Diaz is a top 5 opponent. Cerrone is not.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=
You were saying?

Then how are you so absolutely inept at understanding what is going on here?

I know exactly what is going on. Diaz has zero chance to get matched up with McGregor while they are both draws due to his low ranking, which people such as Cerrone and Khabib could get matched up in a legit fight very easily. So in order to not waste a good drawing matchup the UFC picked Diaz instead of Cerrone or Khabib so they could make those matchups down the road.

Basically this is the only way a Diaz/Conor matchup could be made while every other match up is still good win or lose

i love the diaz bros but i would put cerrone above nate diaz...as simple as that...i had the same argument wid one of my buds and he gave me the MMA math....Nate beat cowboy...RDA beat cowboy...since RDA is injured...Nate is on top coz he beat Cowboy....things dont work that way...but again....i love this match up tho..gona be entertaining

if there was no short notice nonsense, it would be a tremendous win, in my opinion - for conor - as is, it will still be a good win, at least as good as silva going up and beating on like bonnar or irvin

I know exactly what is going on. Diaz has zero chance to get matched up with McGregor while they are both draws due to his low ranking, which people such as Cerrone and Khabib could get matched up in a legit fight very easily. So in order to not waste a good drawing matchup the UFC picked Diaz instead of Cerrone or Khabib so they could make those matchups down the road.

Basically this is the only way a Diaz/Conor matchup could be made while every other match up is still good win or lose
Nate Diaz just beat MJ and broke into the top 5.
So you get it all except the UFC rankings bit. Just check their website rankings. Diaz has been top 10 for a while.

He's also taller, longer, and an excellent boxer which are all things people love to point out about Conor using against the midget division.

i love the diaz bros but i would put cerrone above nate diaz...as simple as that...i had the same argument wid one of my buds and he gave me the MMA math....Nate beat cowboy...RDA beat cowboy...since RDA is injured...Nate is on top coz he beat Cowboy....things dont work that way...but again....i love this match up tho..gona be entertaining
I never project my own thoughts about rankings onto objective discussions about matchups. I agree with you. Cerrone has gotten better, but he has shown over and over that he chokes in big fights. I'm going by the organization that makes the fights and the rankings they use.

Nate Diaz just beat MJ and broke into the top 5.
So you get it all except the UFC rankings bit. Just check their website rankings. Diaz has been top 10 for a while.

He's also taller, longer, and an excellent boxer which are all things people love to point out about Conor using against the midget division.

I very much disagree about the excellent boxer statement. Diaz has very poor footwork and zero head movement. He is a good high volume puncher with a great chin, but hes not a good boxer

I very much disagree about the excellent boxer statement. Diaz has very poor footwork and zero head movement. He is a good high volume puncher with a great chin, but hes not a good boxer
For pure boxing, no, but for MMA, he is very effective and has all the advantages that Conor had at 145.

People upset by this fight should have to post how many participation trophies they have won in their life.

People upset by this fight should have to post how many participation trophies they have won in their life.
My whole point of this thread is more to show that no matter what Conor does, it will never be good enough. People pull out of his fights and it is his fault.

At this point, Is Normal.

My whole point of this thread is more to show that no matter what Conor does, it will never be good enough. People pull out of his fights and it is his fault.

At this point, Is Normal.
Shocker.... MMA fans whine and complain and act like spoiled brats. I bet the majority of sherdog has participation awards from warming the bench and still in some way take money from their parents. The amount of whining on here is disgusting.

Seriously, you need to read the links you post and end this. The only reason Cerrone dropped is because a number of the panelists didn’t include him in their vote because he moved to WW. Those that left him obviously have him above Diaz. Diaz moved up a total of one spot. Why? Because Cerrone dropped. It’s all there in that link you posted.

Diaz > Cerrone

Made good money on that the 1st time round. Was a decent underdog too.

Diaz just became #5.

If Cerrone had gotten the fight, they would have bumped him up to #2 instead of moving him down.

Bumped.

Just reminding people that not everyone has been blindly swinging from Conor's nuts.

Back