Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a problem with masterwork weapons during big events like raids.

they have to build raids that will prevent the abuse of the masterworks weapons. you guys see the vids where they drop a bazillion super orbs to destroy the raid lair boss.. it's stupidly easy.

I see a problem with masterwork weapons during big events like raids.

they have to build raids that will prevent the abuse of the masterworks weapons. you guys see the vids where they drop a bazillion super orbs to destroy the raid lair boss.. it's stupidly easy.

I don't think it's an issue... looking at the proposed developer updates they are basically working towards reverting the entire game back to the way things worked in D1. Masterworks weapons really just make it so our supers are on par with D1 in terms of cool down so I think it will all work out in the end.

We might even see them revert back to primary, special, and heavy weapons by the time the "Comet" expansion comes around. I feel really bad for the Live Team as it seems like they are really just trying to remake D2 so that it actually plays like D1. At the end of D1's life the game was in such a fantastic state and I can only imagine how horrible they must have felt seeing what happened to D2 and all of their work get throw straight out the window.

I don't think it's an issue... looking at the proposed developer updates they are basically working towards reverting the entire game back to the way things worked in D1. Masterworks weapons really just make it so our supers are on par with D1 in terms of cool down so I think it will all work out in the end.

We might even see them revert back to primary, special, and heavy weapons by the time the "Comet" expansion comes around. I feel really bad for the Live Team as it seems like they are really just trying to remake D2 so that it actually plays like D1. At the end of D1's life the game was in such a fantastic state and I can only imagine how horrible they must have felt seeing what happened to D2 and all of their work get throw straight out the window.

well they would have to retinker the masterworks bonus to not drop super orbs so easily because if everyone has masterworks weapons and one nightstaker hunter holds their ground against a horde of enemies you will see orbs for days.

the only time I've ever seen a quarter of those number of orbs was when we rigged it to kill crota by dropping shields on the platform for the guy to carry a sword to pop his super on it (forgot what for). we even used a helmet (was it saint 14???) to get an extra 3rd orb.

well they would have to retinker the masterworks bonus to not drop super orbs so easily because if everyone has masterworks weapons and one nightstaker hunter holds their ground against a horde of enemies you will see orbs for days.

the only time I've ever seen a quarter of those number of orbs was when we rigged it to kill crota by dropping shields on the platform for the guy to carry a sword to pop his super on it (forgot what for). we even used a helmet (was it saint 14???) to get an extra 3rd orb.

The quantity of orbs isn't really the issue because the current cooldown is much greater than in D1. So using the Masterworks kind of brings us back to a more reasonable cool down like we see in D1. The Orpheus Rig Nightstalker will absolutely get nerfed, AGGRESSIVELY, in the next balance patch. No way in hell were they expecting it to work as well as it does... during strikes I'll have up to 10 supers just by being smart with my tethers. Same goes for Public Events... if I'm super tactful with it (and the other guardians don't shoot everything immediately) I can usually tether every single wave.

Remember, those Masterworks orbs are "small" orbs and only give a very small amount of super energy.

Yeah stacking orbs on Argos isn't from masterworks at all, most of those masterwork orbs spawn where the kills happen at the bottom of the ramps and roll away. What you're seeing in those videos is mostly from Orpheus Rig spam. Masterworks are a decent change but I feel like they're just something shiny to distract away from the real problem, which is perma-trickle.

so the dumb fucks released the faction rally and you can't even get tokens or loot out of the lost sectors running them normally due to the farming method from the last one.

so the dumb fucks released the faction rally and you can't even get tokens or loot out of the lost sectors running them normally due to the farming method from the last one.

Can you blame them? People maxed out all 3 characters worth in a couple of hours, and spent the next entire week bitching about how there was no incentive to play the game. LMAO

Can you blame them? People maxed out all 3 characters worth in a couple of hours, and spent the next entire week bitching about how there was no incentive to play the game. LMAO
Can I blame them? I ran four lost sectors and didn't get shit from three of them and it wasn't like I ran the same one four times I ran 4 different ones. So yes I think I can blame them if I ran 4 of them the way they was suppose to be ran and they jewed me out of loot in three of them. Not just faction tokens but no fucking loot, glimmer, or edz tokens either so yes they can eat a dick.

Can I blame them? I ran four lost sectors and didn't get shit from three of them and it wasn't like I ran the same one four times I ran 4 different ones. So yes I think I can blame them if I ran 4 of them the way they was suppose to be ran and they jewed me out of loot in three of them. Not just faction tokens but no fucking loot, glimmer, or edz tokens either so yes they can eat a dick.

Oh no... no EDZ tokens... the horror! Imagine what you could have done with that 250 glimmer... you could put that as a down payment on equipping a shader.

Granted, they can definitely eat a dick, but looking at some other posts on Reddit it appears to be about a 20 minute cooldown after doing some farming. So far it appears that most people are doing 2 Lost Sectors before the "cooldown" kicks in. Maybe you got unlucky but calm down and go do some crucible or strikes. Too many people just want to cheese the ever-living-shit out of the Lost Sectors to rapidly get their rank-up packages.

Here's a post by dmg_04 who is one of the community managers for Bungie.

UPDATE: Lost Sector Rewards
We're aware of player reports about Lost Sectors not granting rewards. There was a throttle added to address an issue in the previous Faction Rallies where players were earning 500 Tokens per hour.
The patchnote concerning this change has been updated to correctly state that all Lost Sector chests are subject to this throttle.

Right now if a player opens more than 2 Chests in a 10 minute period they will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for 10 minutes. This does not prevent players from completing milestones related to Lost Sector chests.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242062080?sort=0&page=0

Here's a post by dmg_04 who is one of the community managers for Bungie.

UPDATE: Lost Sector Rewards
We're aware of player reports about Lost Sectors not granting rewards. There was a throttle added to address an issue in the previous Faction Rallies where players were earning 500 Tokens per hour.
The patchnote concerning this change has been updated to correctly state that all Lost Sector chests are subject to this throttle.

Right now if a player opens more than 2 Chests in a 10 minute period they will not receive additional rewards from Lost Sector chests for 10 minutes. This does not prevent players from completing milestones related to Lost Sector chests.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242062080?sort=0&page=0
so they are just being douchebags just to be douchebags a two to three minute cooldown would've worked just as good.

Lol, I’ve never done a lost sector. Maybe I should have looked into that. I do strikes with buds, the flashpoints, and crucible.

Oh boy... big surprise but looks like some bullshit is going on with Season 2 Faction weapons not dropping at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._this_mornings_hotfix_bungie_removed_over_15/

And the guy who runs the website www.destinysets.com has confirmed that not a single Season 2 Faction Rally weapon has dropped for anybody so far who visits his website.

Big takeaway here : SAVE your faction tokens until we actually hear back from Bungie about this... best chance will be the Weekly Update Thursday afternoon.

I was going to say. I saw that last night. Only a new sidearm and the reward weapons look hoopty anyway. Won't have a ton of time to play anyway. Doesn't look to be like I am missing much.

The guy that runs that channel is usually lowkey and seems like a good guy. LOL, he was livid.

so they are just being douchebags just to be douchebags a two to three minute cooldown would've worked just as good.

I was wondering about the throttling because it happened to me yesterday. 5 mins would have been more than enough time but 10? Come on now. That's way too long.

Do you guys ever think they will properly improve the game? I wanted to like it but after 2 weeks i was bored out of my mind. I played pvp for maybe 5 hours max, it sucked compared to D1.

Oh boy... big surprise but looks like some bullshit is going on with Season 2 Faction weapons not dropping at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._this_mornings_hotfix_bungie_removed_over_15/

And the guy who runs the website www.destinysets.com has confirmed that not a single Season 2 Faction Rally weapon has dropped for anybody so far who visits his website.

Big takeaway here : SAVE your faction tokens until we actually hear back from Bungie about this... best chance will be the Weekly Update Thursday afternoon.

Jesus bungle. That's unreal

Do you guys ever think they will properly improve the game? I wanted to like it but after 2 weeks i was bored out of my mind. I played pvp for maybe 5 hours max, it sucked compared to D1.

Yeah, but I think you're looking at probably the big update in September-ish of this year. Looks like we're following the EXACT same development cycle of D1 where the game is good, but has some MAJOR problems. They spend the next year fixing it and bringing it to a good place, and then the new DLC drops and the game is magically pretty solid.

Still blows my fucking mind how little communication there is between all the Dev's at Bungie. The Live Team did such a good job making D1 a great game, and then it was all thrown away with this re-boot called D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back