was so goddamn scary. I mean, everything folks thought Lombard might become, Manhoef already was and then some.

That KO was unreal. Jump out of your seat unreal. And it was on the same card as the Diaz v Zaromskis fight I think. Which in hindsite fans reviewing win/loss ratios won't get, but Zaromskis had just won like 4 fights by headkick KO, and was a favorite.

If my memory is right, didn't they fight like way back at like UFC 50 or something around 2004ish timeframe. Pretty sure Lawler KO'd him.

Still a good fight that should've happen like 7 years ago. I will still be watching though.

If my memory is right, didn't they fight like way back at like UFC 50 or something around 2004ish timeframe. Pretty sure Lawler KO'd him.
That's a joke, right? lol

It was, I believe, the only time in the history of UFC that the "no abusive language" rule was enforced (ref didn't dock a point, just warned Diaz). Then Diaz dropped Lawler with the punch he never saw coming, and the fight was over.

Last edited:
This fight will be interesting.

I am quite sure that this fight is the absolute record for any UFC fight, ever, for the length of time that both fighters last actually WON.
Lawler last win = 4years ago (July 2017)
Nick Diaz last win = 10years ago (Oct 2011)

So a combined 14years since either won a UFC fight.

Back