News Derrick Lewis vs. Tai Tuivasa booked for UFC 271 - WHO WINS?

Who Takes It?

• Total voters
Like both guys but always rooting for Lewis

Buuuutttttt I have a feeling Tai is gonna pull it off.

Think Lewis gets it done, after I overlooked him in the Duakaus fight. But hopefully Tai wins.

I agree with the interim part.

I think they way things went with giving Gane the interim shot, Dana is going to try to appese Francis and keep him. Having an interim, since it could put the nail in the Francis coffin so to speak, isn't worth it. Then again, it's Dana and if he thinks Ngannou is already gone, he's petty so you never know.
That said I can't see Lewis being in that fight with his loss to Gane.
It's Gane vs Stipe.
If Jon is ready to fight they will strip Ngannou and make it for the HW title vs Stipe or get Ngannou to fight and have the biggest HW fight of all time. Probably the biggest mma ppv event of all time too, depending on who else is on the card (hell throw conor on that card as the comain and it could pull 2-3mil ppv buys).

Fair.

I do think that there will be an interim title fight made some time over the summer, and I suspect that Dana/whoever will try their hardest to book Jones. At that point, it's "who is he going to face?". I don't get the feeling that Gane is set for an immediate shot, again; he just had a legitimate loss as the challenger (as an interim champ). The UFC has done more head-scratching things before, so it could happen, but I don't see it. So, I think we're looking at either Stipe or Lewis vs. Jones for the interim if a heavyweight Jon Jones comes to fruition. This could set up the prospective Jones / Ngannou mega fight title unification, or it could allow the UFC to wash their hands of Ngannou by stripping him and elevating Jones to the undisputed champion -- they won't need Francis anymore if Jon Jones is the champion.

So, long answer to a short question up there, eh? My gut says the interim fight will be Jones / Lewis.

A) It's a more winnable fight for Jon Jones, all-but-ensuring he becomes (interim) champion
B) Dana and Stipe aren't on much better terms than Dana and Francis. I don't think he'd want to see Stipe as champ, again

If Jones isn't in the fight, then it's Lewis / Stipe. Again, just my gut feelings on it, but not a hill I intend to die upon.

I like Lewis. He fights a lot and doesn't complain

Sher-analysts say whaaaa?

Back