Law Dept Of HHS: Marijuana Should Be A Schedule III Drug

Hahaha... just stop. The far left have become just as or more Authortarian than the old Christian right ever was.

The days of the anti-establishment classic liberal hippies are long gone

You're embarrassing yourself

Brother, the only embarrassment I have is second hand from reading the lunacy that conservatives believe.

Not surprised that you don't have a real response. How could you? The truth is a bitch isn't it?

Strict enforcement happens literally every single day, we dump billions upon billions of tax dollars on militarized police, prisons where drug dealers get harsher sentences than rapists, and have had plenty of zero tolerance laws. Also I don't think making the case for the kinds of Nanny States that exist in the Middle-East (theocratic) and the bigger economies like China and Japan are sound arguments. In the Middle-East the ruling class does plenty of recreational drugs without enforcing their own laws on themselves and saving that for the peasantry. Weed is illegal in Japan,.but synthetic cannabinoids that provide the same high are not. Strict Chinese drug policies have enabled Mexican Cartels, and are right now fueling declarations of desire to invade Mexico by Republican politicians who are too chicken-sh*t to admit that Mexico is just a middle-man.

When China cracked down hard on it's own pharmaceutical black market, the corporations there who produce fentanyl and export it illegally made the move of selling the precursor chemicals to the Mexican Cartels. This brought the Cartels a big revenue stream and empowered their illegal business. The same happened with methamphetamines and traffic through Myanmar, where Triads deal in precursor chemicals to other groups who mix them.and then distribute meth from there. Would have never happened with better regulation and structure of the drug trade.
If enforcement was so strict, we wouldn't be seeing so many junkies openly using drugs on the streets. Where there's an ability and a will to have strict drug enforcement, there is often low rates of people using the drugs. This is also obvious because people don't like being in prison. I don't think America has an easy way to control it. But the ability to control it is not a condemnation on the will to control it.

Also no one gets sent to federal prison for marijuana possession anymore. In fact, in total there have only been 6.5K cases since 1992. https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...21012_Updated-News-Advisory-Data-Analysis.pdf

If enforcement was so strict, we wouldn't be seeing so many junkies openly using drugs on the streets. Where there's an ability and a will to have strict drug enforcement, there is often low rates of people using the drugs. This is also obvious because people don't like being in prison. I don't think America has an easy way to control it. But the ability to control it is not a condemnation on the will to control it.

Also no one gets sent to federal prison for marijuana possession anymore. In fact, in total there have only been 6.5K cases since 1992. https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...21012_Updated-News-Advisory-Data-Analysis.pdf

Saying the problem is bigger than strict enforcement can handle doesnt indicate a lack of strict enforcement. Some areas of the US are seeing the folly of the War on Drugs, but that's hardly common. This same pattern happened in Portugal and Switzerland, where the more harsh the enforcement became, the more harsh the sentencing, the more the problem grew. Countries with strict drug enforcement without a means to control the market (legalization) just end up exporting their drug problems.

And I wasnt speaking about marijuana specifically when it comes to prison sentences, it was a general statement of how we've populated our prisons with drug dealers through the course of this prohibition.

If someone wants to smoke weed (in private settings), then I have zero issue with it. Then again, I don't care if someone does coke, heroine, shrooms, etc. in a private setting. It's none of my damn business if they are an adult.

Does anyone have the data on how much stronger weed really is? Because back in the day, our Humboldt buds were total wheelchair inducing events. I have a hard time believing it is so much stronger today that it's dangerous.

It should just be made completely legal. It's safer than cigarettes and alcohol.

Be nice if the old fucks in our Congress would actually do something.
Its not as badass though. Alcohol leads to sex. Cigs are good during the consumption of alcohol and after sex.
Weed isn't.

Weeds good for music, videogames, and youtube videos.

So ridiculous people still argue anything other than full legal status. It's a mostly benign substance, that adults can use responsibly if they so choose. It's massively, and obviously, hypocritical, for one to espouse things like freedom and personal responsibility, and continue to support criminalization of this substance.

Its not as badass though. Alcohol leads to sex. Cigs are good during the consumption of alcohol and after sex.
Weed isn't.

Speak for yourself. Weed buzz with a good alcohol buzz is amazing. Fucking is also FAR superior on weed than it is with alcohol.

Weed isn't.

wrong.gif

Its a non issue up here. There's weed growing right in people's front yards up here. Very strange for me as someone who grew up in a time when all your property could be seized if you grew a plant.

The right at the same time say the left hate cops and laws and are also authoritarian
I get the part about the right saying the left hate cops, but what's this about the left hating laws? Can you elaborate or rephrase?
thanks

War on drugs seems to work fine in Middle Eastern and Asian countries. Problem with America is it's porous borders and high demand for these drugs have made strict enforcement almost impossible.

That's because those people are used to being told what to do and bending to the will of whatever the higher ups tell them to do. Americans do not have the same mindset that those people do.

It very clearly isn’t a Schedule 1, that’s been apparent for decades. I think reducing it to Schedule III or IV makes sense. What’s amazing to me is that the benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, etc.) are Schedule IV.
or that alcohol isn't even considered a drug....

That's because those people are used to being told what to do and bending to the will of whatever the higher ups tell them to do. Americans do not have the same mindset that those people do.

We also have doctor's that hand out opiates and benzos like they're candy. Gotta keep big pharma happy

Regardless of where you stand on drug legalization, there is no justification for keeping marijuana as a scheduled I drug. It should not be scheduled more severely than cocaine or opiates.

Until Covid hit

The US gov. and DEA have never cared about having a sane stance towards drugs. It's always been about reaching various agendas. Andrew Mellon with the backing of the Du Pont family created the Bureau of Narcotics to put an end to hemp production, which was threatening the wood pulp industry they had investments in. Nixon weaponized the war on drugs to undermine opposition of black Americans to the Vietnam war. The ban on marijuana protected the pharmaceutical industry's expensive painkiller products. It also allowed profiteering by funneling bodies to private prisons. It's always been about an agenda or another. I can only imagine that they're changing stance now because having the population tranquilized with cannabis use is useful for the future they envision, e.g. eating bugs in the smart city, high on drugs because your life sucks, losing yourself in yet another layer of the illusion in the metaverse.

Shits been legal in Canada for years. It's almost comical to think it was once illegal.

Until Covid hit

Depends on where you were. In Texas I was back training BJJ in 1.5 months. The vaccine stuff was threatening peoples jobs which yes at that point you will get a lot of people to do what you want. Even with that though I know a lot of companies who didn't do it. I only did it because a company in NJ wanted to hire me and required it. Which was dumb because the company they wanted to place me at said they didn't care but whatever.

Back