Diaz is a top 5 opponent. Cerrone is not.

TheLuckiest

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So much misinformation regarding the gameness of Diaz, citing his 5-5 in last 10 being the most prominent.

While true, it doesn't paint the whole picture.

2 of those losses were against top level WW fighters, including The Red King that has given Robbie all he can handle and likely a future title holder.

2 were decision losses were decision losses to Bendo, champion at the time, and RDA, who is still the champion.

1 Loss was against Josh Thomson, who then dropped a very close decision to the same opponent Diaz dropped a decision to (Bendo), and also against Cucuy, who is currently on a tear and supposed to be fighting Khabib in a few weeks.

You complain that Conor doesn't fight more top 5 talent, and now that he is, it isn't the "right" top 5 fighter.
You'd rather screw over Cucuy who has been working for his shot at Khabib for a very long time.
You say Diaz won't be prepared, but Conor's standup style is also tailor made for Diaz. He loves a good scrap and is CONSTANTLY training cardio and BJJ.
He's ducking Cerrone, but if Cerrone had taken it and been KO'd, it wouldn't prove anything because it was still short notice, even though, again, Cerrone loves a good standup war but he drinks too much beer.

Conclusion: Conor is being gifted injuries of opponents so he always gets short notice fights. Those injuries were all set up by Zuffa like hit jobs, but for bruising toesies and spraining groins.

Conor is game, it is a weird Dana decision to have him fight at WW, when the 5 most dangerous men at LW (outside of RDA) seemed ready to step in:

Eddy, Anthony, Tony, Cowboy and Khabib.

Conor is game, it is a weird Dana decision to have him fight at WW, when the 5 most dangerous men at LW (outside of RDA) seemed ready to step in:

because losing at welterweight wouldn't impact conor's chances of going for the lightweight belt.

or so the logic goes...

It will really be a fascinating fight to watch. Guaranteed entertainment.

Cowboy isn't top 5 like Bendo isn't top 5. It's bullshit.

because losing at welterweight wouldn't impact conor's chances of going for the lightweight belt.

or so the logic goes...
and winning will get him a WW title shot at UFC 200.. Losing will still give him a LW title shot at UFC 200. its win win for the UFC.

It will really be a fascinating fight to watch. Guaranteed entertainment.

This! I cannot believe how much shit Conor is getting over it. He is not the one that pulled out! This will be a very entertaining fight.

Eddy put on a snooze fest against one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. He's not likely to be in Dana's good graces. Plus, if Eddy lost, there goes a possible contender for Conor to defend against. Khabib already pulled out of one fight with Cucuy, and Dana isn't letting that happen again and rightfully so. You can't be gone for 2 years, pull out of a fight, reschedule it, then pull out for another fight and the biggest payday of your life. That just isn't fair and is bad business.

I'd have liked to see Cowboy fight Conor, but it isn't like Diaz is just so out of left field that people should be struggling this much to understand that he's a top 5 opponent, and it will put asses in seats. It's business. I also think, as you suggested, it's more Dana looking out for the UFC than Conor not wanting to fight.

EDIT: Also, Khabib was too injured to fight on this card before, so why is he good to go now? The excuses will fly that he wasn't fully recovered, ring rust, etc. Again, bad business.

Cowboy isn't top 5 like Bendo isn't top 5. It's bullshit.

Well Bendo isn't in the UFC anymore, so.

When did Eddie say he'd step in?

I assumed this was just a joke based on the latest rankings.

But this is just stupid.

Cowboy just fought and Khabib has a fight booked... No matter who conor fought people are going to give excuses on why he won... instead of congratulating the one guy in the UFC who will fight anyone and doesnt pull out of fights.

And waste his big "champion vs champion" LW debutI on a dangerous fight he could lose? Lulz no. This way Conor proves he can fight 2 weightclasses above the one he's champion of against a winnable big name fighterand openst the door for UFC 200 showdown with RDA and a future clash with Robbie. Marketing baby.

Rankings don't matter. Proof being that this fight is happening.

TS has the intellect of his AV
My son just turned 5 and is reading at a 3rd grade level already.

He very well may end up being much smarter than I am.

Also, I said nothing that isn't verifiable. Just click fight finder, then search for Nate Diaz, and look at his record.
Then take a few intro to marketing or 1000 level business courses to understand surveying and polling being effective for determining the product that your consumer base wants.

When you come across a thread that reads "Diaz is top 5 and Cerrone isn't"........you should know better than to even click on it!

My son just turned 5 and is reading at a 3rd grade level already.

He very well may end up being much smarter than I am.

Also, I said nothing that isn't verifiable. Just click fight finder, then search for Nate Diaz, and look at his record.
Then take a few intro to marketing or 1000 level business courses to understand surveying and polling being effective for determining the product that your consumer base wants.

Congrats on an infant being smarter than you. I was actually a marketing major, but that has zero to do with rankings.

Back