• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destiny, v8: Throw your money at the screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that's bad? Did 3 nightfalls (1 on each char):

2 No Land Beyond
9 Strange Coins

Nightfall seems easy, is it? Just finished the thorn bounty a couple weeks ago, so it seems like I should be able to do it

i havent got into any of the Hand cannons yet. Using a Blue Pulse rifle as my main right now.

But LOVE the sidearm(Glocks). I just pull that out any double tap once I run out of pulse rds and the taken are still bull rushing me.

Yeah they are sweet. I was a little bummed when I realized that you can't reforge (or assimilate or whatever it's called) the new one that you get as a drop. I like it a lot and I would definitely invest some weapons into bumping up the damage.

Started ib a few hours ago, no issues at all. Well unless you call having a level 12 on your team finish with 1 kill and a .04 k/d. Because that was a big problem I had.

haha. i played 2 games earlier and both games had 2 level 20 guys on my team that were just getting wrecked. we lost both games and i bounces before it put we back with them.

I must say, I really dig the new Titan Class too. However he makes the Gunslinger look like a total pansy. Sunbreaker throws five hammers by default, without any perks unlocked.
Unlock that first perk on the skill tree and he throws even more.

Meanwhile the Gunslinger is at the back of the bus sying "Pew, pew, pew". Maybe one more "Pew" if he is wearing his Symbiote Helmet. Gunslinger is going to need a buff if he is going to compete with the Sunbreaker.

Nightfall seems easy, is it? Just finished the thorn bounty a couple weeks ago, so it seems like I should be able to do it

Yeah you can do it. Just dont sleep on the acolytes who do void damage.

I haven't played since the game first came out. Is it worth getting back into? I imagine I would have quite the mountain to climb at this point.

Naw. they give to something to bump you guy up to level 25 and that is more than enough to get you up and running

Will i need to hammer The Iron Banner to reach level 3 in it? I really need some Etheric Light. I'm talking if i have like a 50/50 win ratio? I'm level 1 just now and i'm using the buff.

i saw a sublime engram drop last night...forgot until just a moment ago. i guess it's legendary gear exclusive to the PS4...some dude came along while i was electrocuting cabal in the dreadnought and it dropped for him.

Started ib a few hours ago, no issues at all. Well unless you call having a level 12 on your team finish with 1 kill and a .04 k/d. Because that was a big problem I had.

Damn. I thought they had patched it so no one under level 20 (who would still be ridiculously underleveled) could even get into the iron banner. That's ridiculous.

Sublime Engram?

BTW, Reddit is off the hook with tTK info, if anyone wants to drown themselves in "spoilers".

Damn. I thought they had patched it so no one under level 20 (who would still be ridiculously underleveled) could even get into the iron banner. That's ridiculous.

There were 2 level 7's in one of my games. ha

Nightfall wasn't very great again for me this week:

Garbage pulse rifle
Give/Take Equation
9 Strange Coins

Guess I've finally reached the saturation point where I have all the weapons I like and there's not really anything new for me.

It won't level is just a short (very short) character development gap. Light level is where its at, and you won't have any trouble catching up to the majority of players.

Nightfall wasn't very great again for me this week:

Garbage pulse rifle
Give/Take Equation
9 Strange Coins

Guess I've finally reached the saturation point where I have all the weapons I like and there's not really anything new for me.

Give/Take equation's one of the better PvP fusion's if you care to reroll or even want to use a fusion in PvP these days lol.

Sublime Engram?

BTW, Reddit is off the hook with tTK info, if anyone wants to drown themselves in "spoilers".

I've had two of those, they gave me hesperos legendary armor pieces on my titan.

Hey, so I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I stopped playing destiny around 2 weeks before the first expansion dropped. With the Legendary Edition coming out, I'm looking to get back into it. I know it would be too much to ask to summarize the major changes but I was hoping for some gear recommendations so I know what to look out for.

A bit about myself is that while I do enjoy some of the PvE, my focus was PvP and I was pretty good at it. I have a lv30 hunter, lv30 warlock and a lv27 titan with the gunslinger hunter being my favorite to use in PvP. I had every exotic weapon (remember, this is before the first expansion) except for 2 which were Hawkmoon and Red Death. I usually used a Suros Regime/Mythoclast, Found Verdict and the Iron Banner LMG who's name escapes me. I heard that Auto Rifles suck now so I wouldn't mind using a handcannon and while it sucks that I don't have Hawkmoon, I still have The Last Word, Fatebringer, and Thorn(Which I hear is good now?). On occasion I used Visions of Confluence if that's still any good. Otherwise I'll stick with Mythoclast if its also held up alright.

So knowing all this, whats the meta now? What's mostly being used? I'm not looking to copy if I don't like the feel of the loadout but I at least want to try them and know what I'll be up against if anything. I'm clueless about any new armor also. Thanks for any help.

it's thorn and everything else in the pvp world right now. WAR RED DEATH!

I haven't played since the game first came out. Is it worth getting back into? I imagine I would have quite the mountain to climb at this point.

In short- yes. The new content is excellent and the subclasses are awesome.

As mentioned you have a shortcut to 25 and the light levels make levelling easy. I saw a video online where a guy went from 32 to 40 just by banking his completed bounties (20 bounties).

You can be max level in a couple of days. I have been playing for 2 days and have gone from 32 to 38 with only a few bounties. Am loving it and I have not even touched strikes, raids, crucible, or any side quests yet.

i get most my kills in PvP with the pistol the queen give you. It always has ammo but the range sucks. So i run that and Red Death and do ok.

Tried an antiquated rune in the Court of Oryx, recommended light level 300, with a group of randoms. It did not go well, the randoms weren't high enough light level to do any damage. We managed to do about 5 percent of the actual bosses health.

Hey, so I was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I stopped playing destiny around 2 weeks before the first expansion dropped. With the Legendary Edition coming out, I'm looking to get back into it. I know it would be too much to ask to summarize the major changes but I was hoping for some gear recommendations so I know what to look out for.

A bit about myself is that while I do enjoy some of the PvE, my focus was PvP and I was pretty good at it. I have a lv30 hunter, lv30 warlock and a lv27 titan with the gunslinger hunter being my favorite to use in PvP. I had every exotic weapon (remember, this is before the first expansion) except for 2 which were Hawkmoon and Red Death. I usually used a Suros Regime/Mythoclast, Found Verdict and the Iron Banner LMG who's name escapes me. I heard that Auto Rifles suck now so I wouldn't mind using a handcannon and while it sucks that I don't have Hawkmoon, I still have The Last Word, Fatebringer, and Thorn(Which I hear is good now?). On occasion I used Visions of Confluence if that's still any good. Otherwise I'll stick with Mythoclast if its also held up alright.

So knowing all this, whats the meta now? What's mostly being used? I'm not looking to copy if I don't like the feel of the loadout but I at least want to try them and know what I'll be up against if anything. I'm clueless about any new armor also. Thanks for any help.

Handcannons - specifically Thorn, TLW and Hawkmoon. Red Death, the Summoner from ToO are also popular ones.

For special weapons it's Felwinters and it's similiars which rule - Matador 64, Party Crasher +1, high impact shotguns that can be rolled with shot package and + range perks.

If sniping is your game, PR is still solid, low grade humility and her benevolence are the other highly rated snipers off the top of my head.

To go a bit further in depth, Auto's were nerfed to bolivian, so they're pretty useless atm.

Cool. Thx for the reply guys. I'll probably download the expansion this weekend.

Give/Take equation's one of the better PvP fusion's if you care to reroll or even want to use a fusion in PvP these days lol.

I agree, but I've already got a nice one that I re-rolled. Ever since I've gotten at least 5 and they're just not extremely useful.

In short- yes. The new content is excellent and the subclasses are awesome.

As mentioned you have a shortcut to 25 and the light levels make levelling easy. I saw a video online where a guy went from 32 to 40 just by banking his completed bounties (20 bounties).

You can be max level in a couple of days. I have been playing for 2 days and have gone from 32 to 38 with only a few bounties. Am loving it and I have not even touched strikes, raids, crucible, or any side quests yet.
if you got any free time and wanna fill any of the quest let me know some of them are a pain trying to solo them.

Nightfall was indeed easy, I died once before remembering phogoth does void damage but luckily my buddy was there to revive. We'll be running it again tonight with our other characters and hopefully do better than the 12 strange coins I got.

N/m was on phone. See it now. Huh, Mythoclast was my deadliest exotic, 3k kills. Top 2% k/d ratio.

Damn, 927 fusion rifle pvp kills.

I just saw the highest match score amongst friends, someone has a score of 28000? That from one of the new pvp modes lol?

What is your crucible K/D ratio? Mine is 1.62 but it won't tell me what % that puts me in. Lame...

I might jump back into Destiny. I'm just awaiting the reviews of Taken King before I decide if it is worth my $40.

You think that's bad? Did 3 nightfalls (1 on each char):

2 No Land Beyond
9 Strange Coins

i recieved a shit machine gun from the engram, so i ended up with 10 strange and a mote of light. your haul ultimately was better imo, but the potential of the engram makes mine slightly better before the reveal.

Last edited:
if you got any free time and wanna fill any of the quest let me know some of them are a pain trying to solo them.

That would be awesome mate. I am going to be on pretty much as much as I can this weekend so if you see me the help would be mucho appreciated.

12 Strange Coins
Etheric Light
ACD/0 Feedback Fence (Shard)

Not bad of a haul this week, I'd love Etheric Light x3 doe.

Xur is selling:
Legacy engrams
Insurmountable skull front
Spine of ahamkara
Impossible machines
Exotic helmet engram

12 Strange Coins
Etheric Light
ACD/0 Feedback Fence (Shard)

Not bad of a haul this week, I'd love Etheric Light x3 doe.

Did you already have the gauntlets?

I ended up buying it based on all the positive responses from people. 4 hours more to download.

Any tips from ya'll? I haven't played since the first expansion. I wonder what gear and guns to use. Are auto rifles still awesome?

Yep, better roll and everything at least the NF was quick n easy this week.

Yeah it was very easy, ran it again tonight and didn't get much, some random legendary scout, but like you said, it was easy.

Last edited:
There's a lot of confusion over the Three of Coins buff, whatever the case I'm prolly gonna drop at least half my coins into that sumbitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back