Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo into Leviathan and start the first encounter. Head back to entrance steps. Get precision shots until you hear the que for the solar round and headshot one (healthy) cabal. That will make sure you get credit for the damage tick off. Since there's unlimmitted enemies (and therefore ammo) the whole thing can be cranked out in 30 minutes.

Still, boring, and the grind for these needs to be taken down a bit.

Yeah, already addressed this with Stabby. Like you said fucking boring but my reason for posting was that it's likely bugged. Shouldn't the explosion from the perk also count? Why is it just the burn?

Yeah, this is what I was getting at with not enough range for damage falloff to matter on pulses. Graviton Lance's second does indeed not suffer from damage falloff and it's a super powerful shot. I used Sunshot and the Seaons 2 IB auto rifle for most of my Iron Banner plays this week and did fairly well. Sunshot, even with the completed catalyst, still suffers from a ton of bloom and ghost bullets...very frustrating where I'm in very close quarters and am still doing zero damage because I'm somehow missing shots. Eventually I went back to Graviton Lance and started doing much better. That gun can cross map pretty easily on every map, and it does more damage at those long ranges than any scout rifle.
orimunds anvil? I use that auto rifle with my titan I got it from the last IB as a masterwork with a range boost. I was using origin story but that under pressure perk works like persistence from D1 so it helps with my aiming. All three of my toons are using the graviton lance though the only thing I switch up is the kinetic and power weapons but most the time it's a 450rpm auto rifle, nameless midnight, battle scar or antiope-D then for power weapons play of the game on my hunter, basilisk for my titan, and perfect paradox for my warlock. I tried crimson out but there is too much team fire and I don't like trading deaths so that lasted one match and it was back to the graviton lance. The bloom in this game is stupid why have bloom if there is already flinch if your sights are on a target that is where the bullet should go. It's already hard enough for scout rifles and hand cannons to compete against most guns why add in a rng element.

i played Destiny 2 when it first came out all the way up until like February.

i couldn't find an organized clan to do raids with. is it still like this? where you need to belong to a dedicated clan to do raids or are you able to queue up and do raids with randoms now?

i couldn't find an organized clan to do raids with. is it still like this? where you need to belong to a dedicated clan to do raids or are you able to queue up and do raids with randoms now?

They just upgraded the phone app and you can join or create rooms to any events if you are looking for players. Its too bad they took so long doing this but it’s super convenient now. If u need nightfall Help or trying to run a difficult quest u can get people..

U can do raids too but a lot of them have requirement. U can look for noobs or people who want to carry or start your own game.

You can check anyone’s gaming history now so if u claim to be a raid veteran but you’re really a noob they can check and call out your BS immediately.

The game still has no real functionality for finding you a raid team so you'll need to do it yourself. While Clans can be helpful the player count is still pretty low. I would highly recommend using a website called www.the100.io Once you sign up the website will put you into a group which kind of fits your own style of play, ie similar age, location, casual vs hardcore, etc. The website also functions as an LFG (Looking for Group) so people will post a game starting at say 5pm and anybody can sign up for that game. So if you want some help with the raid you can post a game and say you need experienced people (Sherpa's) to help you through it. You can also make your own requirements for the game, ie "needs to have headset" or "18 years old +" , etc.

People that actually use power ammo in the Crucible on PC are garbage, way to admit you can't hit enough shots to get a kill without something that can one shot.

I still can't fathom how Bungo thought it was was a good idea to put in a helmet that instantly starts health regeneration.. and then have that ability to tied to an ability that can, if you choose, be recharged by sprinting. Does no one that works in that studio have a brain?

Also, every person using Graviton Lance sure does make for a diverse and healthy meta.

Last edited:
People that actually use power ammo in the Crucible on PC are garbage, way to admit you can't hit enough shots to get a kill without something that can one shot.

I still can't fathom how Bungo thought it was was a good idea to put in a helmet that instantly starts health regeneration.. and then have that ability to tied to an ability that can, if you choose, be recharged by sprinting. Does no one that works in that studio have a brain?

Also, every person using Graviton Lance sure does make for a diverse and healthy meta.

So we can't use Power Ammo or Graviton Lance.... tell us, Exalted Leader, what shitty weapons should we all be using? ; )
I totally get the absolute hate for Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing right now. Power ammo is only so bad right now because of IB and how 30 seconds into the match the Power Ammo shows up and doesn't really disappear for the rest of the match. I did most of Iron Banner using Sunshot and was constantly getting melted from very long distances by Graviton Lance... frustrating but people will always use the meta weapon because it gives them better odds of winning.

That helmet for the Hunter is getting a ton of hate from the more PvP oriented community as well....combine health regen with invisibility and no aim assist and Hunters are quickly becoming even more OP in the Crucible.

So we can't use Power Ammo or Graviton Lance.... tell us, Exalted Leader, what shitty weapons should we all be using? ; )
I totally get the absolute hate for Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing right now. Power ammo is only so bad right now because of IB and how 30 seconds into the match the Power Ammo shows up and doesn't really disappear for the rest of the match. I did most of Iron Banner using Sunshot and was constantly getting melted from very long distances by Graviton Lance... frustrating but people will always use the meta weapon because it gives them better odds of winning.

That helmet for the Hunter is getting a ton of hate from the more PvP oriented community as well....combine health regen with invisibility and no aim assist and Hunters are quickly becoming even more OP in the Crucible.
Lowly serf, for such insubordination and slander against your 'Exalted Leader', you shall be sent to the work camps.

Also where did I say you can't use Graviton? I said it's the only thing people use and it's ResidentFuckingSleeper, but why wouldn't people use it? It's broken.

I really don't understand how one day I can be doing decent then the next day suck shit or how stupid fucking bloom shows up out of nowhere and I can't get crits. Maybe it's like in d1 and most the decent player show up on sunday after the majorty of player get tired of it then again this stupid fucking token system doesn't allow for decent grinding. I really really dislike this token system for ranking up especially when the stupid fucks give you 2 for a win and 2 for a loss unless you spend 25 shards on a pvp boon when the strike boons only cost 10.

Grinding out for those IB Levels.
I need 50 super kills and two more won-games and I'll have all the ornaments unlocked. I think I am at Rank 24 now. My hunter looks so fucking dope with the new ornaments. I am so glad the new cape actually looks cool instead of that stupid samurai head piece.
The Short range scope on the IB sniper reminds me of using the Ice Breaker. It's a great sniper rifle. When you're crouched, it reloads quickly like outlaw. Pretty good gun for PvE for sure. I don't bother using snipers in PvP.

We are trying to finish the prestige raid. We have a good team of good players and still get glitched out non-stop. People flying over barriers, Rift people seeing two of the same symbols on Callus's forehead, people disconnecting and reconnecting mid-raid, just bullshit. We sessioned it for about 3 hours last night and couldn't have a glitch-free run. Never even made it to a single damage phase. It's unbelievable.

Anyways we're going to try again tonight.

Grinding out for those IB Levels.
I need 50 super kills and two more won-games and I'll have all the ornaments unlocked. I think I am at Rank 24 now. My hunter looks so fucking dope with the new ornaments. I am so glad the new cape actually looks cool instead of that stupid samurai head piece.
The Short range scope on the IB sniper reminds me of using the Ice Breaker. It's a great sniper rifle. When you're crouched, it reloads quickly like outlaw. Pretty good gun for PvE for sure. I don't bother using snipers in PvP.

We are trying to finish the prestige raid. We have a good team of good players and still get glitched out non-stop. People flying over barriers, Rift people seeing two of the same symbols on Callus's forehead, people disconnecting and reconnecting mid-raid, just bullshit. We sessioned it for about 3 hours last night and couldn't have a glitch-free run. Never even made it to a single damage phase. It's unbelievable.

Anyways we're going to try again tonight.
I think I need like 14-16 more power weapon kills to get everything unlocked not having to get melee and grenade kills has made this one easier then season two now I'm just grinding for the hunters chest piece. I think I went up around 40 - 45 ranks in this IB alone that's the most PvP I've done since D2 came out without breaking a controller or deleting the game.

Which helmet is this? I haven't used my Hunter in a very long time so I am not even caught up on the gear for them.

Which helmet is this? I haven't used my Hunter in a very long time so I am not even caught up on the gear for them.

It's called "Wormhusk Crown." Its exotic perk activiates on dodge, and instantly gives a bit of health and starts health regeneration.
https://db.destinytracker.com/d2/en/items/2600992433-wormhusk-crown

It's pretty fucking amazing and gives the Hunter a better version of "Healing Rift" and it's available about every 20 seconds or so. The more serious PvP guys are pretty pissed off that the Hunters were given such an amazing piece of equipment since their "neutral game" is already so substantial. I'm mediocre at PvP and use it sometimes, and it certainly is a very advantageous piece of armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back