Diaz Bro's tactic of overvaluing themselves should be taken as a lesson to other big name fighters.

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Nick acting like he deserves Usman is a perfect example. He knows he doesn't deserve Usman, honestly I don't think he even wants Usman. What Nick is doing is shooting his shot so high that when the UFC turns him down for their counter offer to seem serious it would have to be a big name. Not just any ufc fighter could use this tactic, it has to be someone who actually has a fan base and puts on exciting fights that get views, that is the only way to have any leverage on the ufc. Also they would have to have a bit of an outspoken personality because it would be a constant battle trying to stand your ground with the ufc.

Moral of the story: The Diaz bro's have taught other fighters that if you bring the views, you can leverage the ufc for big fights and never be the chump who fight someone ranked below you.

You seem under the impression that Nick Diaz is playing 4-D chess.

He is not.

I say this as a big Diaz fan.
It's the same reason I honestly think both Diaz brothers think they are legitly undefeated since being wrestled or leg kicked is cheating.

You seem under the impression that Nick Diaz is playing 4-D chess.

He is not.

I say this as a big Diaz fan.
But what is it then? Im a bit of a fan, not a big one, but I dont think he truely wants to fight usman...I think he would take a title shot but I think the real goal is just big fights.

It's the same reason I honestly think both Diaz brothers think they are legitly undefeated since being wrestled or leg kicked is cheating.
Yes. They do believe in themselves to a degree which most of us find outlandish. And their definition of lose isn't really a definition anyone else uses.

But Nick isn't negotiating when he says this stuff. Nate has learned some things about negotiation, that's for sure.

But I'm quite confident Nick is just talking, stream of consciousness style. It's the only way he knows.

Yes. They do believe in themselves to a degree which most of us find outlandish. And their definition of lose isn't really a definition anyone else uses.

But Nick isn't negotiating when he says this stuff. Nate has learned some things about negotiation, that's for sure.

But I'm quite confident Nick is just talking, stream of consciousness style. It's the only way he knows.
Yeah, people tend to underestimate the borderline delusion being a great fighter requires often.

But what is it then? Im a bit of a fan, not a big one, but I dont think he truely wants to fight usman...I think he would take a title shot but I think the real goal is just big fights.
He doesn't think ahead. He just talks. Even when he's been warned not to talk too much, he just talks (e.g. the NSAC commission interview when he couldn't just shut the fuck up and landed himself a 5 year suspension for smoking blunts).

It's great for interviews. Cue the famous 10 minute interview after the Gomi fight with big sunglasses that hides the black eye. But it also means you cannot take everything he utters as a well thought out philosophy or even opinion. It's just stream of consciousness. Practically rambling, if you will.

not really. usman would take that fight in a heartbeat as well. usman knows the value of nick diaz. big name, would be a huge fight

MMA rules favor wrestlers in real fights guys like Conor and Diaz bros would be stockpiling bodies.
In real fights they will get their heads smashed on concrete and there wouldn't be a ref to separate em

In real fights, Josh Thomson would've stomped on Nate Diaz head.

In real fights, Nick Diaz career would've ended on 4-1....luckily there was a ref there to save his life.

In real fights, conor would've been stomped and ended his career as a 2-1 fighter.

I think they genuinely see themselves as superior to other current fighters given their tenure and brand names. I understand where they are coming from. Back in the day, they would take pride out of smashing aging stars who thought so highly of themselves. You have to be a hypocrite in this game to an extent and alwyas have high confidence in yourself.

If he wins this fight, he might get a title shot right then as long as he plays nice with the UFC to a minimal amount.

Back