• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I might hit up the Faction Rally. I already have everything for DO for my Hunter, and that is all I was trying for, but I enjoy faction rallies even though half of me wishes they would have just left the faction mechanic alone and run it D1 style.

they're having a faction rally next week which is going to be the last one until season 3 so it's going to be the last time to get the ornaments and the weapons. I was really hoping to stay out of it until the go fast update but I need to try for some of the new guns. I'm thinking this was deliberate to bring ppl back/keep players because it has been faction rally or IB every other week instead of just 1 IB and Faction Rally per month.

That’s not going to bring anyone back. At least not someone like me. But I always within earshot of the updates just in case..

That’s not going to bring anyone back. At least not someone like me. But I always within earshot of the updates just in case..
I wasn't expecting it to go anywhere I thought I'd have time after the March update to get that stuff. Now I got to go grind away to get the season 2 FR weapons before they are gone. I didn't want to but with the sandbox shit coming I don't want to get screwed around if any of those become the new meta.

This is the last boring faction rally in a series of boring faction rallies. I like some of the ornaments but since they are never going to institute some kind of "season vault or kiosk" we'll all leave our current shit behind for the next IB / Facition Rally gear. It's annoying and not at all interesting grinding so we can slightly alter the appearance of our characters. Somebody on Reddit came up with a great new name for the game since we're all really just playing dress-up with our characters : Dresstiny.

LMAO

I wasn't expecting it to go anywhere I thought I'd have time after the March update to get that stuff. Now I got to go grind away to get the season 2 FR weapons before they are gone. I didn't want to but with the sandbox shit coming I don't want to get screwed around if any of those become the new meta.

Again, shitty weapons will get lost in the mix regardless of the updates. The community will find the top tier weapons in each archetype and everything else will be insta-shard. Since nobody is using the faction weapons right now I highly doubt they will see any use after the update. As far as I understand they aren't doing individual weapon changes but full archetype changes. So everything will just be buffed a bit, but I don't think any individual legendary weapons will see any changes outside of the archetype changes.

Again, shitty weapons will get lost in the mix regardless of the updates. The community will find the top tier weapons in each archetype and everything else will be insta-shard. Since nobody is using the faction weapons right now I highly doubt they will see any use after the update. As far as I understand they aren't doing individual weapon changes but full archetype changes. So everything will just be buffed a bit, but I don't think any individual legendary weapons will see any changes outside of the archetype changes.
they are buffing pulse rifles pretty good even speeding up their rate of fire on a couple archetypes that along with changing dragonfly there's guns like heart of time which might do ok. Or with rampage and kill clip getting a boost to how long they last there a couple weapons with those perks unless that boost is just in PvE. Then there is the buff to suros shotguns so you can actually get the headshots better with the slugs.

Dude. That video is ROTFLMAO material, and I NEVER use that stupid term.

I’m pumped for the pulse rifle buff. Been all about them lately. Depending on the map, I roll with the impromptu 49 masterworked for range or the agenda 5 and the scathelocke. It is crushing.

Man bungie really screwed this game. I had 7 friends buy the game (first time players) expecting them to continue the successful formula they had set already for destiny 1. Two months after launch all of them sold the game away or just uninstalled.
Honestly how do u fuck this up.

Man bungie really screwed this game. I had 7 friends buy the game (first time players) expecting them to continue the successful formula they had set already for destiny 1. Two months after launch all of them sold the game away or just uninstalled.
Left-coast mentality. Everyone wins! They tried to make everyone happy and equal, participation trophies at its finest. Fuck all that shit, they need to clean house and get a lot of those shit heads out.

Left-coast mentality. Everyone wins! They tried to make everyone happy and equal, participation trophies at its finest. Fuck all that shit, they need to clean house and get a lot of those shit heads out.

Pretty much. The game was fun to play but after a while its internal issues started to show and now I can't "unsee" the shitty stuff in the game. At this point all the Live Team is doing is working on reverting the game back to D1, but the problem is they're a small team and they can only do so much.

Wow can't believe people are still playing this game. I got to the 3rd planet in the game and was bored out of my mind.

I finally uninstalled on Friday. It was a combination of other people not logging on and having 3 334 power characters for months because one piece of gear wouldn't drop. Granted I wasn't doing milestones for each character every week, but I think that would have made me sick of the game even sooner.

This always happens to me eventually, but I usually don't have such a bad taste in my mouth. I'm probably done for good; I'm not gonna pay for another expansion after how much they screwed up the first one.

I still don’t gave the chest piece up to 335 and use a few weapons at like 330. Came to the understanding, it just isn’t getting maxed out.

I spent ~6 weeks doing Milestones to get my guys up to 335 but my Warlock could never get a pair of boots to drop. Every week it was gauntlets and power weapons from almost every single milestone. Tons of fucking Aeon gauntlets along with Ophidian Aspects. I did finally get an exotic boot engram but it decrypted to 334. Then I started thinking and remembered that with the next expansion it's almost a guarantee that the power level will increase, so who gives a shit about being 334 right now? There is not a single thing in the game where it matters even remotely so it's not worth beating my head against a very boring wall.

This thread is turning into the Reddit community... tons of people who just can't believe how much they changed the game and how much they fucked it up. After Rise of Iron D1 was in a very good spot and unfortunately the different Bungie teams were incapable of decent communication. So we end up with a sequel that's in a much worse spot than the previous game, and now all we can hope for is that they can turn the sequel into an updated mirror of the original game.

Why did they remove the Quest screen? Why did they remove the Grimoire? Why did they remove dead ghosts / hidden items? Why did they relegate the factions to fashion designers? Why did they decide to merge special and heavy weapons? Why did they change all PvP to 4v4? Why did they get rid of Rumble, Mayhem, or Rift? Why did they remove almost all the perks? Why did they remove random rolls or at least random vendor rolls? Why did they remove exotic swords?

So much of this game is going to be "keep waiting and we promise we'll make it more like D1 in a few months." I try and be positive and talk about the good changes they made, but outside of the UI most of the changes were backwards steps. I can go on and on bitching but at this point it's just not even worth it. I'm hoping that D3 will be a much better game and will end the story with a satisfying conclusion, but I'm not holding my breath.

I finally uninstalled on Friday. It was a combination of other people not logging on and having 3 334 power characters for months because one piece of gear wouldn't drop. Granted I wasn't doing milestones for each character every week, but I think that would have made me sick of the game even sooner.

This always happens to me eventually, but I usually don't have such a bad taste in my mouth. I'm probably done for good; I'm not gonna pay for another expansion after how much they screwed up the first one.
I remember always being -1 on max level or light level in the first game due to the top shit being locked behind fireteam based stuff when that shit actually mattered. Now this game the light lvls don't matter and you still can't get to the max LL and there's really no reason to grind for that shit other then to have that 335 showup.

I remember always being -1 on max level or light level in the first game due to the top shit being locked behind fireteam based stuff when that shit actually mattered. Now this game the light lvls don't matter and you still can't get to the max LL and there's really no reason to grind for that shit other then to have that 335 showup.
Sure, but the issue is that after a bit those milestones get pretty boring. The only one I even mildly enjoyed for the past couple of months was pvp. So I go through the motions even though I'm not particularly enjoying myself, and this one piece of loot that I want just never drops. It just served to kill whatever interest I had. It's not the only problem; it's not even a major problem, but for me it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I spent ~6 weeks doing Milestones to get my guys up to 335 but my Warlock could never get a pair of boots to drop. Every week it was gauntlets and power weapons from almost every single milestone. Tons of fucking Aeon gauntlets along with Ophidian Aspects. I did finally get an exotic boot engram but it decrypted to 334. Then I started thinking and remembered that with the next expansion it's almost a guarantee that the power level will increase, so who gives a shit about being 334 right now? There is not a single thing in the game where it matters even remotely so it's not worth beating my head against a very boring wall.

This thread is turning into the Reddit community... tons of people who just can't believe how much they changed the game and how much they fucked it up. After Rise of Iron D1 was in a very good spot and unfortunately the different Bungie teams were incapable of decent communication. So we end up with a sequel that's in a much worse spot than the previous game, and now all we can hope for is that they can turn the sequel into an updated mirror of the original game.

Why did they remove the Quest screen? Why did they remove the Grimoire? Why did they remove dead ghosts / hidden items? Why did they relegate the factions to fashion designers? Why did they decide to merge special and heavy weapons? Why did they change all PvP to 4v4? Why did they get rid of Rumble, Mayhem, or Rift? Why did they remove almost all the perks? Why did they remove random rolls or at least random vendor rolls? Why did they remove exotic swords?

So much of this game is going to be "keep waiting and we promise we'll make it more like D1 in a few months." I try and be positive and talk about the good changes they made, but outside of the UI most of the changes were backwards steps. I can go on and on bitching but at this point it's just not even worth it. I'm hoping that D3 will be a much better game and will end the story with a satisfying conclusion, but I'm not holding my breath.
I've came to conclusion that D2 is so broken at the design level that its not getting fixed anytime remotely soon. If ever.

Maybe the big dlc3 Taken Queen unfucks giant things like loadouts or subclass customization, but D2 has design system issues.

Bungie & the playerbase might be better off on pulling the plug on D2 & trying again in 2 years for D3. D2 is that fundementally flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back