Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

So they dropped the trailer for the Guardian Games today which starts next week.

Link to more information (though it's sparse at the moment).
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/Events/GuardianGames

So far it looks like a lot of Eververse stuff...no idea how it's going to run but with the way things have been it seems like PvE bounties from Eva and maybe Zavala will the focus.

So I just need 1 last run to finish the outbreak perfected catalyst+ the ship and Bungie decided to fix it this week fml

Trials has really brought cheating in D2 to the forefront (mostly on PC), and holy shit some of the stuff these people are getting away with is absurd. This streamer is kind of starting a crusade against cheaters and it's really shocking that any of this crap can actually occur without getting picked up by Bungies "anti-cheat" system. Us console plebs were pretty vocal that cheating was going to run rampant when Destiny 2 went to PC, and sure as shit it's out of control right now with Trials.

bungie knew players was cheating even before ppl started to speculate about trials coming back and it really amped up once they released new light and made the move to stream. all of this is on them for not putting shit into place to try to help mitigate the cheating seeing how their anti-cheat is shit. they cared more about everyone being able to play trials that all they had was a light level requirement which is bs.

Trials has really brought cheating in D2 to the forefront (mostly on PC), and holy shit some of the stuff these people are getting away with is absurd. This streamer is kind of starting a crusade against cheaters and it's really shocking that any of this crap can actually occur without getting picked up by Bungies "anti-cheat" system. Us console plebs were pretty vocal that cheating was going to run rampant when Destiny 2 went to PC, and sure as shit it's out of control right now with Trials.

I just started playing this game again, but this is hilarious. How does a cheater have a KD of 534 and still isn't banned?

bungie knew players was cheating even before ppl started to speculate about trials coming back and it really amped up once they released new light and made the move to stream. all of this is on them for not putting shit into place to try to help mitigate the cheating seeing how their anti-cheat is shit. they cared more about everyone being able to play trials that all they had was a light level requirement which is bs.

I always preface my comments about Trials by stating that I suck at PvP and Trials isn't for me.

I was absolutely flabbergasted when Bungie made ZERO barriers for entry into Trials. It 100% should have been behind the Seasonal paywall, as well as minimum of 100 hours (or some reasonable quantity of time) of gameplay on the account. That would likely cut down on 90% of the people buying "smurf" accounts (generic accounts leveled up to 960...people said they were selling for about $5), and then cheating their asses off and ruining the experience for everyone else. It's sad that its gotten so absurd that streamers are essentially "witch hunting" so they can send that footage to Bungie for action.

I'm not a fan of trials or PvP in general but there is a big part of the player base that loves it and bungie pretty much ignored them for a long time then when they finally do something for them they did it half-assed. this fall dlc better be worth it because the guys doing this seasonal shit are only doing the bare minimum and are spending more time fixing shit then making worth while content.

So of course the Titans won the Guardian Games by a fucking landslide!

New quest dropped today for the Legendary Shotgun "Felwinter's Lie." Unfortunately it's a "community quest" and requires 3 million Seraph Towers Public Event completions ON EACH DESTINATION totaling 9 million completions total.

I'm generally a "Bungie apologist" because I realize that making games is hard, but this is the worst way to top off an already poor season. I seriously can't believe they decided this was the way to finish out the season....what a fucking joke. As much as I'd love to have that shotgun again, I'd be much happier if the community as a whole just refused to do the events and send Bungie a big "Fuck You."

So of course the Titans won the Guardian Games by a fucking landslide!

New quest dropped today for the Legendary Shotgun "Felwinter's Lie." Unfortunately it's a "community quest" and requires 3 million Seraph Towers Public Event completions ON EACH DESTINATION totaling 9 million completions total.

I'm generally a "Bungie apologist" because I realize that making games is hard, but this is the worst way to top off an already poor season. I seriously can't believe they decided this was the way to finish out the season....what a fucking joke. As much as I'd love to have that shotgun again, I'd be much happier if the community as a whole just refused to do the events and send Bungie a big "Fuck You."
Felwinters Lie is back, any idea if its locked behind the season pass? I hope not.

Felwinters Lie is back, any idea if its locked behind the season pass? I hope not.

I think it is locked behind the season pass because to get it the community is currently doing 9 million of the seasonal events. I could be wrong though, but people are already crushing these events and the one at the EDZ is already at 3%...meaning people have completed at least 90,000 of these events so far since reset today. So I'm sure you can wait and see what happens and then buy the season (only $10) if the shotgun is indeed locked behind the season pass.

So, as expected, Bungie is getting slammed up and down just about everywhere due to the Seraph Towers step in the Felwinter's Lie quest. After about 24 hours they went and adjusted a few things, and have added a 5x multiplier for weekday completions, and a 10x multiplier for weekend completions. They also slightly reduced the number of balls needed to be thrown during each tower event, and reduced the health pool of the Champions. Looking at the numbers now and the EDZ towers are at 20% completion...much faster than expected.

Shockingly the first part of the quest for Felwinter's Lie has been completed! Next step is 1000 shotgun kills, and then...well, big surprise...quest is bugged. LMAO

1000 PvE kills, but Crucible shotgun kills count for 6. If you're still needing to do the Exotic Catalyst for 4th Horseman or Lord of Wolves now is a good time to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

EYRqx3BWsAEFjKQ

Saw this in one of the replies, lol.

EYRqx3BWsAEFjKQ

Saw this in one of the replies, lol.

Yep....took me about an hour of dicking around to get the 1000 shotgun kills. You're sent to see Rasputin in the bunker, and it loads you into a quest...which then just drops you off at the Sanctuary by Eris Morn and nothing happens. I can't really complain because I didn't do a single Serpah Tower event for the first part of the quest, but it's tough when this quest keeps on being bugged. I hope they get it cleared up quickly, but I guess who really cares? Can you imagine how horrible the Crucible is going to be with everyone doing their 1000 kills, and then everyone else using Felwinter's Lie? LMAO

Yep....took me about an hour of dicking around to get the 1000 shotgun kills. You're sent to see Rasputin in the bunker, and it loads you into a quest...which then just drops you off at the Sanctuary by Eris Morn and nothing happens. I can't really complain because I didn't do a single Serpah Tower event for the first part of the quest, but it's tough when this quest keeps on being bugged. I hope they get it cleared up quickly, but I guess who really cares? Can you imagine how horrible the Crucible is going to be with everyone doing their 1000 kills, and then everyone else using Felwinter's Lie? LMAO

Don't have to imagine. I was there when the original Felwinter's Lie dropped during House of Wolves. Matador 64 and Party Crasher joined in. Fun times using nerfed Fusion Rifles in the crucible.

Edit: I just remembered that you could reroll your perks and try to get the roll you wanted. Shotguns and cross map hard hitting Thorns. Good stuff.

Last edited:
And Iron Banner is full of sliding shotguns that any moron can do. Yawn, stretch.

Miss the old days of destiny 1. Feel like the games changed once the oryx DLC came around

I hadnt played this since the Osiris DLC 3 years ago or whenever that was. Just started last week. Feel like 3 years later I didn’t really miss much. A lot of pointless grinding and changes that weren’t necessary

Miss the old days of destiny 1. Feel like the games changed once the oryx DLC came around

I hadnt played this since the Osiris DLC 3 years ago or whenever that was. Just started last week. Feel like 3 years later I didn’t really miss much. A lot of pointless grinding and changes that weren’t necessary

Did you grab the Warmind campaign from Amanda (she sells the sparrows in the Tower)? There's some really cool stuff in that campaign, and Forsaken was pretty amazing in terms of what it brought to the game. The Lore has really taken off since Forsaken and if you're into that things are really getting exciting.

Overall I like D2 a lot more than D1, but it certainly doesn't have that same "feel" of D1 in terms of excitement for me. I enjoy playing but I always hit a wall after a while and end up putting it down for months at a time.

Did you grab the Warmind campaign from Amanda (she sells the sparrows in the Tower)? There's some really cool stuff in that campaign, and Forsaken was pretty amazing in terms of what it brought to the game. The Lore has really taken off since Forsaken and if you're into that things are really getting exciting.

Overall I like D2 a lot more than D1, but it certainly doesn't have that same "feel" of D1 in terms of excitement for me. I enjoy playing but I always hit a wall after a while and end up putting it down for months at a time.
Eh, the campaign and lore has never impressed me. D1 had better weapons and armor, and it was creative and innovative. On D2 it just feels like I’m playing a watered down version with a lot of useless junk in it. Just wanted to infuse a few guns and I need upgrade modules. I have like 10 of them but I don’t want to use them all now because I’ll level up and they’ll be under leveled. Stupid shit like that. They change stuff and add in more resources or materials you need to grind to make things more complicated. Should just cost shards or glimmer. Glimmer is useless in the game anyways

Back