Destiny 2, v3: Forsaken looming

Eh, the campaign and lore has never impressed me. D1 had better weapons and armor, and it was creative and innovative. On D2 it just feels like I’m playing a watered down version with a lot of useless junk in it. Just wanted to infuse a few guns and I need upgrade modules. I have like 10 of them but I don’t want to use them all now because I’ll level up and they’ll be under leveled. Stupid shit like that. They change stuff and add in more resources or materials you need to grind to make things more complicated. Should just cost shards or glimmer. Glimmer is useless in the game anyways

Sounds like D2 is just not your bag, and that's cool. I get burnt out pretty easily on D2, yet I disagree with you in terms of D1 having better weapons and armor. D1 year 1 was amazing with the Raid weapons, but once Taken King dropped all weapons became much less impressive. D2 suffered from boring loot in year 1, but ever since Forsaken dropped there is a lot of cool stuff out there. Gambit armor is pretty amazing to be honest, and I really dig the Escalation Protocol armor as well. I also love the Menagerie loot and even though most of it is just repurposed vanilla stuff, aesthetically they did a great job.

Sounds like D2 is just not your bag, and that's cool. I get burnt out pretty easily on D2, yet I disagree with you in terms of D1 having better weapons and armor. D1 year 1 was amazing with the Raid weapons, but once Taken King dropped all weapons became much less impressive. D2 suffered from boring loot in year 1, but ever since Forsaken dropped there is a lot of cool stuff out there. Gambit armor is pretty amazing to be honest, and I really dig the Escalation Protocol armor as well. I also love the Menagerie loot and even though most of it is just repurposed vanilla stuff, aesthetically they did a great job.
Taken king is when it changed for the worse. I’ll never forget logging on to find out they reset all my gear and said I needed to grind and earn new shit, which btw sucked ass compared to what I have. Just a joke

I still laugh that they tried bringing back gallahjorn (super nerfed) thinking that’s all they need to do to bring lost players back. I wonder what their server numbers are for active players, it’s gotta be down since the destiny 1 days.

Taken king is when it changed for the worse. I’ll never forget logging on to find out they reset all my gear and said I needed to grind and earn new shit, which btw sucked ass compared to what I have. Just a joke

I still laugh that they tried bringing back gallahjorn (super nerfed) thinking that’s all they need to do to bring lost players back. I wonder what their server numbers are for active players, it’s gotta be down since the destiny 1 days.

I have no idea what the server numbers are anymore, but I don't ever wait more than a minute to get into any activity, so for me that's really all that matters. The game is just flat out fun to play (IMO, of course), so that's why I still log and and play. D2 is about to hit year 4 so of course there's going to be player fatigue, and I'm certain the player base has dwindled over those years. I suspect this upcoming season will re energize a lot of players in anticipation of the next expansion...lots of lore stuff all coming together, and that should be a fun time.

Again, I totally understand people getting bored / pissed off with the game, and I've taken multiple 8+month breaks, but when I do come back Destiny always "feels like home." The subclass trees added in Forsaken were a lot of fun (for the most part), and it kind of gives the game a bit more life. Dreaming City and Tangled Shore aren't really all that interesting to me, yet I still haven't gotten around to doing the Last Wish or Garden of Salvation raids...definitely will do them in the future.

Honestly, I just came back to D2 and I'm ready to drop it again. This game just fucking sucks. I'd rather watch videos of cheaters ruining Trials.

Edit: Saw this.

Edit 2: I take that back. The game doesn't suck. The gameplay/controls feels great, but the content could be better. And WTF happened to Scout Rifles? Not even talking about PVP, but in general, they seem so weak.

Last edited:
i actually checked this out recently and was kind of amazed at just how much this was like warframe/how much they clearly took from warframe. and in a short time, i was constantly playing with retards who didn't seem to know how to do the missions (ie: killing the tank after i single-handedly deposited 5 arc charges and am carrying the 6th, etc)... making it feel just like warframe did. haha.

overall, i'm not sure what to think of it. it's better than i expected, but i had reallllllllly low expectations. the endgame seems meh, which is probably much of the reason for fatigue/low retention.

Honestly, I just came back to D2 and I'm ready to drop it again. This game just fucking sucks. I'd rather watch videos of cheaters ruining Trials.

Edit: Saw this.

Edit 2: I take that back. The game doesn't suck. The gameplay/controls feels great, but the content could be better. And WTF happened to Scout Rifles? Not even talking about PVP, but in general, they seem so weak.

A while back they implemented a nerf to precision damage...as I understand it was because people were stacking umpteen buffs (along with auto-reload barricade / Lunafaction boots / Well of Radiance) and damned near insta-melting every boss up to and including the raid bosses. Scout rifles have suffered probably the most from this as they are designed to be precision weapons, and with this nerf they have no impact at all. Scouts are pretty much dead at this point and I've been using scouts since vanilla D1, so it's pretty sad. Bows are pretty good though and they kind of fill the void left by scouts. Autos are extremely strong right now due to a couple of recent buffs, so that's just how it is in an ever-changing sandbox.

So Felwinter's Lie is FINALLY available! I messed around with it a bit but I'm not much of a shotgun guy. Right now there's a million different YouTubers testing Felwinters versus Mindbenders and a few other shotguns to figure out which is the best. Felwinters looks like it's a curated roll (as far as I can tell), so there's no random rolls. Shot Package is an intrinsic perk, and you've got Vorpal along with Quickdraw...so pretty solid all around.

Last edited:
So Felwinter's Lie is FINALLY available! I messed around with it a bit but I'm not much of a shotgun guy. Right now there's a million different YouTubers testing Felwinters versus Mindbers and a few other shotguns to figure out which is the best. Felwinters looks like it's a curated roll (as far as I can tell), so there's no random rolls. Shot Package is an intrinsic perk, and you've got Vorpal along with Quickdraw...so pretty solid all around.

Yeah, I saw one of video of a crucible match and the kill feed was (big surprise) mostly shotguns. Now we need the Y1 Thorn to make this complete.

With the Weekly Reset today came a few changes to the tower; the music has changed a bit and now people are saying it's more "ominous," though I didn't notice any changes. Something more interesting is that if you look at the sun you can now see an outline of the Almighty...about fooking time.

It also appears as though the "Pyramid Ships" have reached Uranus when looking at the display in the Rasputin bunker. This season has been pretty shallow in terms of content and story, but it looks like things are FINALLY about to start moving forward.

There is also an entire lorebook attached to Felwinter's Lie...it took me 430 kills to get the entire book (others are reporting between 200-700), and it tells the story of Felwinter, Rasputin, and SIVA. Pretty interesting and it has give extra context to the events of Rise of Iron.

1000 shotgun kills for a gun that's worse than my Mindbenders Ambition... if it wasn't for some D1 nostalgia I wouldn't have bothered.

Also sun setting armor is even more stupid than sun setting guns. It takes forever to get good rolls to make the build(s) a person wants and then they're going to make them useless in any endgame activity.

<{vega}>

1000 shotgun kills for a gun that's worse than my Mindbenders Ambition... if it wasn't for some D1 nostalgia I wouldn't have bothered.

Also sun setting armor is even more stupid than sun setting guns. It takes forever to get good rolls to make the build(s) a person wants and then they're going to make them useless in any endgame activity.

<{vega}>

I can't agree with you on either of your points. Felwinter's basically "levels the playing field" for people who don't have good RNG or umpteen thousand hours to grind for a particular shotgun. As for sunsetting do you REALLY use armor sets for more than a year? This game is so light on actual optimization that the armor sets make almost zero difference.

To each their own, of course, but I think the community as a whole is making this out to be a much bigger deal than it really is. Same goes for weapons; this game has always tried to get people to seek out new weapons and at least try out new perk combinations. Play the new content and get new stuff.

I can't agree with you on either of your points. Felwinter's basically "levels the playing field" for people who don't have good RNG or umpteen thousand hours to grind for a particular shotgun. As for sunsetting do you REALLY use armor sets for more than a year? This game is so light on actual optimization that the armor sets make almost zero difference.

To each their own, of course, but I think the community as a whole is making this out to be a much bigger deal than it really is. Same goes for weapons; this game has always tried to get people to seek out new weapons and at least try out new perk combinations. Play the new content and get new stuff.

Yep. It's annoying, but they did the same thing in Destiny 1. We went from Felwinter's/Matador/Party Crasher to the Conspiracy Theory-D that was rewarded after completing part of the Taken King story.

Last edited:

You can definitely disagree with my opinion on armor setting. Yes I use the same armor for over a year, from not long after launch, latest it might have been was the shitty first expansion(whatever that was called) until the September expansion I used the same chest piece because it was the exact roll I wanted.

But there's no way you can disagree with my comment on Felwinters being worse than MY Mindbenders Ambition. It's not an opinion, it's a fact that it's wose.

So it sounds like tomorrow, at the daily reset, something is going to happen at the tower.

They are saying that as long as you're in the tower during the reset tomorrow (Saturday, June 6th) you should be able to witness the event. I'll unfortunately miss it due to a prior engagement, but I'm sure just about every single YouTuber will be streaming it.

Also, from the TWAB the other day looks like they have put a good amount of effort into controller remapping here in the near future.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49206

^^^Oh yeah. I remember seeing the pictures of the
destroyed tower that player glitched into a while back.

Well I was in the tower at reset but it didn't start on time. It was like an hour later than they expected so I didn't get to see the end. Which means I didn't get my emblem.

Well I was in the tower at reset but it didn't start on time. It was like an hour later than they expected so I didn't get to see the end. Which means I didn't get my emblem.

You can go get your emblem at any time between now and the weekly reset. Just head over to where Zavala is, and you can see an impact from a chunk of the Almighty. It will have an "investigate" prompt, do that, and you get your emblem.

Here's a quick video showing the Almighty getting blown up.

Pretty cool reveal stream today if you all are interested. Bungie kind of made a solid gamble here by not only revealing the upcoming Fall expansion, but also by revealing the 2021 and 2022 Fall expansions. They have doubled / tripled down on Destiny 2 and it looks like there won't be a Destiny 3. Cool thing to note is that if you already on D2 (and expansions) you won't have to buy them again on the new Xbox and PS5. They are talking about "cross play" between PS4 and PS5 coming next year (same for Xbox 1 and the new Xbox), and they are also talking about looking at doing "all over" cross play the year after that. 60 FPS and 4K for next gen consoles.

Also : New subclass (Darkness based) and new damage type (akin to void/arc/solar)

Back