Dern is officialy Brazilian

Its pretty common knowledge that not only is her father Brazilian, which obviously makes her half Brazilian, she also spent her childhood living between the USA and Brazil.
She has the right to identify as Brazilian Imo
How can you be half a nationality?

im not a fan at all of Colby Covington but I gotta take a page out of his book when i call some of you haters ....virgins...

i swear some of you act like complete incels/virgins.

if dern wants to speak with a russian accent tomorrow then all the power to her....who the fuck are you?

p_1000790733.jpg

This is so bizarre and I can't believe it's the first I'm hearing of it. I grew up bilingual and have spent many years living all across the globe and speaking different languages exclusively for years at a time. I've gone for over a decade speaking one of my native tongues only a few times per year after the age of 8 or 9, so safe to assume less frequently than Dern currently speaks English. You can definitely develop an accent and forget certain words, but it's nothing close to this extent. This girl is a whack job. Maybe if she moved to Brazil at the age of 3, but not after you've natively spoken English your entire life and only moved there a few years ago as an adult. She will NEVER speak Portuguese better than she speaks English, even if she spends the rest of her life living in Brazil. Unless you adopt a new language pre-adolescence, you will forever be hard-wired for your native tongue, which is English in her case.
Adopting fake foreign accents is a strange phenomenon and I've been seeing a surprising amount of it lately, almost exclusively among women. It's surefire indicator that something is not right upstairs.

Yeah, when you can't cerebrally formulate a sufficient argument, logical fallacy such as ad hominem tends to dominate your psyche. Thank you for demonstrating that on the forum for all to observe.

Ok there, Sigmund Fraud.

Who the fuck cares where she's from? It's pretty funny how every time she fights a bunch of anti-Dern threads come out of the woodwork. Meanwhile, she came to this fight in the best shape of her career and dominated another top 10 fighter in the SW division.

Haters gonna hate, but she's one of the most talented female fighters out there. You'd think fight fans would appreciate some of that stuff. But nope, it's "She has a big nose", "She has a fake accent", "Jerry Seinfeld" and "Fat chick blah blah blah".

The funniest part is she just keeps winning and you keep hating even more.
Feel better?

Meh. Im half mexican. I got cousins born and raised in usa that speak 0 spanish that have spanish mexican accents. But theyre cholos. At least dern is completely fluent in portugese. Kinda lame to have strong accent when you speak english and not even speak the language of the accent.

Its so obvious the accent is fake, lol at people that believe her. I say that as someone that is Bilingual and I can speak, read, and write both languages at a high level.

She plays up the accent big time to appear more Brazilian. Even though shes half white, and from Arizona where she was raised. Her real accent is a valley girl accent that is typical of white women in south west/West.

She even messes up her English syntax and says words out of order lmaoo. Sure accents can morph a bit here and there but shes known English for 25+ years. You dont forger syntax like that.

Her last names fake too btw you goofs, its not Dern. Real last name is Diaz, she sure loves to pretend to be other things. Weird lady

It sounds like you know more about this than I do, but my guess is that either 1) you are right and she can't consciously switch back, 2) she intentionally chooses not to, or 3) she doesn't realize how bad she's gotten because it's happened so gradually.

I would imagine it irritates people because they think she chooses not to and it comes off as insincere. It's the equivalent of a black person in the United States who grows up financially privileged, or completes a college degree but chooses to speak (types) like a gang member on social media. I don't know where geographically you live, but Deon Sanders was a famous Defensive Back in the NFL years ago. He's got millions of dollars and raised his kids in a well-to-do environment but his son tweets like he grew up in the worst part of Baltimore. Similarly to the reaction to Dern, it irritates people on twitter, and embarrasses his father as you can see here:

Correct.

If she wants to represent Brazilian, then that's on her, that's her choice. What I don't like is how fake she is, faking the stupid accent to make her more Brazilian is silly..

Lol dude, come on... I'm bilingual, and know a lot of bilingual people. I've seen people have mental blanks in their original language if they've been speaking English for a long time, for example. Stuff like that is normal if they move back. Developing an accent in your original language if you're speaking something else 24/7 is not out of the realm of possibility. It's common with regional accents. People come back with a different accent after living in a different state for a while, then it goes back to normal. Why would it be so impossible for the same thing to happen with a different country instead of a different state?

Do you or those people have any evidence to say this is intentional? It doesn't make sense, and you're acting like it's 100% certain. Your theory about her trying to ingratiate herself with Brazilians is silly, most of them can't even understand English, so they can't tell if she has an accent or not in English. I'm bilingual and I'm around people who share 2 cultures pretty frequently. I don't know a single person who would look at you differently if you speak English without an accent (especially if they know you're American, lol), as long as you can communicate with them in their own native language. Even guys who don't speak the second language at all (Cain Velazquez) are celebrated. No clue of where you're getting that idea from.

Mackenzie was even trying to use an English translator in the octagon bro lol. Come on man.... how gullible can you people be lol

Mackenzie doesnt need a translator and its obvious what shes doing.

Mackenzie was even trying to use an English translator in the octagon bro lol. Come on man.... how gullible can you people be lol

Mackenzie doesnt need a translator and its obvious what shes doing.

Lol that was hilarious. But from what I remember she turned the translator down and spoke English to Rogan, no? I got the feeling that that was a fuck up by the organization.

Rogan should get her on the podcast and clear up the mystery.

Last edited:
Lol that was hilarious. But from what I remember she turned the translator down and spoke English to Rogan, no? I got the feeling that that was a fuck up by the organization.

Rogan should get her on the podcast and clear up the mystery.

Her team requested it, was deliberate. Rogan commented on it. Its on one of his podcast eps. Think its on YouTube

edit: found it and yep she wanted a translator lmao

im not a fan at all of Colby Covington but I gotta take a page out of his book when i call some of you haters ....virgins...

i swear some of you act like complete incels/virgins.

if dern wants to speak with a russian accent tomorrow then all the power to her....who the fuck are you?

Sherdoggers aka "The Powers That Be".

Back