Derrick Lewis is 9-1 in his last 10 fights

Cro Cop has 9 fight win streak, should have got UFC title shot.

df.png
Baruto win is the most impressive out the bunch, Baruto was steamrolling fairly strong names with absolute ease in the tournament.

I know this isn't popular opinion, but I just don't understand the hype behind this guy.

He looked like crap with Hunt and wined about retiring and his back hurting. Continued fighting only because he has a big house payment. Fought one of the worst fights in history against Niganou.

Gasses in 1 minute and looked horrible in his last fight until he landed that punch in a very weak division.

He’s one of those guys who are better than they appear. It’s hard not to underestimate him
I would argue that he's actually worse than his resume would suggest.

His 2 best wins were given to him by stupid opponents. Ngannou just did not fight. Volkov dominated him and got caught. Rest of his wins are over mid level guys and lower level guys.

Don't get me wrong, the wins count and he deserved his ranking based on those wins. But it's not indicative of his skill IMO.

Baruto win is the most impressive out the bunch, Baruto was steamrolling fairly strong names with absolute ease in the tournament.
Aliakbari and King Mo are also solid wins.

Now that I like at his resume, Volkov, Nelson, Gonzaga, Browne, Nganou. I didnt even realize how many good fighters that he's beaten, I mean those guys have some great wins over good names. I doubt he will beat DC, but still a impressive streak.

Now that I like at his resume, Volkov, Nelson, Gonzaga, Browne, Nganou. I didnt even realize how many good fighters that he's beaten, I mean those guys have some great wins over good names. I doubt he will beat DC, but still a impressive streak.
The Ngannou fight was absolute garbage, one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen, but I think he deserved most of those other wins.

I think Lewis tends to be underestimated because he presents himself as this humble, funny, slightly lazy chubster, but he’s got more skill than he’d like everyone to believe. It’s hard to be this good on paper based off luck alone.

That said, I’m still expecting him to lose to Cormier.

On paper Lewis' streak is great. And he does have legit top ranked wins so his high ranking is justified. But his resume makes him look better than he is IMO.

I mean, Nelson and Gonzaga were way past it. Browne is a mid level fighter, and kinda past it. Ngannou just refused to do anything. And Volkov was a come from behind win.

Actually a good streak and perfectly deserving of a title shot. After all they were pushing for Volkov for a TS. He is slow and sloppy af.

There are 5 big names in that run, so not the worst title shot in history. Its alteast better than DC wanting to fight Shogun on a 4 fight win streak at LHW.

Somehow the cards always stack up in favor of DC. The guy deserves it and is going to steam roll Lewis.

I know this isn't popular opinion, but I just don't understand the hype behind this guy.

He looked like crap with Hunt and wined about retiring and his back hurting. Continued fighting only because he has a big house payment. Fought one of the worst fights in history against Niganou.

Gasses in 1 minute and looked horrible in his last fight until he landed that punch in a very weak division.
Almost all his hype is due to his social media accounts. I don't think anyone really thinks he's a world beater, he's a HW with a solid chin who can hit hard even when gassed and he doesn't give up. That's about all you can say about him. HW being trash has helped, if you're picking between an overweight HW who has no cardio, and an overweight HW with no cardio who's funny, I'll pick the second guy.

The Ngannou fight was absolute garbage, one of the worst fights I’ve ever seen, but I think he deserved most of those other wins.

I think Lewis tends to be underestimated because he presents himself as this humble, funny, slightly lazy chubster, but he’s got more skill than he’d like everyone to believe. It’s hard to be this good on paper based off luck alone.

That said, I’m still expecting him to lose to Cormier.

Oh yah....Cormier is gonna have a fairly easy night barring some big punch from Lewis.

On paper Lewis' streak is great. And he does have legit top ranked wins so his high ranking is justified. But his resume makes him look better than he is IMO.

I mean, Nelson and Gonzaga were way past it. Browne is a mid level fighter, and kinda past it. Ngannou just refused to do anything. And Volkov was a come from behind win.

Very true. And lets be honest, he was on his way to losing to Tybura and Volkov till he landed a last round big shot.

If it helps you understand I spent a week after 229 having to listen to all my Conor loving friends repeat "my balls is hot" like it's the funniest shit ever.

He'd lose to mittrione again.

He really would.

I really have to rest my case here because he did get his hand raised against top10 fighters in his last 2 fights and thats all that matters...

But.. it isn't all that matters? You can't be a fight fan and actually believe that.

The TS is completely justifiable, that's not the issue. The issue is, how pathetic is HW that Derrick Lewis is this deserving of a TS?

Cormier would run through him, btw. Not that that fight will happen, since I think he's done after Bork and maybe a Jones third fight.
How is Lewis underserving? 9-1 in last 10. Just a hater
Don’t watch it

I hope DC isnt by taking the fight on short notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back