• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destiny, v9: The Taken King

Back for the Banner. Got owned early, but won my last 5. I dont care for Vertigo at all.

Yeah, Rift has been brutal as a solo and team player. I've won probably 3/12 gaves so far.. just painful. I'm not the best at getting the spark though, so some of that definitely comes down to me. It's really just a boring game mode though... everybody throws grenades at the spark, and hard-scopes with snipers. At Rank 2 now, but will be 3 once I turn in my bounties.

I've only done one match today but there was more lag than there was yesterday. Hopefully this new algorithm doesn't fuck things up.

i think rift is kinda fun, but i'm not sure it's good for the IB.

It's really just a boring game mode though... everybody throws grenades at the spark, and hard-scopes with snipers.

Oh fuck man, you're fish in a bucket with that stupid game mode. Fuck bungie for ignoring the outcry.

In the end I will probably hit it up anyways with my Titan, just in hope of getting the Iron Guantlets in my Ranking packages. But right now I have no desire. I know for a fact I won't be playing the stupid objective. I will be skirting the outsides and picking people off.

I will wait till the last couple days for fast ranking.

I've only done one match today but there was more lag than there was yesterday. Hopefully this new algorithm doesn't fuck things up.

I've played a few today and I've only see a red bar once.... it went away about a minute into the match. The connections are exponentially better than yesterday, and all of the matches have been fairly evenly matched. They did a good fucking job in my opinion... granted, I've only played for about an hour, but it's been leaps and bounds ahead of yesterday's nightmare. It's nice to know that when I shoot someone they are taking damage now, rather than 2 seconds from now.

Point blank shotgun to a spark runner did 38 damage. What the fuck is that. Even better was a shotgunned him and then melee'd him, did nothing. He then 2 shot me with a heavy machine gun.

Nice bungie.

It still fucking sucks. I still see quite a few red bars and I shot a guy with the truth twice and it didn't kill him.

rmdSx.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...x_challenge_is_live_strategy_and_compilation/

Some really good tips in here for doing Oryx Challenge Mode.

My team does just about all of this already, but we do kill the ogres from the Sisters Platforms rather than from in between the platforms. I do like the idea of allowing all of the thralls to survive until Oryx regains control of the darkness, and then tethering and getting more orbs.

I'm glad it's been good for some people, but for my guys and me it was still frustratingly bad connections. Either the spark can't be picked up or the other team has a guy who can't be killed. We ended up all deciding to go play custom halo 5 games instead.

i love destiny but as for competitive multiplayer halo 5 is a superior option.

i love destiny but as for competitive multiplayer halo 5 is a superior option.
The Crucible has been a second-rate PvP arena since it's inception. Bungie purposely dumbed down the Crucible because they didn't want competitive FPS players to be able to cakewalk through and dominate everything. They have spoken about it in the past. They wanted to ensure that the 10 year old kids who only play casually could still go in the Crucible and have fun and not get raped. The crucible is shit compared to any real, serious FPS PvP game.

I haven't played Halo 5 yet but afaic Titanfall is still the very best FPS PvP out there.

I tried 3 matches today in the IB first two got dropped into one where my team was losing by 10k it lasted all of about 2 mins I got 2 assist 0 kills and got a purple endgram. Next one got dropped into one where we was down around 5k it lasted a bit longer but still got the mercy rule lose but got a exotic endgram from a 3oC. Next match was actually from the start but got killed by some quick scoping cunt and rage quit, The first two matches had 5-6 red bar players in each match I'm done with this IB I really dislike rift and bannerfall.

Awesome matchmaking going on today. 6 man fire team vs me and a team of people at like 280 light.

The thing I hate most about Rift is the respawn times are fucked. 10 seconds turns into about 20 if the other team has the spark, or if there's an enemy alive, or if the sky's blue.

Just hit Rank 4 IB on my Titan. I've seen quite a few chest pieces, scout rifles, boots, and gauntlets drop so far. My experience with the lag has been much better since the swap over. Sorry to hear you guys haven't had the same luck.

Really mixed feelings on the IB. On one hand, Rift isn't too bad as a playlist. Besides the spark getting bombarded by grenades, it could be worse.

But the matchmaking blows. Too many times I'm getting dumped into matches where the team is already down 8,000-10,000 points. Or with guys that appear to be playing Rift for the first time with no idea how the scoring works. Too many matches with 4-5 teamates all sitting on defense.

Really mixed feelings on the IB. On one hand, Rift isn't too bad as a playlist. Besides the spark getting bombarded by grenades, it could be worse.

But the matchmaking blows. Too many times I'm getting dumped into matches where the team is already down 8,000-10,000 points. Or with guys that appear to be playing Rift for the first time with no idea how the scoring works. Too many matches with 4-5 teamates all sitting on defense.
the matchmaking always blows it being an IB event in rift makes it worse I think since it's been added I've played under 20 matchs not a fan of this game mode. Bungie making it an IB is even worse having the lvl advantages enabled and the matchmaking that is based on cennectivity instead of light lvl or skill lvl makes for too much shitty matchups where shitty rift players like me gets put into games against good players. Getting dropped into a game in which you are down 10k should give you purple loot for the bs you have to deal with.

Well if it make you guys feel any better I spent about 7 hours playing Titanfall yesterday, and loved every minute of it, and had on one connectivity issue the whole time.

When I went to preorder the Division, I saw a Titanfall Controller for sale, gently used with not a scratch on it. I have wanted one of those bad boys since they came out but I never had an Xbone until recently, and now they are selling for $100+ CAD online. I got it for $50 Canadian.
Oh fuck yeah bud.

8cb0226fc85fb83ee7526d1b28453e07.jpg

I also got my Beta code finally for the Division, so I will be downloading that tonight. The original code I had on my receipt was a code I had to enter to get another code. lol. Looking forward to trying it.

Anyways, this entire post is my way of saying "Fuck you" to Rift.

Back