DHK is a carbon copy of Chael at WW

Angryfish

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone else see it? The terrible stand up, but relentless forward pressure. The funny monologue. Etc etc. No?

Chael doesn't gas as bad as Dong

Sonnen has excellent hands, great footwork and always mixes up his punches with kicks. He's a high caliber point kick boxer and can hold his own in exchanges with anyone.

Not even close to a comparison to DHK.

I don't think Chael has KOd people like Dong has.

Sonnen has excellent hands, great footwork and always mixes up his punches with kicks. He's a high caliber point kick boxer and can hold his own in exchanges with anyone.

Not even close to a comparison to DHK.

Sonnen has excellent hands? His boxing is average at best. Yeah he did drop Silva in his worst fight ever, but other than that, what has he achieved on the feet in his last 5 fights?

Sonnen has excellent hands? His boxing is average at best. Yeah he did drop Silva in his worst fight ever, but other than that, what has he achieved on the feet in his last 5 fights?

Go back and watch his fight with Okami - it was largely a kick boxing match for minutes at a time. He has textbook form - always keeps his hands up, good footwork, good hand speed, always throws in combination, mostly straight punches, mixes up with kicks. Everything is done crisp with technique.

Acid Jesus aside, everyone knows he beat Filho in the rematch (when he was considered one of the best in the world) by point kick boxing him to avoid getting submitted.

Sonnen can do a Dom Cruz / Bisping routine all day everyday. He just happens to be an elite wrestler, which is what he utilizes most, because it works. He could beat a lot of guys point kickboxing if he wanted to go that route.

He entirely lacks power, but his technique is textbook.

Chael has incredible cardio... The Dong gasses after 1.5 rounds.
Chael is a wrestler and GnPnder... The Dong is more a submission guy and his GnP is pretty weak.

But they are both p4p trashtalkers.

When has Cheal ever stood with someone and lost? Just because he couldn't out strike Anderson ( he kinda did?) doesn't mean he has terrible hands.
He out boxed Okami with ease.
Just because he takes people down within the first five seconds doesn't mean he has bad hands. His 1-2 are some of the best in his wieghtclass

Dong fought strangely last night. Haven't seem him that reckless before. But it paid off.

Except sonnen can't ko anybody

Besides both of them being primarily grapplers, I don't see too many similarities. A more aggressive version of Okami is a better comparison for DHK. Both have a judo base, but have added a good bit of Western wrestling.

Chael has incredible cardio... The Dong gasses after 1.5 rounds.
Chael is a wrestler and GnPnder... The Dong is more a submission guy and his GnP is pretty weak.

But they are both p4p trashtalkers.

I was always wondering; DHK's GnP doesn't seem weak. I don't remember him finishing any opponents via GnP ala Fedor Emelianenko, but DHK's positioning is excellent and his punches are not too shabby either.

Back