Destruction of the legs?

One fight where leg kicks had a big part but it may not be that apparent was GSP/Hughes II, Hughes was very worried about leg kicks. (he even admitted after the fight that the second "nut shot" which made him drop down on his knees didn't actually hit him in the sack, but rather hurt his inner thigh) Ultimately GSP landed that LHK because Hughes wanted to catch GSP's leg but St-Pierre went high and caught him on the jaw line. The leg kicks were used by Georges not only to dictate the pace but really hurt Matt with them, it was a brilliant strategy, one of Georges finest fights IMO and I would love to see that Georges against Nick.

If what you really want to see is someone getting destroyed via leg kicks check this classic: (Kickboxing not MMA)

Also in early UFCs one memorable leg kick destruction was Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans

Last edited:
tumblr_mcc8tgEnrG1r8ufr0o1_500.gif

The event itself (Fight for the Troops) was pretty damn brutal. If you want to cringe, or if you're one of those sadistic individuals, I suggest to check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC:_Fight_for_the_Troops

That event was ridiculously brutal. People's PTSD was going off the charts.

Yeah, the head head body leg combo is the best I've ever seen. I can watch it 100 times in a row.

It's painful though, because instead of picturing myself as Hoost landing the combo, like a normal person, I imagine myself on the receiving end, over and over. I think something's wrong with me.

If what you really want to see is someone getting destroyed via leg kicks check this classic: (Kickboxing not MMA)

Also in early UFCs one memorable leg kick destruction was Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans

Kakuda @ 2:12. That's so Cecil! *cuteface*

Jony bones legs need to be tested i know shogun fans including me hoped for that nasty leg kick before but oh well..

Jony bones legs need to be tested i know shogun fans including me hoped for that nasty leg kick before but oh well..

You know Jack Slack was explaining how Rampage could have bum rushed Jones right after kicking his leg. I hope some tries that out haha

I like leg kicks, but there aren't a lot of fighters that use this... maybe the most are afraid of the takedowns... but low kicks are very effective...

I like leg kicks, but there aren't a lot of fighters that use this... maybe the most are afraid of the takedowns... but low kicks are very effective...

Fabricio Werdum should perfect his. He doesn't give a fuck about takedowns:)

Not that Koscheck has skinny legs, but it's a testament to his heart that he kept fighting to the bell after Alves all but destroyed him with leg kicks.

Everyone thinks Jones legs mean you just need a good kicker to beat him. Hasn't Shogun and Machida proved that theory is absolute BS?

But okay, lets say outlandish things like 'give him Prime CC!' like that means anything.

Does having skinny legs make kicks hurt more? Is it because there's less padding? The size of your legs isn't necessarily representative of your leg strength.

Back