DHK:"I have 30% chance of beating Hector Lombard.But I have weapons that can KO him."

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
20246E4450222B7310D0CA

------

On fighting Hector Lombard

This fight is the biggest challenge and opportunity of my fighting career. I see Hector Lombard as a championship level fighter. I feel if I can beat Lombard, I can beat the champion.
On his chances of beating Hector Lombard

I don’t think I can say I will win this one outright. Without being biased I win this fight only 30% of the time. The important thing is not to get intimidated by this fact or else I lose 100%. 30% means if we fought 10 times I win 3. I just have to be ready to make 8/23 one of those victories. I need the type of strong mentality where I will still be swinging my fists even if I am going down.

His strategy

Even though there is a danger of me getting knocked out, I am going forward aggressively. If I don’t make him respect me there is no way for me to win. I have to bide my time and wait for my opportunity. Of course, I also have weapons that I know I can knock out Lombard with. Seeing how this is the biggest and most dangerous fight of my career I am ready to be extra daring.

On fighting in Macau again

I am so mentally prepared, I can fight him right now. The John Hathaway fight I felt like I was given that fight to put on a show, but for this fight I want to show myself as a proud Asian/Korean fighter. To win in decisive fashion is the face of a true warrior and a true fighter. I am going to fight like I am prepared to die.

On fight being a 3 rounder

It doesn't matter. This fight will be finished in 2 rounds. Lombard is not going to be conservative so I will match him in that aspect. Even if this fight doesn't end in 2 rounds, it won't be a back and forth fight. It will either be him or me dominating the fight.

REFERENCE- http://www.mfight.co.kr/news/view.p...de=&code=mfight_total_news&Page=&number=28463

Last edited:
DHK interviews always make me lol in the most profound way. Don't know why

Dong wins and goes down as the most epic korean fighter of all-time hopefully.

DHK and matt brown are on a collision course for the UFC title.

Damn, DHK ain't playing that PC game, homeboy. I don't think I've ever seen a fighter speak this frankly about his own chances.

He's gonna get stopped in the first, so he's right about it not going past the second

Should have said something like this instead.

Dong always says weird shit in the lead up to fights

For some reason him being that honest makes me like him more as a fighter. I hope he beats Lombard now.

He's a trip. I like DHK.

Definitely a different kind of cat who says what he really thinks. I'll be rooting for him for sure.

DHK is a blunt and ballsy man. Looking forward to seeing what he can do against Lombard.

I don't think Dong could outgrapple Lombard anyway. Except for maybe Woodley and Ellenberger, I don't think there's anyone in the division who can take Lombard down.

So really Dong's only shot of winning the fight is to be ultra aggressive and hopefully land something right on the button. Don't think he should have publicized his gameplan but again, he doesn't really seem to give a shit.

DHK interviews always make me lol in the most profound way. Don't know why

Something gets lost in the translations.
On top of that, he's a troll. And he's not afraid of saying whatever he wants, even if Uncle Dana doesn't approve.

Wow, The Dong doesn't care at all. I like it.

Hector by TKO in the 2nd.

Back